• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
r0RGqom.jpg

What the fuck

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
If the qualifiers start the 12th and Valve wants 6.81 out before then, they need a patch by like Friday at the latest.

Giving people less than two weeks to learn a ton of new stuff is pretty dumb.

Kade

Could be, that would make the timeline for translating strings a little less aggressively fast than Reddit believes.

You guys make me scared to post cool little bits of Dota news :(

I don't really think you're a piece of shit. Please keep posting any information you uncover because it's better than no information at all.

Quesa

What if they never patch again and this is it!

"eh, this whole dota thing hasn't really worked out for us. Halflifethreesnotarealgame bye"

And after playing qw and qe invoker, I def think qe is more my style. Probably cuz it's a little easier? I know emp/tornado is ez teamfight, but I feel more in control of kills when I play qe. Iunno. Also since they're probably gonna nerf qw maybe I should stick to qe

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Let it be known that on this day (23 August 2014 year of the Donkey Kong), I, Anbokrus Maximus Priapus Gigantus, slayer of Grammar, Destroyer of procarbine, King of solo aggro tri's, #1 SS world, and best support neogaf, declare Archie, bastard of house Tangangco, and Ballad, squire of house Reddit, to be traitors, liars, and enemies of dota-gaf.

They will be brought to justice, this I swear on the old gods (Loda, Burning, and Yaphets) and the new (EE-sama and Arteezy).

50 rares to the man that mutes them. 100 to the man who sends them to low pri. And 200 to the man who makes them quit dota.

Berna

Could be, that would make the timeline for translating strings a little less aggressively fast than Reddit believes.

You guys make me scared to post cool little bits of Dota news :(

There isn't any kind of pattern from Dota strings being available to translators to release. For example, Legion Commander's skills were available in dota_english for months (before the Three Spirits Update IIRC), while Earth and Ember skills, if I'm not mistaken, were only added near before/after their release.

There isn't any kind of pattern from Dota strings being available to translators to release. For example, Legion Commander's skills were available in dota_english for months (before the Three Spirits Update IIRC), while Earth and Ember skills, if I'm not mistaken, were only added near before/after their release.
Yea, Pit Lord has been up for awhile as well. He's even in the API and everything, probably the furthest we've had a hero since LC, and maybe even more finished than she was at release.

Just some stuff like a Spleen costume and more custom game mode stuff that is interesting, and some balance changes like Tusk snowball launch, Treant guise grace period and Shadow Demon's purge having charges which are new and something to at least discuss. The skill stuff is especially curious given that a balance change needs to happen soon, and the private beta (where balance changes are tested), has been on fire the last few weeks.

Basically, strings don't mean an update is imminent this week, but given other things it seems likely one is happening soon, maybe not this week, but probably before the end of May.

elyetis

Basically, strings don't mean an update is imminent this week, but given other things it seems likely one is happening soon, maybe not this week, but probably before the end of May.
3 month without update and people don't even feel safe to call for an update with a better expectation than 'in the next 4-5 weeks, probably, or not'. Call me entitled but I find that sad.

Top Bottom