• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

mfaex

The speculation due to leaks* is that there will be 4 qualifiers. NA/SA, EU/CIS, China, SEA/Australia/Korea.

e: Rather than leaks, I do mean mined data.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Alliance officially hitting rock bottom. Losing to Roxis of all team.

Time to root for EG instead.

Acinixys

400x400.resizedimage

Hoooooly shit

Nice piece of 2 ply for a shield bro

Nice 80s techno dress bro

Nice spaceship hat bro

How are you supposed to kill anything versus Dazzle and SD? Mirana with leap, Ember's remnants and Puck overall, must be really annoying. Especially with only Shaman and DK to provide lockdown.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hoooooly shit

Nice piece of 2 ply for a shield bro

Nice 80s techno dress bro

Nice spaceship hat bro

The shield likely looks better in game, and when not viewed at a 90 degree angle to the main face.

Stop hating on Silence Spirit people, he is very fashionable.

How are you supposed to kill anything versus Dazzle and SD? Mirana with leap, Ember's remnants and Puck overall, must be really annoying. Especially with only Shaman and DK to provide lockdown.

You pick Silencer and turn off the bass.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/624090612

Guys, guys. Fuck Windows. Why? Cus it only started an update just as Storm jumps into rosh to attempt an Aegis steal. I hear him, and my laptop shuts down. Scariest moment of my life (may or may not be exaggeration). Was like an hour into the game and I thought that would be game, cus before this I had been what won all of the important fights. I come back and find out my team won the following fight without me somehow, Sniper having got Aegis. And we'd been looking like we were gonna lose for 30 mins. I move onto a new computer lol, and come back and we end it. So fucking tense, but this is why I love Dota. I actually played simply decent at best compared to how I felt I should though. Was getting caught way too much and flustered in fights. I have the most kills though so imma claim the glory.

I'm WR so this makes sense.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The speculation due to leaks* is that there will be 4 qualifiers. NA/SA, EU/CIS, China, SEA/Australia/Korea.

e: Rather than leaks, I do mean mined data.

Speculation? Leaks? While these were things, It says so on the damn blog:
This year there will be 11 teams invited directly as well as four Regional Qualifiers taking place May 12th through the 25th. The winner of each Qualifier will receive an invitation, with the four runner-ups competing in Seattle for the final spot.
http://blog.dota2.com/2014/03/the-international-10/

Well I think it makes sense, you don't want games being biased in favour of one team due to ping issues. IIRC, it affected EG's performance in the TI qualifiers last year.

From that perspective, sure.

Speculation? Leaks? While these were things, It says so on the damn blog:

http://blog.dota2.com/2014/03/the-international-10/

Ugh, to run 4 different mini-tournaments? First of all, you have to field enough qualified teams to actually have them. That's like...at least 8 teams, no? So we're talking 32 teams (minimum) spread across the planet. That would make Compendiums a mess (at least 160 players, TI3 compendiums included teams that didn't get past the qualifiers like EG) and it would make watching quals a ridiculous time commitment (100+ matches). It will also unnecessarily prolong the qualifier stages. Oh well. Gotta reach the largest audience possible, I suppose.

mfaex

Oh yeah, while they haven't put it in black and white its pretty safe to say its just going to be Americas, Europe, China, SEA.

Then why cuss at me? Why can't we be friends?

So anyway, EU qualifier should be excellent.

what did ayesee just say on the stream? I only listened to the end of it, sounded like someone passed away

I didn't hear what was said on stream, but this happened:
https://twitter.com/ayesee/status/458999659428462592

What a day. Got from 4430 to 4505 MMR and had three amazing games.
First i snowballed out of control as Necro.
Then I supported pretty bad as Bane, but we still won and the game was fun.
Then I carried my team to victory on Luna.

Got 2 Godlikes today. Feels good man!

I finally seen it. Nobody done beliebe me, but I seen't it! The rare W/E invoker! I seen 'em!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/624242607

I like WE to be honest. Maxed W+E gives you the long deafening disarm and damage, the strongest meatball, the strongest Alacrity, the strongest EMP, and high movement speed. And of course, douchebag sunstrikes. Weak Cold Snap and short tornado are drawbacks, but hey...it's a game of tradeoffs with Invoker.

No idea how Lockless Luckboxes work.

Will they go up in value for TI4 or should I just sell them when I get them.
They are, and will only be, going down in price.

I guess in theory there is a possible future where they stop selling the clothes or stop bundling the lock boxes making the supply shrivel up and driving the price up with it, but I would doubt that happening and if it did it's nowhere near today.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No idea how Lockless Luckboxes work.

Will they go up in value for TI4 or should I just sell them when I get them.

They will likely keep going down in value. I expect a series 2 of the Luckboxes at TI4, but they will likely offload old stock from TI3 still.

The luckboxes are simply you open them, they give you a random item from like 10 possibilities. Its not a chest so you can just keep getting the same item multiple times if your luck sucks.

They will likely keep going down in value. I expect a series 2 of the Luckboxes at TI4, but they will likely offload old stock from TI3 still.

The luckboxes are simply you open them, they give you a random item from like 10 possibilities. Its not a chest so you can just keep getting the same item multiple times if your luck sucks.

I GOT THREE OF THOSE ALCH PRISON BRACERS ARGRGR (out of the 7 of these I've opened)

Why haven't they added the no dupes to those yet D:

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Top Bottom