• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I had one such (ranked) game, yet it was fun defending 2 vs 5: http://dotabuff.com/matches/621327053

By the way, I don't know why, but my MMR has been decreasing for the past weeks. I used to be ranked 2.5K-2.6K MMR, and now, I am more in the 2.3k-2.4K trench. The difference is huge.
im so sorry
pick Ursa and get out
Might also be the time at which you play. I'm at 2.5-2.6k and the change you describe happens after 8-9pm est. Usually I get competent teammates and after that time no one knows whats a ward.
oh god you too

Quesa

smurf friend invites went out to gaf ppl because I cannot play with some of these shadow blade earthshakers and other assorted idiots I'm going insane

12 game win streak comes to an end when I group up with a bunch of guys who are relatively new, Auto attacking creeps until no end. Got owned by an obvious Ursa smurf. I'm glad I somehow got into a tier in which not everyone wants to be a fragile hard carry, worked my ass off trying to babysit every lane.

Go into random draft:

Me: "I'm probably going for Mirana or Weaver"

First 3 picks are Juggernaut, Riki and PA. I'm forced to pick Lina to balance shit out somewhat. Fifth guy picks Dark Seer. Shit did not go well after Riki and PA insisted on dual laning the safe lane and not letting me babysit PA.

Quesa

you care too much about silly numbers

Shrug.gif

Ketch

How do I convince my friends that they shouldn't buy tranquil boots on every hero?

they're arguement is that they keep you in lane. my arguement is that they are shitty.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Support Invoker best Invoker.

Do you guys build tranqs on Axe, or just rush a blink?

I've been using Axe lately and have been stomping.
7/8 but I get overly aggressive

My build has been tranqs -> blink/vanguard -> vanguard/blink -> bkb/blademail -> heart

Ketch

My build has been tranqs -> blink/vanguard -> vanguard/blink -> bkb/blademail -> heart

Pretty sure there's no such thing as overly aggressive on axe.

I build my axe weird. I build him for right clicks. So I'll go like brown boots, magic stick, rush vanguard then get treads and blink then like mjlonir or AC or bkb if I have to.

Hylian7

How do I convince my friends that they shouldn't buy tranquil boots on every hero?

they're arguement is that they keep you in lane. my arguement is that they are shitty.

Potions keep you in lane too, and they're much cheaper.
This. Also Mek, Bottle, Ring of Health, and more. Not on every hero obviously, but those can all be better than Tranqs.

In my opinion Pudge and Lone Druid are the only two heroes worth buying Tranqs on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tranqs is horrible for laning unless you're CM/Lich because you're going to be attacking A LOT, meaning less regen. The only time this is not a problem is when you're at full health, at which point the regen from Tranqs is already going to waste and you spent 1000g on brown boots.

Acinixys

BKB on axe? What kind of a terrible build is this?

Blink - Heart - Heart - Heart - Shivas - brown boots is the only build worth doing

Shinypogs

I think the in game guide tells me to get tranquils on KotL but I have bigger problems with him than possibly wasting gold on the wrong boots.

FACE

Banned

Blink first, always.

Karakand

Guy calls support, the picks Invoker. I assume he's kidding, he was not.

Single draft, I ask Skywrath if they can support. "I don't like playing support," they respond. "I don't like playing with people who aren't team players," I reply. Skywrath picks Sniper, goes mid, gets rekt by Swag Fiend who proceeds to have a KDA of 15+ in a 30 minute stomp.

Been playing Terrorblade a bit more and I'm impressed with the hero. I'd heard a lot about how much damage he can dish out and how good he was at pushing, but I never realised how good a ganker he is. His Q ability would have to be one of my favourite ganking tools in the game

Einbroch

Banned
Been playing Terrorblade a bit more and I'm impressed with the hero. I'd heard a lot about how much damage he can dish out and how good he was at pushing, but I never realised how good a ganker he is. His Q ability would have to be one of my favourite ganking tools in the game
Is his turn speed nuts or is it me? He controls and moves so fluidly.

shira

rekt

Gromph said:
NeoGAF will be going down for a period of approximately 30-60 minutes starting on April 24 at (08:00 GMT / 03:00 EDT / 00:00 PDT)

Please be aware when the site come back online, can be a few minutes of delay due the high load of requests, don't panic if you see a 504 Gateway timeout error.

GG gaf

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i1YVlleu2BhNb.png

game is hard

at least I pulled off the double familiars stun

sfedai0

Banned
I reported someone for the first time ever. And I am extremely laid back. This guy was yelling racial slurs and stealing people's items. I guess some people just want to watch the world burn.

I haven't been able to play Dota 2 in almost a week now due to internet problems which is why I played the last hitting tutorial quite a bit. 75 last hits in 10 mins is the best I managed to do. Gotta get better. 82 is the maximum, isn't it?

Lotto

Oh my god Batrider's 100 range Lasso is so terrible. I couldn't get off any of my Blink + Forcestaff initiations because march of machines kept putting my blink on cooldown too :\ I so sad.

Cassius

The community would make everyone near 1:1 ports of their wc3 versions, ignoring all the neat design choices valve has made and instead declaring blizzard is the best because of reasons, even if the audio/visual cues of wc Dota are awful and the choices valve has taken with certain aspects of character and skill design are far superior.

The drag box to select units is still something I'd like to see "fixed".

Top Bottom