• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Manus

Sure I guess, but then it turns into a Shadow Fiend like situation where if you get denied a bunch early on you're screwed if you don't have a lot of regen on you.

Well if you're good at mid as long as you deny or kill a creep you get health so whichever one you do you're going to get health.

I rarely lose mid against Viper, they usually have no clue what to do against a BS. Plus once you have your mid pushed either gank for an easy kill or farm jungle than hop back to mid.

Well if you're good at mid as long as you deny or kill a creep you get health so whichever one you do you're going to get health.

I rarely lose mid against Viper, they usually have no clue what to do against a BS. Plus once you have your mid pushed either gank for an easy kill or farm jungle than hop back to mid.

That second part is huge. As BS against a mid that is probably going to outfarm you, you have to start ganking as much as possible. It's one of those situations where losing the lane will possibly win you the game. You keep Viper somewhat in check until 6 and start wrecking other lanes while he's still going for a Mek or Vanguard (assuming he goes for one or the other) and their other lanes are helpless.

shira

its happening.

Thursday?

0dkFaWJ.gif

Kade

mana leak: lol. like that's gonna do anything outside of a teamfight
blinding light: same as manaleak
mana drain: ok, but if you max mana drain, the stun lasts 1 second and deals 60 dmg. viper can just run away
earth spike: if you max the stun, the mana drain does nothing

I don't know then.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
wtf... have you ever lost a game because of a girl playing??
i mean she wasnt bad. she played her part (TB). But everyone else got taken over by OH SHIT there is a vagina behind that TB and everyone else forgot how to fkn play.. extremly frustrating.

I've ran into like 2 girls in voice chat my entire time playing Dota. One of them was very memorable because she reminded me of a female version of a guy I queue with in that she was bitching constantly about how shit we all were at Dota. It was least played and I was on fucking wisp, like what the fuck do you do with that hero? Anyways, she went sniper mid and fed. We lost but I don't think it was anyone in particular's fault. That's just shit tier Dota.

edit: ahh Dotabuff, such a great log of my failures http://dotabuff.com/matches/367956566

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Dota 2 Main Client Update

• Techies have come to destroy your lives.
  • Phoenix, Terrorblade, and Techies added to Captain's Mode.
  • Snaggletooth courier added to the store.
  • Beaver Knight courier added to the store.

edit: got a little ahead of myself there

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Petition to Lock Dota Thread Until 6.81 Balance Patch
Haly Williams

Renoir

I must be jonsing for that damn update.. i loged and was looking for an update..

:<

shira

[*]Snaggletooth courier added to the store.

no dice redmoon
Cosmetic_icon_Snaggletooth_Jerry.png
256px-Cosmetic_icon_Ol%27_Snaggletooth.png

call him snaggleranger

Einbroch

Banned
BOGO 50% off @ thinkgeek.com.

Got two of those brewmaster hoodies w/ luckbox code. Sell them for $15 each at least, get two hoodies for $3 each.

Ultimatum

Banned
In all seriousness though he obviously out CS'd me, but I out item choice'd him.

how'd you reach this conclusion? you had significantly more successful teamfight and used that to snowball ahead. cs means fuck all when you can go 18-1, which is where you gained your gold, hence your gpm being over 100 higher than his...

Hylian7

how'd you reach this conclusion? you had significantly more successful teamfight and used that to snowball ahead. cs means fuck all when you can go 18-1, which is where you gained your gold, hence your gpm being over 100 higher than his...

The whole time he was outfarming me in general, but I was playing pretty smart the whole time. Most of the kills happened pretty late and that basically blew the whole game open for us.

Ultimatum

Banned
The whole time he was outfarming me in general, but I was playing pretty smart the whole time. Most of the kills happened pretty late and that basically blew the whole game open for us.

I'm not trying to take anything away from your play, just wondering what item mistakes you think he made

Mohasus

HOLY FUCK I JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA OF MY LIFE

dota manager/elidota, for those who like dota but fail at the execution
buy players, select theirs picks and strategy, guaranteed 2.0 IGN score.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What if Lone Druid's Bear didn't vanish when he died, and simply became disarmed, so dying without bear cooldown may not be as huge of an issue.

