• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Just had a game with a whiny little bitch who threw the entire thing because we didn´t choose the heroes he suggested. Kept feeding on and on while crying on the mic. He just ruined the game for 9 other people. Is there really nothing you can do besides reporting? Does it actually make a difference? What´s the worst that can happen to those people? A ban for a day? God, this pisses me off.

Any ex hon people know if Moonmeander is trying to get into the pro dota scene?
Just had a game with a whiny little bitch who threw the entire thing because we didn´t choose the heroes he suggested. Kept feeding on and on while crying on the mic. He just ruined the game for 9 other people. Is there really nothing you can do besides reporting? Does it actually make a difference? What´s the worst that can happen to those people? A ban for a day? God, this pisses me off.

Low priority is a pretty shitty place.

Kard8p3

Now now, don't get too excited folks, this is from Reddit and these people may be lying, but those translation strings are apparently
- Oracle's abilities, lore, etc
- A new ability for Tusk called "Throw Snowball"
- Custom game mode support
- An option to only cancel TP's with the stop command
- Shadow Fiend's item slots (remake)
- Timbersaw's item slots

if ur lying we'll cut u

Now now, don't get too excited folks, this is from Reddit and these people may be lying, but those translation strings are apparently
- Timbersaw's item slots

Assuming that I'm not being bullshitted:

Sigil gone?
I'd like that TP change, but I've not accidentally cancelled my TP's in a while.

- Timbersaw's item slots

a5YC4Xa.gif

inkls

Bad7667

Had my first game out of 1000 where I genuinely wanted to throw the game for my team. The amount of harassment from 3 of my teammates was unbelievable. Making fun of my voice, calling my gay, and anything I said was mocked.

A little ashamed to say but they got to me and I had to mute them because it was disrupting my play.

We ended up winning but no enjoyment from it.

inkls

Had my first game out of 1000 where I genuinely wanted to throw the game for my team. The amount of harassment from 3 of my teammates was unbelievable. Making fun of my voice, calling my gay, and anything I said was mocked.

A little ashamed to say but they got to me and I had to mute them because it was disrupting my play.

I know that feel.

Apparently strings for Pit Lord have been translated for awhile so Mr Void dude on Reddit may be jumping the gun declaring a major update because Oracle's ability strings are being translated.

Keep the hype in check folks

Kade

Good to know it's 2003 in some parts of the world.

Would replace Snowball, I would think.
That'd be better, Snowball is a bit crazy.

No shame in what you did, I'd mute at the first sign of flaming. When you notice your teammates are abusive as yours were, mute them and just do you.
Fucking Eastern Europeans, they don't even give a shit about dying.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think we should get a larger update in the next 10 days, it looks like there is going to be a big focus on the Chinese Labor Day Holiday. No clue about balance and heroes, but we should at least get a ton of hats.

Madouu

Any ex hon people know if Moonmeander is trying to get into the pro dota scene?

Yeah he's trying to form a team with bkid and other ex hon players. I've seen more and more hon nicknames in random dota games around recently, hontour semifinalists sync have been playing dota 2 quite a bit too. The last few players are finally switching.

A bkid+moon team might have potential but they'd have a long road ahead of them before being really competitive.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I just post news I find on Reddit :(

Well here's proof of Tusk, although it just looks like a slightly modified version of Tusk's ability currently in the game, minus the "release towards the enemy" bit

Can't get anything on custom game modes, but my guy may have missed them.

He says "Oracle has been in here awhile, not new"

Nothing on Shadow Fiend, but copies of all of Shadow Fiend's strings with the name "Nevermore" but also not new.

I don't know, my guy thinks Void guy may be exaggerating.

IgUooja.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This thread is the Sahara, a barren wasteland devoid of patch notes. Every now and then, the blazing heat of the sun creates shimmers and distortions in the distance, visions of a patch-to-come, until night falls and we realize it was only another mirage.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
It'd be cool if they add all this shit as Compendium rewards.

500k 6.81
1 million Pit Lord
1.5 million Shadow Fiend visual upgrade
2 million Techies
2.5 Custom Game Mode

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just integrate github into the workshop and make DOTA2 open source already. The community is already making all the monetization content, and keeping the comp scene alive. Might as well go all the way and allow dedicated fans to bring us parity.

Just integrate github into the workshop and make DOTA2 open source already. The community is already making all the monetization content, and keeping the comp scene alive. Might as well go all the way and allow dedicated fans to bring us parity.
They should do this for all the little minor bugs they don't bother putting effort into, but valve should totally continue doing the actual character models, voices and general design. I don't trust the community for that yet.

Vade

The community doing anything is a risk, but at least the game would be complete.

The community would make everyone near 1:1 ports of their wc3 versions, ignoring all the neat design choices valve has made and instead declaring blizzard is the best because of reasons, even if the audio/visual cues of wc Dota are awful and the choices valve has taken with certain aspects of character and skill design are far superior.

Top Bottom