• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Ketch

Go from winning four in a row on sat to getting completely destroyed 4 in a row on Sunday to whipping the enemy team so bad they abandoned today.

What is dota?

I enjoyed reading that Envy B L O G B O Y S.
I can really see his passion and now understand why other pro players respect him.
Fuck y'all friendship and anime always win!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Well he's not too fun to play if you just kill him when he's weak.

Yes obviously. Everyone knows how to counter PL. Sadly this isn't a pro game and when you're solo queuing you can't always get the right ganks to happen. So when they don't and you get to late game against PL, it fucking sucks. It's happened to everyone.

iamblades

probably something with an AC and Halberd.

You mean butterfly and heart. :p

I build void basically like antimage, battlefury into manta into butterfly, then heart/crit/MKB depending on the game situation..

Mjolnir actually fits the hero more than battlefury as a farming item, but I think you really need the regen from the battlefury if you are going to jungle efficiently in the midgame, unless you build a vanguard.

I'm tempted to try just buying a casual ring of health with a maelstrom on void early game, and sell it after I finish a couple core items. Basically a ~450 gold investment for faster farming in the midgame.

Kard8p3

IDK how good this build is but I'm a fan of battlefury>MoM>Crit>Manta>Butterfly/MKB/Mjol for Void. One got a 3 man ulti and popped manta only to have myself and my 2 illusions each kill a different target, felt so good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
More Perfect World hats that will be in the Labor Day update:
400x400.resizedimage

400x400.resizedimage

Ketch

Blink/Shivas/Vlads are solid.

If you have money to throw away Skadi and SnY work too.

Wards and more wards, gem, urn, Force staff, pipe, AC, bkb, radiance, aghs, you can build anything on omni he's a great hero. You can turn your mana boots into a blood stone. Armlet, Heart, abyssal blade, mjolnir, rapier.

Omni best hero.

Edit: ok, maybe not bkb.

Acinixys

In all seriousness though he obviously out CS'd me, but I out item choice'd him.

Lategame Void beats lategame everything else

The only way to beat him it to save for buyback, let him kill you in chrono and then insta bb and TP into the fight

The only game ive evey won vs a 6 slotted Void was as a 6 Slotted Spectre. He Chrono'd me as we were raxing, so i bought back and haunted in. We won.

Madouu

I'm at the point where if I see a storm, qop or even ember spirit on the opposite team and I'm not going mid, I just support with Skywrath Mage. Too many times our mid loses pretty hard and opposite hero ends up snowballing. I recommend it since It works very well at 4k rating so there's no reason for it not to work at lower brackets.

Once they commit on you, or any other hero and mess up their positioning, you just silence and get a return a kill, even if outleveled. If they're smart about it, they'll pick up a bkb asap but even then it's a win.

Also, I'll resume doing my daily vods list tomorrow, been pretty busy with work and could not find time to fit it in these last two days!

dmshaposv

I'm at the point where if I see a storm, qop or even ember spirit on the opposite team and I'm not going mid, I just support with Skywrath Mage. Too many times our mid loses pretty hard and opposite hero ends up snowballing. I recommend it since It works very well at 4k rating so there's no reason for it not to work at lower brackets.

Once they commit on you, or any other hero and mess up their positioning, you just silence and get a return a kill, even if outleveled. If they're smart about it, they'll pick up a bkb asap but even then it's a win.

Also, I'll resume doing my daily vods list tomorrow, been pretty busy with work and could not find time to fit it in these last two days!

I can vouch. Skywrath fucks u up good if ur a qop. My very first qop game I went 0/5 against a skywrath who completely shut me down. The silence/ulti/bolt combo is brutal.

elyetis

How would you advise 'training' to play a position your not used to ?
I mean I really mostly a support picker, or hardlaner to some extend; but would like to play a little more carry and mid; but always feel bad for my team the few time I try it ( even more so because I know it mean my friend who usually play carry end up being support, so between him and me it make 2 inefficient player in the team ).

Should I go full I don't care, mute everyone and keep going at it ? bots ( but even I can beat them as carry or mid since they are so weak; thought I can always use more last hiting training ) ? smurf ?

G.ZZZ

I mean I really mostly a support picker, or hardlaner to some extend; but would like to play a little more carry and mid; but always feel bad for my team the few time I try it ( even more so because I know it mean my friend who usually play carry end up being support, so between him and me it make 2 inefficient player in the team ).

Should I go full I don't care, mute everyone and keep going at it ? bots ( but even I can beat them as carry or mid since they are so weak; thought I can always use more last hiting training ) ? smurf ?

Best way is find a mate and get a dozen or so of pratice laning in the time you'd do a normal game.

Randdalf

If you want to play carry you should watch some replays of Liquid ` TC on Twitch or look up his Dotabuff and do it in-game. I think the first thing you should do if you want to get better at carry is practice last hitting with some common carries like Lifestealer, Luna, Spectre, etc. using the last hit challenge in training.

elyetis

Best way is find a mate and get a dozen or so of pratice laning in the time you'd do a normal game.
You mean doing 1v1 in private games to train the laning phase ? seems like a good plan for mid practice.
If you want to play carry you should watch some replays of Liquid ` TC on Twitch or look up his Dotabuff and do it in-game. I think the first thing you should do if you want to get better at carry is practice last hitting with some common carries like Lifestealer, Luna, Spectre, etc. using the last hit challenge in training.
My biggest grip against -melee hero- training using the last hit challenge is that you can be pretty powerless against the distance bot they can put against you, more than what you would actually expect in a true laning phase where you ( should ) have a support helping you out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That Razor set looks pretty dumb and I really really want it

Speaking of Razor, does the slight delay on his attack animation bug the fuck out of anyone else? I have to completely recalibrate whenever I'm playing him because the actual time for the damage from his attacks to take effect is noticeably slower then the actual time for his whip animation to make contact, and it usually messes up my first few last hits.

G.ZZZ

I honestly don't understand how can people over 4k be so bad. I mean, i play all the time with RL friends that are below 3k, and while mechanically worse, they're mile better in term of griefing, decisions etc... I get an intentional feeder every 2 games seriously. Too much ego for such copper tier bracket. I always try to win, never intentional feed or shit like this, but there's so many people who feed courier or spam ping or ragequit for the worst stupid things like AA not gank. Dude it's an AA he can't gank, leave him alone and think about your lane. I honestly think the only difference between the 4k and 4.5k bracket were i played usually is just in the amount of ragers. First game pages were so much nicer in comparison dear god. Everyone was mostly mute and played, and people feeding was mostly taken in jest (except in 1.09 games i guess). I remember even a game where Nv.Azen congratulated me for my WD even though we lost, not to talk about the game were we won against merlini even while i fed my lane against him, but my team didn't say anything, and we won.

Nowadays it really seems like the attitude has become so much worse.

I'll have to instapick some shitty hero every game again i guess.

Top Bottom