• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Any have recommended skill build for Abaddon? I was looking at his dotabuff and the most popular build skips his Q until level 10, which I don't really understand.

I read Purge's guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161203401 and he recommends skipping the passive until 10 and levelling the nuke and shield equally which sounds interesting, though I thought the passive was worth a value point for running people down with oov.

inkls

So after thinking a bit more about oracle, I think his ult will be so good when you need to land a channeling ability like cm's ult amongst other.

Do you guys think well see this or will it only be used on the carry?

edit: Actually, only 20s cd. So maybe

Randdalf

So after thinking a bit more about oracle, I think his ult will be so good when you need to land a channeling ability like cm's ult amongst other.

Oracle has a channelling ability, the duration of which determines how long a target is purged, so you can get a guaranteed full duration purge off. Oh god.

elyetis

With it's CD we will see on everything.
But I mostly expect some combo wombo, like ult on legion + duel.

Heck it will be crazy on pretty much anything.

inkls

Oracle has a channelling ability, the duration of which determines how long a target is purged, so you can get a guaranteed full duration purge off. Oh god.

As long as you don't get stunned, or aoe stunned while invis. I'm fairly certain his ult only delays damage, not stuns or debuffs, like void's backtrack. So Dust > sheepstick will probably be pretty important late game.

edit: actually you'd probably just use fate's edict for the 100% spell resistance, so no stun

With it's CD we will see on everything.
But I mostly expect some combo wombo, like ult on legion + duel.

Heck it will be crazy on pretty much anything.

Didn't consider the implication of duel. So, impossible to lose duels lol.

Wonder how it will interact with spiked carapace. Will it bundle damage as one instance per source? If so, that would be strong.

Will probably ruin my doom play since they'll be able to keep the doomed target alive long enough to get back to base maybe ;_;
Although it will also be great because Doom will be literally taking no damage.

Also good in conjunction with phoenix ult. Probably also give a headstart to morphling so he can start morphing str.

Also, activate blademail near the end of the duration for insta rampage?

Also good with dazzle shallow grave near the end of the duration.

FACE

Banned
Any have recommended skill build for Abaddon? I was looking at his dotabuff and the most popular build skips his Q until level 10, which I don't really understand.

I read Purge's guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161203401 and he recommends skipping the passive until 10 and levelling the nuke and shield equally which sounds interesting, though I thought the passive was worth a value point for running people down with oov.

Skipping his nuke until lvl 10 is horrible unless you're thinking of carrying with Abaddon, and he isn't a very good carry.

Nah, it's half of your first BF or half of your Deso.

Randdalf

As long as you don't get stunned, or aoe stunned while invis. I'm fairly certain his ult only delays damage, not stuns or debuffs, like void's backtrack. So Dust > sheepstick will probably be pretty important late game.

edit: actually you'd probably just use fate's edict for the 100% spell resistance, so no stun

So Oracle's combo at level 10 is:
- False Promise on himself, get in position.
- Start chanelling Fortune's End and deal 300 magic damage.
(?) Cast Fate's Edict on yourself so you can't be magic damaged.
- Cast Purifying Flames for 360 magic damage, and the healing effect is purged.
- [Optionally] Dagon 1 the target for 400 magic damage.
- Wait 3 seconds and cast Purifying Flames for 360 magic damage, however the healing effect kicks in.

So in 3 seconds you can surprise a hero from invis with 1420 magic damage unmitigated, which is 1065 when taking into account magic resistance.

Icefrog pls.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, you should notice it after the first bit of damage, and the invis is like 7 seconds, so I dint see it being a super useful ganking spell. I think his ults real strength is the shallow grave effect, the invis is easily countered and mitigated.

Low Tier
that seems like an awful way to play the hero, hes like super wisp on crack dont play him as a nuker rofl just pick skywrath if ur gonna pick a no-stun squishy int hero that nukes hard.

like legit slark ulti is fucking disgusting now imagine it on like sniper or something retarded like that

inkls

So Oracle's combo at level 10 is:
- False Promise on himself, get in position.
- Start chanelling Fortune's End and deal 300 magic damage.
(?) Cast Fate's Edict on yourself so you can't be magic damaged.
- Cast Purifying Flames for 360 magic damage, and the healing effect is purged.
- [Optionally] Dagon 1 the target for 400 magic damage.
- Wait 3 seconds and cast Purifying Flames for 360 magic damage, however the healing effect kicks in.

So in 3 seconds you can surprise a hero from invis with 1420 magic damage unmitigated, which is 1065 when taking into account magic resistance.

Icefrog pls.

Oracle carry op.

Well, you should notice it after the first bit of damage, and the invis is like 7 seconds, so I dint see it being a super useful ganking spell. I think his ults real strength is the shallow grave effect, the invis is easily countered and mitigated.

9 seconds at max level and invis will probably be irrelevant at pro levels, but I mostly fear for the pubs.

Probably become my go to support for ranked games the same way as Dazzle is my noob team-proof support.

Low Tier
its regular invis but who the fuck is gonna expect that shit in pubs anyways it takes forever to re-wire pubbies so they buy dust for a new invis

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Temporarily alters the target ally's destiny, delaying all damage, healing and regeneration effects on them until False Promise ends. Ally is granted invisibility while attacking and moving. Removes all negative status effects when applied.
It's slark invis.

1.09 can't read as usual.

Demoli

It's old slark, detection will reveal false promise.

But seriously, dont play him as a nuker, dude is a support through and through. Mek and urn are like corest of core on him, mek is +500hp under fp.

I'm curious as to when Zet's gonna come along. Every other hero that hasn't been ported yet has had some sort of work done and Zet has nothing.

Where's the love for double Midas/double Necrobook?

FACE

Banned
I'm curious as to when Zet's gonna come along. Every other hero that hasn't been ported yet has had some sort of work done and Zet has nothing.

Where's the love for double Midas/double Necrobook?

Zet sounds amazing.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE TECHIES AND ZET

http://dotabuff.com/matches/623248465

I love QE invoker. Get that QW bullshit outta here.

Judging by the builds on Starladder, the pros agree.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some more Perfect World Hats:
400x400.resizedimage

400x400.resizedimage

400x400.resizedimage

Na'vi made an Anti-Mage set that is the right colors. Expect them to post some formal announcement on reddit in a few hours because thats what their PR guys do:
400x400.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252258967

e-Club Malaysia submitted a set of wards. They are ok, I like the storm and puck ones:
200x200.resizedimage

200x200.resizedimage

200x200.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

200x200.resizedimage

200x200.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/id/eClubMalaysia/myworkshopfiles/?appid=570

They also updated the textures to their ugly duckling courier:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202883198

elyetis

Didn't consider the implication of duel. So, impossible to lose duels lol.
Well shallow grave allow it too, but with the invi aspect of it, it will wreck pub ( at least at below 4k ).

Didn't think much about it, but it should probably be pretty strong with TB Sunder too ( depend about how it work ).
Razor with it would be quite a thing too.

Randdalf

I wonder how well a machine learning algorithm could predict when a major patch is due, using various sources like previous patch date, frequency of updates to private beta, etc. It might be interesting.

Top Bottom