• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
oh my god if zephyr gets an invite
it's going to happen
rpCSKcL.png

Randdalf

My predictions for TI teams.

Invited:
  • China: DK, iG, VG, LGD
  • Europe: Na`Vi, Alliance, Empire, Fnatic, C9
  • North America: EG
  • SEA: Titan

Qualifiers:
  • China: 1. Newbee, 2. CIS
  • Europe: 1. Team Dog, 2. RoX.KiS
  • North America: 1. Team Liquid, 2. Revenge
  • SEA: 1. Scythe, 2. Orange

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
China is getting more than 2 invites, and Revenge are going to need to slay some American teams to get in.

My predictions for TI teams.

Invited:
  • China: DK, iG, VG, LGD
  • Europe: Na`Vi, Alliance, Empire, Fnatic, C9
  • North America: EG
  • SEA: Titan

Qualifiers:
  • China: 1. Newbee, 2. CIS
  • Europe: 1. Team Dog, 2. RoX.KiS
  • North America: 1. Team Liquid, 2. Revenge
  • SEA: 1. Scythe, 2. Orange

This looks about right.

What's a good counter versus OD mid? Anything that's not an INT hero? Or are there specific counters to him? Aside from just ganking him of course.

Also, in what situations is picking Weaver a good idea? Teams with lacking lockdown? Same question with Mirana and OD.

I'm asking so many questions because I keep freezing up in All Pick and have no idea what to pick, even after knowing what the opponents picked.

Oh right, forgot that heroes that don't rely on mana to do well in lane can counter OD. Lone Druid terrifies me though, I'll need to practice him a bunch before I pick him for real.

Razzer

Venge is too fucking scary to play. I don't wanna swap anyone cus I'll just die and I don't know if you can kill them fast enough. Also #visionproblems.

Also guys I was thinking MoM BKB on PA yes or no? For a hero that needs to kill in the mid game it seems it would be appropriate. If they can't stun you and blur protects from some of the physical stuff the lifesteal should keep you alive, and I've tested the attack speed and it's absurd when you blink in, almost guaranteed crits.

Edit: Mid Sand King wrecks vs melee mids, it should happen more often.

FACE

Banned
Venge is too fucking scary to play. I don't wanna swap anyone cus I'll just die and I don't know if you can kill them fast enough. Also #visionproblems.

Also guys I was thinking MoM BKB on PA yes or no? For a hero that needs to kill in the mid game it seems it would be appropriate. If they can't stun you and blur protects from some of the physical stuff the lifesteal should keep you alive, and I've tested the attack speed and it's absurd when you blink in, almost guaranteed crits.

My main problem with Venge is that lvl1 swap is terrible.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope Valve realizes there is a ton of hype in the air and put something up on the blog. Give us some light on TI4, and a tease.

I hope Valve realizes there is a ton of hype in the air and put something up on the blog. Give us some light on TI4, and a tease.
Valve probably has another week or two before people pull out the ascii ghosts and raid car manufacturers. This is the sort of crackle in the air a couple weeks before Diretide boiled over

As Venge, if I can swap with an enemy carry I'll do it everytime, don't care if I die. Getting Blink or Force for that shitty level 1 swap is important(I like to get both).

Just had a game as Bane where we killed it in the early game(made a BS, CM, Bane aggro trilane work even though BS isn't great for it). Mid game suddenly Doom comes out of the jungle and kills us all. Feel responsible for letting it happen. Kind of hard to shut down a team with Puck, Invoker and 3 carries though late game.

I don't know if this is because I work in marketing and have for a few years or just me thinking out loud, but Volvo should totally work with Valve on some kind of promotion.

I'm thinking a Volvo painted like Axe being given away at TI4 to someone in the audience. It would be good for Volvo to try and appeal to a demographic they don't normally appeal to, and Valve gets to give away a car at their tournament. And it would make everyone look like good sports after last year's issues.

Ketch

Finished my 10 calibration matches and I came in at 2550 mmr. I lost like almost all my games, and I've only got like 280 matches total anyway, so I'm not terribly upset.... but if it weren't for my shitty teammates from other countries always holding me back I'd be 5k already. This game is bullshit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ready to go postal on this thread.

When I'm done, I'll arrange the corpses on the street so it spells 6.81.

DRKIRBY BASICALLY CONFIRMED A PATCH ON MAY 1 AT REDDIT

GET HYPED YA'LL

I mean, his theory is pretty sound. It's an international holiday (except the US I guess, I still have work lol), lots of sets from various regions being uploaded by their respective rep from that region, loads of strings being pre-translated, so the update is international.

I think he may be on to something.

Otherwise
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Look at this fucking ballad trying to fucking deflect onto fucking Kirbs.

WHAT a scumbag.

Calidor

my own classic WC3 Dota mod is coming along... currently I've achieved:

- Dota1 loading screen
- Dota1 music
- some dota1 sounds (tp, night/day, bkb, mom, and a few others)
- night elf hud
- original hero names on selection screen / minimap
- original hero portraits
right now i'm working on porting the dota 1 hero voice lines ( I have mirana done, but it's a lot of work)

LTilBvj.jpg

Top Bottom