• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Kalnos

Banned
Another horrible loss in ranked. Had to pick support because everyone else rushed carry/semicarry

I tried so hard and got so far but in the end it didn't even matter

"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for."

5 carry wooo

Hylian7

Something I've learned and should apply more lately (others that have trouble in solo queue should apply this too): Sometimes your team is wrong. If they are and are insistent upon their opinion, mute them.

For those watching my stream earlier, I did that in the Tinker match. Pretty much all of my team was giving me shit for going Laser-March and farming BoTs instead of ganking. Guess what? We won, and still would have won even if the enemy Viper didn't abandon. Having that early BoTs (while slightly delayed due to a wild Double Damage Slark appearing), helped us midgame the other team because I could pretty much rotate into a fight on a time. Especially since we had a Brewmaster, any time he split, I always had something to BoTs to.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/624509872

The first 10 minutes of the game when I said I wasn't going to gank when they asked, they were like "Why do you even pick Tinker if you don't know how to play him?" I tried to argue with them for a bit, realized there was no point, and just muted them, and unmuted them once I had my Sheepstick up.

Lotto

support WK is legit

kmlY2Pt.jpg

http://dotabuff.com/matches/622981837

good item

Madouu

I'd argue that dagger is core on carry wraith king just the same. The current popular build is blink>blade mail>mjolnir and it's really good.

The first 10 minutes of the game when I said I wasn't going to gank when they asked, they were like "Why do you even pick Tinker if you don't know how to play him?" I tried to argue with them for a bit, realized there was no point, and just muted them, and unmuted them once I had my Sheepstick up.

Once in a while, you get a bunch of dumbasses that trash talk you even when you are clearly carrying them , it's part of the dota experience. Muting is the right move if they get on your nerves.

Is 6.81 out yet guys

See you after ti4.

Lotto

I'd argue that dagger is core on carry wraith king just the same. The current popular build is blink>blade mail>mjolnir and it's really good.

Mjollnir and Blink are just really good items this patch. I'll try that next time. Blink is really fun on him though, the cooldown on wraithfire blast is so low that I usually get off a good 2 or 3 stuns before a team fight is actually over.

Madouu

Mjollnir and Blink are just really good items this patch. I'll try that next time. Blink is really fun on him though, the cooldown on wraithfire blast is so low that I usually get off a good 2 or 3 stuns before a team fight is actually over.

yeah he can use the mobility it gives to a great extent, the stun is really good. No more getting kited around in teamfights, not to mention that you can blink out after using your ulti.

Chris R

http://dotabuff.com/matches/624733979

CRAZY game.

Ran out of ideas on what to buy :( went AC since I was dying too damn quick since they started to focus me in team fights after I got my radiance.

And what happened to the faster than 522 BS? I was being run down by Slardar, but Thirst helped our Invoker land 5 or 6 strikes in the fog :D

bounchfx

Hey guys, so Valve said we needed to make everything public regarding the ESL items so I made a collection page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252287150

Feel free to vote on it or any items you like, I'm just happy to have it finished. A bit confused and miffed about Valve's apparent double standards regarding tournament submissions but c'est la vie. Excited to have it out there, I'm proud of what we've done.

So much more work to do, you guys ain't seen nothing yet. And I just want to play more doto :( haha.

ViviOggi

Hey guys, so Valve said we needed to make everything public regarding the ESL items so I made a collection page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252287150

Feel free to vote on it or any items you like, I'm just happy to have it finished. A bit confused and miffed about Valve's apparent double standards regarding tournament submissions but c'est la vie. Excited to have it out there, I'm proud of what we've done.

So much more work to do, you guys ain't seen nothing yet. And I just want to play more doto :( haha.

Good stuff, that Naix set looks slick.
Licker set next pls

Mordeccai

Oh god, I just laned against a WK mid as sniper.

After being harassed to death and denied to hell, he starts raging in all chat. Refuses to let Bane swap him middle.

10 minutes level 5 WK, blink dagger MoM sniper 15 min gg.

Wok

I never understand which set of spells I can choose from in Ability Draft. It seems the team on top starts with common spells and the team at the bottom starts with the ultimate spells. Then sometimes I cannot select the common spell which I want. I there a visual hint or something to help understand what is going on?

Aaron

I never understand which set of spells I can choose from in Ability Draft. It seems the team on top starts with common spells and the team at the bottom starts with the ultimate spells. Then sometimes I cannot select the common spell which I want. I there a visual hint or something to help understand what is going on?
You can select any spell you want that hasn't already been chosen when it's your turn. When a spell has been chosen, it goes dark. Because the turns are quick, make sure to have a second or third spell in mind when choosing.

