• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think he is going to be more ES then TB. I can easily see people falling flat on their face and healing their enemies in their incompetence, and making them magic immune at really crappy times.

People who want solo queue don't realize there's a limited number of players and a limited number of pool to pull a team from, so the more you divide this pool up, the harder it is to match them with even skilled players and the worse quality matches will be as a result.

But try and tell them that...

That's only going to matter at the extreme top and bottom of MMR. Everyone else in the middle will see better, more competitive games.

Alastor3

Never give up! Never surrender!

How many games have you played total? If it's like a thousand and you don't feel you've improved at all then maybe give up tho...

If it's less than a hundred what you're feeling is normal and should go away as you play more and understand the game better.

VVV Yeah also that. The game isn't for everyone and if you gave it a fair shake, it might just not be your gig. If you aren't having fun...

For now, I played 91 games but I still haven't tried all the characters. My ratio is 34 win 57 loses.

Do you enjoy playing it?

Yeah, even if I lose, I love playing it when I can get some kills or carry my team.

I will try a new character now, i heard rubick is fun to play for a starter

Hylian7

And then quadra-midas once you get your refresher.
You mean triple Midas. Double can't use refresher. Otherwise you would be able to have infinite Midas. By the way all cooldowns are fresh on the double. So you actually can midas even more with your ulti.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You mean triple Midas. Double can't use refresher. Otherwise you would be able to have infinite Midas. By the way all cooldowns are fresh on the double. So you actually can midas even more with your ulti.

Your own Midas is refreshed when you you use refresher, so you use your own twice and two doubles get to use it once each.

That's only going to matter at the extreme top and bottom of MMR. Everyone else in the middle will see better, more competitive games.

No they won't. That utopia never existed. Matches weren't better last year when solo queue existed. I know, I played my share of them. Noticed no difference. Now with the pool already cut between ranked/unranked and with more modes to select, we can't go dividing the pool like this. 4 stacks out of ranked is bad enough (it cut my number of ranked games played by about 75%, I imagine I'm not the only one who has a hard time finding 5), we don't need it split any further and Valve knows this.

KingKong

you know what the best part of the upcoming update is? ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Timbersaw cosmetics ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

bounchfx

you know what the best part of the upcoming update is? ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Timbersaw cosmetics ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

oh man. I really hope so. would just need to find time to do it, but I am so ready to do some Timber stuff.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
okay does anyone else is getting higher pings since the last patch? my ping has an extra 30 since the last patch and its driving me crazy, tell me i'm not alone gaf!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Now bounce, what secrets do you know about this upcoming update. Did the Chinese ask Red Moon to make some stuff for their Labor Day event?

Also, more of them perfect world sets:
Violet Sharpness Set
400x400.resizedimage

Tavern Brute Set for Tusk, including custom Sigil
400x400.resizedimage

I could have sworn I have seen that Tuskar fist before.

Jex

The more people are certain that there's an upcoming patch the more convinced I am that it won't happen.

Kard8p3

Just had a guy say that "Shaman>Lycan." in terms of who is better

8((((((

edit: ended up abandoning bc our draft was so bad lmao.

Hylian7

I gave in and pulled the trigger for a month of Dotabuff+. It has a lot if interesting info. I have apparently played two games with Ayesee.

Ketch

Don't level Q until late unless there is someone with illusions

That's bad advice. You want to max the arrows and heal ASAP, stay back in team fights using your skills to contribute then blink ultimate on someone whose low when they try to run. Do not initiate with legion until late game or your in a very advantageous position. ie. 3 on 1 ganks.

Her skills are too good to not use in a fight and your ultimate puts you in just as much danger as your target.

Karakand

I played a game yesterday with a supporting Sven. Not even joking.

Needless to say we lost the game.

hey man it's not my fault the lifestealer kept disconnecting & this guy in my stack keeps picking anti-mage even though his winrate with the hero is like < 20% and his KDA < 2.0

I also played support Sven yesterday. Single draft, ho!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
That's bad advice. You want to max the arrows and heal ASAP, stay back in team fights using your skills to contribute then blink ultimate on someone whose low when they try to run. Do not initiate with legion until late game or your in a very advantageous position. ie. 3 on 1 ganks.

Her skills are too good to not use in a fight and your ultimate puts you in just as much danger as your target.
This is trench tier. Just AFK farm the jungle with W and E, build an Armlet and Blink and go HAM

sixghost

I havne't seen many Legions level Q early unless you're up against a broodmother or something. Maxing Q over W or E on Legion sounds like a good way to never win any duels.

Renoir

That black and red naga set?

demon_sword_large.e5e7140cfa3bcf3d5783e8d8c93570de9914218e_large.png

this one.
So if valve stick to color scheme, chances for a commoner from the workshop to get in with there set changing everything is slim?
Im really liking that set, im just wondering the % chance of ever seeing it in game.

elyetis

Oracle is going to be the Earth Spirit of 6.81
Even worst I would say.

But hey between releasing years old hero available in captain mod in dota 1 which didn't get any rebalance for more than a year, and releasing a not even 1 year's old hero which to everyone surprise end up not being balanced, valve already proved once what kind of choice they can make given that choice.

Top Bottom