• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

elyetis

The community would make everyone near 1:1 ports of their wc3 versions, ignoring all the neat design choices valve has made and instead declaring blizzard is the best because of reasons, even if the audio/visual cues of wc Dota are awful and the choices valve has taken with certain aspects of character and skill design are far superior.
Isn't it pretty much the opposite of what we saw happen with someone making a render of Techies looking exactly like Valve artwork for him( the one people think cyborgmatt used for his 1 april techies picture/video ) ?

I think the community making hero could be used after the parity is done ( so by TI6 ), it wouldn't mean a new hero by month or anything, nor would it mean that they wouldn't rework it before putting it ingame ( from skill choice and balance, to animation, etc.. ), but I think it could bring some good design ( both visualy and from a gameplay perspective ) into the game; while also improving their release speed ( who am I kidding ? ).

kionedrik

I'm trying to get back into the game after a 2-3 month break. What are the current go-to carries? What about supports? I've seen a lot of AA lately and can't really understand the love.

ViviOggi

I've seen a lot of AA lately and can't really understand the love.
Chilling_Touch_icon.png
Ice_Blast_icon.png
aghanims_by_kaponne_BR.jpg

spk

I've seen a lot of AA lately and can't really understand the love.

The competitive community decided to acknowledge his existence after a mild buff to one of his lesser abilities for some reason, even though the main draw is the rest of his kit that has always been there

G.ZZZ

The competitive community decided to acknowledge his existence after a mild buff to one of his lesser abilities for some reason, even though the main draw is the rest of his kit that has always been there

No? He started to get picked after cold touch and aghs buffs, AND ice vortex. It's no wonder cold feet is being maxed last right now. But mostly it's the absurd aghs he got, he stall pushes and win teamfights so easily with it from a safe distance. I'm expecting a slightly worse aghs upgrade (17->15 secs ) for a slightly better mana cost on cold feet (or better cd or whatever).

Arkanius

I miss a DOTA2 patch so much that it's not even funny.
Valve is coming back from their Easter holidays.

Please Valve, give it to us!

G.ZZZ

I'm looking the Defense of the Australians stream at work in lack of a interesting streams. :(

I should really stream tales from the COPPER trench.

EDIT: but then i'd have to get music to stream uhehuehuehu dunno

also my pc and connection don't think they can take streaming, i have an oldass piece of shit.

Vade

According to Reddit its due this week. LD said on his Twitter it's gonna include Techies but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Why would anyone listen to LD, the man is missing the cognitive reasoning side of his brain and gets lost in the team fights.
Do not know what is happening? scream about nonexistent buybacks into fights and will like you for some reason. Maybe because the other casters are racist aussies, aussies that use low population to boost their solo mmr, scream about bagels into breadsticks or one of your other 7 phrases, or be blaze who is a literal tumor on the ass of society.

Artanisix

No? He started to get picked after cold touch and aghs buffs, AND ice vortex. It's no wonder cold feet is being maxed last right now. But mostly it's the absurd aghs he got, he stall pushes and win teamfights so easily with it from a safe distance. I'm expecting a slightly worse aghs upgrade (17->15 secs ) for a slightly better mana cost on cold feet (or better cd or whatever).

spk is right. AA's buffs have been lingering around for a good long while, it took quite a bit of time (and some poking by the frog) to get teams to finally use him.

Nymerio

What's so bad about supporting sven? I've never seen that but he has a ranged stun, warcry to boost armor and movement speed and an ultimate that gives him some bonus damage, and you could potentially go carry if needed. A bit similar to alchi, right?

I just feel like its a waste of a hero. Sven is designed to kick ass, not keep other people alive. His stun was super useful though.

Personally, I think support Sven with a Blink Dagger is more useful than carry Sven. He's doesn't really kick that much ass as a carry until he's really stacked. And there are better 5 or 6 slotted carries.

I've run supporting Blink Sven quite a few times and it worked out fine.

Today, I purchased a month of Dotabuff plus and apparently, I have an all time winrate of a whopping 36.56% against Zeus (101 games). This motherfucker is ruining my pubs, I didn't even realize.

edit: And merely 40% winrate against Luna in over 120 games, holy shit.

Calidor

Today, I purchased a month of Dotabuff plus and apparently, I have an all time winrate of a whopping 36.56% against Zeus (101 games). This motherfucker is ruining my pubs, I didn't even realize.

buy a casual hood

kvk1

How is Dotabuff plus?

Was it worth the money?

Well, it's kinda fun looking at those stats but I don't think I'll buy another month. If you give me a link to your profile, I could tell you which hero wrecks you in pubs.

i played juggernaut for the first time in 75 games. I always thought he was a STR hero. Jesus he is squishy until i bought a vanguard. Plus they had a zeus with a refresher orb.

Mohasus

maybe it is because other supports got nerfed too.

Kade

Would be cool if you could random a hero within a set parameter. Random Support, Random Carry, Random Disabler, etc. Sometimes I want to play a specific role but don't care which hero.

Satch

Banned
u know how you have the star on the hero selection screen that lets u set that hero as a favorite

i wish u could random just through those favorites

Wok

Top Bottom