• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
BKB on axe? What kind of a terrible build is this?

Blink - Heart - Heart - Heart - Shivas - brown boots is the only build worth doing

I hope your joking, but if there's tons of lockdown I build a BKB.

I've been building him as a tank that just initiates aggressively and relies on helixes, but I'm going to try Ketch's idea of right clicks.

Randdalf

What does success agaisnt mean? Anyway, fuck terrorblade. Just kidding, love to rekt using him.

As I understand it, success is a quantification of how "successful" you were in a game based on stuff like KDA and Risk. So rather than saying you won 60% of your games against a hero, the success might actually say you were only 30% successful across all those games indicating that you were carried or didn't participate as much. It's basically a custom metric created by Dotabuff only available to Plus members.

http://dotabuff.com/blog/2014-02-06-new-plus-features

Rowr

2SL25vh.jpg

Wok

Dendi's nemesis is Pugna (all time) or Terrorblade (current patch).

Edit: I have noticed a bug on dotabuff: by default, hero counters are shown for all-time although it is advertised as shown for 6.80. If you want to see the results for 6.80, you have to select the option.

Acinixys

I find it fairly unsurprising that all the baby mode pub stompers like Rik/Drow/Bara/Lycan/Slark etc are the heros you lose the most against

Quesa

So since most people are saying that jungle is inefficient compared to lane for most heroes, what changes would need to be made in order that to not be the case?

sixghost

So since most people are saying that jungle is inefficient compared to lane for most heroes, what changes would need to be made in order that to not be the case?

I think it's only inefficient compared to an easy lane. I'll take the jungle over a contested lane for most heroes that are decent in the jungle. I also don't think most people are very good at being efficient in the jungle. It's something that you actually need to practice.

Hylian7

im about to first pick pudge in a non-ranked match

lets see how this goes lol
Depending on what MMR you are in and your skill on the hero, could be easy. My easiest games have been on Pudge.

If you can play it well, ignore the naysayers of your team. I know I have had matches like that Tinker one I played on stream with Pudge yesterday: Where your team bickers before the two minute mark, and you make the plays and suddenly they all shut up and play.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
People on reddit seem to have some really odd rose tinted glasses on the old solo queue. Never mind the fact that people complained it was less balenced and very few people queued up for it.

Also, I'd like to see my effectiveness chart thing for all time

bbd23

well that was funny
http://dotabuff.com/matches/622537155

hit some hooks
failed some hooks

luna got angry and wanted nothing to do with the team

at one point I think I just ran in and died because I had no clue what to do xD

Pudge is weird. I think ill stick to imba spirit and CM. at least it wasn't ranked. :p

People on reddit seem to have some really odd rose tinted glasses on the old solo queue. Never mind the fact that people complained it was less balenced and very few people queued up for it.

Also, I'd like to see my effectiveness chart thing for all time

People who want solo queue don't realize there's a limited number of players and a limited number of pool to pull a team from, so the more you divide this pool up, the harder it is to match them with even skilled players and the worse quality matches will be as a result.

But try and tell them that...

SamVimes

Don't change it. It's good that the lane is more efficient since jungle is safer and harder to contest.

Hylian7

well that was funny
http://dotabuff.com/matches/622537155

hit some hooks
failed some hooks

luna got angry and wanted nothing to do with the team

at one point I think I just ran in and died because I had no clue what to do xD

Pudge is weird. I think ill stick to imba spirit and CM. at least it wasn't ranked. :p
Everyone usually fails their first Pudge game, don't sweat it. I know I did. Just practice hooking in unranked and you'll get the hang of it.

Also if you miss a hook while your teammate watches, they will probably give you unwarranted bitching even if you hit the rest of your hooks. Sometimes they are understanding but other times it turns out like that. Such is the life of Pudge.

bbd23

Everyone usually fails their first Pudge game, don't sweat it. I know I did. Just practice hooking in unranked and you'll get the hang of it.

Also if you miss a hook while your teammate watches, they will probably give you unwarranted bitching even if you hit the rest of your hooks. Sometimes they are understanding but other times it turns out like that. Such is the life of Pudge.

that was my 10th pudge game apparently

before this match I hadn't played him in 3 months and the match after that was 9 months ago lol but yea ill def be practicing him now and again.

Alastor3

I know the basic but im so bad at this game, should I stop playing or what ? I play with 2 other friends who are okay too but we are always against strong people...

Hylian7

I know the basic but im so bad at this game, should I stop playing or what ? I play with 2 other friends who are okay too but we are always against strong people...
It takes a lot of time and patience to even get to the point where you have some idea of what you are doing. Don't give up and keep trying.

Another thing you should note, at your starter level, chances are if you lose to something, it is probably something extremely beatable, such as an Armlet Riki I saw in a friend's game once. Research what you get beaten by and see how you can counter it in the future, or if it is actually a valid stray, try it. Ask around about these things too.

Never give up! Never surrender!

How many games have you played total? If it's like a thousand and you don't feel you've improved at all then maybe give up tho...

If it's less than a hundred what you're feeling is normal and should go away as you play more and understand the game better.

VVV Yeah also that. The game isn't for everyone and if you gave it a fair shake, it might just not be your gig. If you aren't having fun...

Hylian7

Never give up! Never surrender!

How many games have you played total? If it's like a thousand and you don't feel you've improved at all then maybe give up tho...

If it's less than a hundred what you're feeling is normal and should go away as you play more and understand the game better.

I'd say that is possible if your tactics are "struggle and try to figure out what to do from my teammates and enemies"

When I used to play HoN I played plenty of games and learned nothing. Someone asked me to buy wards and I thought the runes were wards so I went and stood at the rune spot. Then my team asked where the wards were and I asked "What are wards?" They laughed and stated kick and concede votes.

Top Bottom