FACE

Banned
HOLY FUCK I JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA OF MY LIFE

dota manager/elidota, for those who like dota but fail at the execution
buy players, select theirs picks and strategy, guaranteed 2.0 IGN score.

Just hire a few amazing players from SEA and China and win hard.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/623123910
odrx.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-WFNbMohTQ

Axe. What a man. What a mighty good man.

After fucking over their Tiny + Lion + Undying tri-lane (Tiny started 0/8, I believe), I did allllll the tanking for the team. They had to throw all their disables on ya boi because I was all up in faces with helixes. That, of course, meant they didn't have any for everyone else. Carried a scrub Void (who randomed him and was terrible througout with team chronos, missed chronos, embarassing itemization, etc.). AXE'S BACK IS STRONG AND SHOULDERS WIDE.

#whataman

Hylian7

I'm not trying to take anything away from your play, just wondering what item mistakes you think he made

I don't really think he made any, I just picked the right items for the situation, which were mainly focused on beating him. And that's what it did.

Battle Fury - Decent farm, fairly uncontested (I was playing at 150 ping, which was why I missed so many obvious last hits early, and it was throwing me off, but I was still okay)

Butterfly - He's AM, he's going Manta, evasion's going to do work and he ain't going MKB first (he did later, but it was too late by then). Plus agility, damage, and attack speed, all things Void can use. They also have a Windrunner who can right click decently, especially if she were to use Focus Fire on me outside the Chronosphere or something. On top of that I could potentially dodge the hits of Poison Sting from Venomancer.

Desolator - AM's getting a heart, on top of that he's squishy before he gets that heart. When he does have that heart, I can deal with it by reducing his armor and absolutely melting him. The rest of the team is pretty squishy, especially the Windrunner and Venomancer, so Desolator is going to wreck them too. Plus we have Natural Order, as well as Rip Tide, what's not to like here?

MKB - I believed there was a possibility of AM going Butterfly. Whether he did or not, this was still going to be useful for a few reasons:

#1 - They have a Windrunner with Windrun, if I ever want to kill her outside the Chronosphere, there's my ticket for doing so.
#2 - Warlock and Sand King (especially Sand King), have somewhat lengthy animations on their ultimates. If I proc a minibash (or Time Lock) on them, it stops them, buying us enough time to kill them. With the Sand King this goes double obviously. Warlock can just try again.

My next item was going to be an Aghanim's Scepter, but that slot was filled with an Aegis obviously. Now the reason for the Aghanim's Scepter was because we needed more lockdown for the AM. With all the items I already had, an Aghanim's Scepter would give me just enough time to deliver enough damage to secure the kill.

The Naga also had a great play toward the end that pretty much sealed the deal. (We were all in mumble) he said he was going to wait for them to lay down marches, wards, and stuff, but I saw a few of them clumped in Time Walk range, so I said "JUST SONG NOW" over the microhpone. He did it, I got a 3-man chronosphere, and that sealed the deal right there. Aegis still went unused. Mid rax was taken off of that fight, gg, how won this game.

Edit: Let me take a minute and clarify why I didn't buy some other items.

Mjollnir/Maelstrom - Great item on void obviously, however I was going for a damage void this game. I had a Battle Fury for AoE under the Chronosphere. On top of that, it's against an AM, who has Spell Shield. So that magic damage from the Chain Lightining procs isn't doing much to him.

Daedalus - It came down to a lack of slots and what I needed more. I was going to have an Aghanim's in that Aegis slot because I needed more lockdown for the AM, not necessarily more damage.

AC - Another viable option, but I did have a Desolator and chose to have the preemptive MKB over this.

bounchfx

don't you dare toy with my heart

now i weep

weep in the corner
shagbark plush keep me company plz

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I have a very important question: how won this game

You guys won cause you outscored them 35:15 in kills lol and if you lost the early game, you have a tinker (plus many other solid base defense heroes) that can perma-turtle and extend the game to the point where void shines. Your entire team is also hella strong against AM, from the Shadow Shaman hex/lockdowns to chrono to tinker laser to naga net. Not surprising you won, odds were definitely stacked against that AM.

Top Bottom