G.ZZZ

Some 6.81 spoilers:

Huskar flaming spears are not an orb anymore
Ursa lvl 3 enrage is now permanent
Xmts cast animation removed
Tusk +10 base movement speed
Crow don't refill bottle anymore
Now a second rune always spawn on the opposite side of normal rune: Clearwater Rune , has the effect of a bottle charge, or refill your bottle by 1 charge. This rune don't stop the normal runes from spawning at 2x time.
Terrorblade agi growth reduced from 3.25 to 2.25 (make him a mistake carry, not lategame one)
Lycan wolves now have 250hp at all levels (faster jungle, but harder to solo Rosh)
Naga song of the siren mana cost increased from 100 to 100/200/300
Wraith King Mortal strike reworked: 15% chance to deal 10/15/20/25% of the target current hp as physical damage (make him better as a semi-supp). Instantly kill non-hero, non-ancient units
Lina fiery soul now give 10/15/20/25 agility per stack instead of attack speed
Shrapnel cd decreased from 15 to 10
Ogre magi movement speed increased by 5
barathrum aura now also increase attack speed by the same amount
WD cask mana cost now fixed at 120
Viper's poison attack is not an orb anymore
Zeus aghs upgrade now make his ulti strike twice instead of increasing damage (2 seconds between first and second strike)
Skywrath mage agility growth increased to 2
Razor str growth increased from 1.8 to 2.5
Juggernaut blade dance reworked: reduce bat to 1.45/1.4/1.35/1.3
Drow's Markmanship aoe trigger from 375 to 375/275/175
Spectre's dispersion now deal increased damage below 300 distance instead of reflecting max 100% absorbed damage(formula is absorbed damage x (130-distance/10), so 110% at 200 range, 120% at 100 range etc).
Undying tombstone now require 3/4/5/6 hits to be destroyed
Riki permanent invisibility also grant him a 50/75/100 bonus damage when breaking invisibility with an attack
Phantom assassin stifling dagger cooldown decreased to 5s
Omniknight's Purification heal rescaled to 120/200/280/360 (better at lvl1-2-3)
Abaddon's Borrowed time now let him use life instead of mana for his spells (so he get healed and don't use mana during ulti)
Legion Commander OO cast range increased to 1100, added 1.5 sec delay from cast
Ember spirit sof cooldown rescaled to 18/14/10/6, mana cost increased to 90
Ember spirit flame guard mana cost rescaled to constant 90
broodmother don't lose pathing anymore when revealed
Medusa mystic snake damage changed to pure always, not only against stoned targets

Items:
Stout shield cost decreased to 225g
Quelling blade cost decreased to 215g
Clarity potion now heal 100 mana in 25s (changes to help melee laners after bottlecrow removal)
Phase boots bonus damage decreased to 22
Atos now cast purge instead of cripple. Cooldown increased to 25, purge removed from diffusal blade
Diffusal blade now has soul strike instead of purge: blink strike with 15 s cd, 700 range and 50/75 bonus mana burn on attack. Diffusal recipe cost lowered to 550
one ring of regen removed from hood recipe, bonuses unchanged
Vanguard now uses Pms as a component instead of stout, bonuses changed to 6 agi, 6 hp regen, 250 hp and 100% chance to block 20 damage
Veil now has an amplify magic aura instead of the active that increase all magic damage in 900 radius by 20%
Dagon has now only 4 levels, and start from lvl 2
Soul booster now passively decrease your respawn timer by 20
Removed buyback from the game: added instead aegis of the immortal to the shop. Its cost is the same as old buyback (basically buyback is now to be used offensively instead of defensively), and until you have it in your inventory, you don't gain passive gold. You can't drop it. The cooldown on the item is 6 minutes, and you can't have more than one.
Hand of Midas attack speed bonus increased to 40, bonus experience decreased to 2x
Jjango bonus agility decreased from 9 to 3, gold recipe cost decreased to 650.
Orb of venom and eye of skadi are no longer orbs
EoS slow reworked: slow by 25% for 4 s (2 on ranged) and deal 25 damage per second (more attacks refresh the duration but the dot don't stack). Ranged skadi don't pierce magic immunity
Sange maim is now an aura that slow attack speed and movement speed by 16%, has 250 radius (350 on greater maim aura)
Sentry wards cost decreased to 160g
Dust now also reveal an 800 aoe with flying vision around you for 5 s when used
Blink cooldown decreased to 10
Blink now goes in cooldown when you're damaged (gg puck)
Lothar's Edge bonus damage increased to 30
Mkb true strike now work on buildings
Urn of shadow mana regen increased to 60%
Medallion of courage mana regen increased to 60%
Blademail now use 2 mantles instead of a robe of the magi, bonuses unchanged (so cost 150 less)
Chainmwil cost decreased to 500 (so ac, buckler, medallion and blademail cost 50 less)
Armlet active reworked: give +25 strenght and engulf you in flames, dealing 40 damage per second as magic damage to you and all enemies in 300 radius. This damage can't kill you.
Magic stick cost increased to 215g
Magic wand now give +4 all stats

Yeah I'm at work and everyone's on vacation

Conceptor

kionedrik

Thanks guys! I always thought BF was core on him and ags was luxury but it seems I was wrong. Deso is a no-brainer later because you can lower the entire enemy team armor to ridiculous amounts with your ulti.

Also, while we're at it, what about PA? Should I also go drums on her before BF, or just pick an ogre club and use it later to build a BKB?

Razzer

Thanks guys! I always thought BF was core on him and ags was luxury but it seems I was wrong. Deso is a no-brainer later because you can lower the entire enemy team armor to ridiculous amounts with your ulti.

Also, while we're at it, what about PA? Should I also go drums on her before BF, or just pick an ogre club and use it later to build a BKB?

No Battlefury on her either. Get BKB after phase if you wanna fight (you should), helm of dom if you wanna farm a bit more. But BKB HoD and Basher should be your first three items. I've been thinking of replacing HoD with MoM though.

kvk1

DotaCinema consistently has the best music in the background of their videos:

http://youtu.be/ycgPtaualPg

I've discovered so many artists/songs through their Symphony of Skills series.

(And they're great to listen to in your own games, pretending to own while actually feeding.)

Top Bottom