• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Bokr you afked to menus and lost me two legendaries, at least. GODDAM.

no i didn't, i came back in the morning and was dead somehow, then I got the "you have been disconnected message, HIT OK" because when you die you default to the pause menu and that shit DC's you faster than freakinchair can say donut. lost 1 leg :(

i think we need at least 1 templar up for this to work next time, in case 1 or 2 of my IK's ever bug out. I think that happened then I just got killed.

G.ZZZ

Aren't you busy sulking over how EG got owned?

And here i thought you got smart, but no, it was a miracle created by your single neuron by chance.

And no, i'm not sulking at how EG got owned for two simple reasons:

- EG with no fear is not EG, it's a EG-1 +1
- i don't care about EG tbh, i just love Rtz (bestest mid), Universe (bestest off) and PPD (bestest drafts). Zai's good but i need more time to value him, and Fear i'm indifferent toward

EG will still win TI4 ez. The only chance they don't win it is that RTZ find a girlfriend and lose all his mid skill alongside his virginity.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
no i didn't i came back in the morning and was dead somehow, then I got the "you have been disconnected message, HIT OK". lost 1 leg :(

i think we need at least 1 templar up for this to work next time, in case 1 or 2 of my IK's ever bug out. I think that happened then I just got killed.

Must be that you died, then it dced us and killed the lobby. Oh well. We lost our safety nets for the day too.

Radec

damn, these guys are not kidding around on cosplays

templar_assassin__dota_2____for_the_temple_by_ver1sa-d7eyc97.jpg
kunkka_is_my_name_by_ver1sa-d7efmis.jpg

Hylian7

na bro i logged back in and started it up again and got 2 legs in 10 mins, safety net preserved
... Is your new avatar basically a kawaii version of what I just suggested for a new Necromastery icon? Where did you find that and who read my mind (or my post)?

Ketch

I havne't seen many Legions level Q early unless you're up against a broodmother or something. Maxing Q over W or E on Legion sounds like a good way to never win any duels.

I think her q is really underrated and the ultimate is overly relied on, and often misused.

But you are right, I shouldn't have said to max the heal.. I think you should do 3/1/1 and then finish q and max the passive before the heal. I don't know it's all situational.

I don't have the exact numbers but the arrows are like 300 + bonus damage in an aoe that also gives your whole team a mini haste rune. It's really good.

Duel is just mediocre, the mute on an enemy hero is great but it does the same to you... It's not good initiation because your just as vulnerable as the guy your dueling. And even if your trying to solo kill with it, I still think you're better off hitting them with a max nuke to take them down to half hp and then dueling, instead of relying on the passive.

Edit: looked it up, max overwhelming odds is 200 damage + bonus for unit hit.

Renoir

cant wait to put the thread to good use and make some decent predictions this year..
also fuck a smeevil, i hope we get something nicer this time.

Randdalf

If there's an update this week they'll start the marketing either today or tomorrow. Not sure if they'll do a multi-day thing or just release an info dump.

manfestival

why is it entertaining to watch a shit dota player smoke weed

Hes not that bad of a player. He just has poor decision making (mostly when impaired). Plus he is pretty entertaining to watch. Its like the man is capable of blocking 90% of the insults that are hurled his way, whether hes unaware or whatever it may be.

spk

No? He started to get picked after cold touch and aghs buffs, AND ice vortex.
Yes but those changes have been in for a while and his presence still didn't shoot through the roof until 6.80. I'm not saying he's being picked because of the latest Vortex buff, in case it's not clear

maybe it is because other supports got nerfed too.
Didn't pretty much every support aside from Veno Visage CM get buffs in the last patch?

Ultimatum

Banned
people watch streams for the personalities as much if not more than for the play. If they just wanted to watch good play, they could just watch the featured matches on the first page of the Live tab in-game.

he has no personality he just shouts weed hook/my nigga/etc every few seconds

He isn't shit for one, and him being high as fuck but still landing hooks left and right is fun to watch (when my waifu rtz isn't streaming)

he is very very poor but i guess it's just a matter of standards, if you are new to the game he may impress you

Hes not that bad of a player. He just has poor decision making (mostly when impaired). Plus he is pretty entertaining to watch. Its like the man is capable of blocking 90% of the insults that are hurled his way, whether hes unaware or whatever it may be.

well I guess he just insults his team-mates instead of chat then, because whenever he loses he has some excuse and someone to blame

Randdalf

When drafting in CM do you guys go in with a particular lineup you're looking to draft, or do you just do it off the cuff? I'm thinking in future I'll have a few lineups that I've already prepared so I can target the bans more effectively and not have to stress out about the last hero we pick.

Sibylus

Banned
That's bad advice. You want to max the arrows and heal ASAP, stay back in team fights using your skills to contribute then blink ultimate on someone whose low when they try to run. Do not initiate with legion until late game or your in a very advantageous position. ie. 3 on 1 ganks.

Her skills are too good to not use in a fight and your ultimate puts you in just as much danger as your target.
Agree with Ketch. 1st-2nd priority on Q-W is the better team-oriented build (in which case you should lane), you can fight early and reliably set up Duels on low targets in fights (the burst [50/100/150/200 +14/16/18/20 per unit] and the bonus MS [9% per hero + 3% per unit for 7 sec] in particular help a ton). The W-E Jungling build makes you slow for too long and way too single-purpose for my liking. Her utility is far stronger than her right click early, go fast and be team player!

Ketch

I've re-evaluated to think the passive might be better then the heal early game. I don't think the AS from the heal scales...

G.ZZZ

Yes but those changes have been in for a while and his presence still didn't shoot through the roof until 6.80. I'm not saying he's being picked because of the latest Vortex buff, in case it's not clear

Didn't pretty much every support aside from Veno Visage CM get buffs in the last patch?

Point is rarely u see an hero picked immediately after a change, it needs some time. 6.79 or 6.80 it's the same shit, the hero started to get picked because he got massively buffed. Team needed some time to work him in lineups? Well this isn't surprising. But this isn't a case of an hero barely changed for years and then suddendly picked, and that has happened a couple times i think.

Sibylus

Banned
A point in Courage can be useful, but even discounting the bonus AS from PTA, you can do more with the anti-stun and hp regen when fighting to get your team early kills (or save allies).

Top Bottom