• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Artanisix

w7NwkCA.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has tried to remake that HUD.

Not like the people who try to port that one wholesale to the Workshop, but actually remake it in a way that's actually acceptable and different enough but still nostalgic.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, don't kill Ned yet. You can only do it after we find out if there is custom game modes in the May Day Update.

shira

my own classic WC3 Dota mod is coming along... currently I've achieved:

- Dota1 loading screen
- Dota1 music
- some dota1 sounds (tp, night/day, bkb, mom, and a few others)
- night elf hud
- original hero names on selection screen / minimap
- original hero portraits
right now i'm working on porting the dota 1 hero voice lines ( I have mirana done, but it's a lot of work)

LTilBvj.jpg
Nice!
Buriza > Daedalus

Randdalf

Why is Morphling not played as a support more often? Adaptive Strike when morphed strength is one of the best stuns in the game, he's tanky for a support when morphed strength, and Replicate lets you clone your hard carry in fights (-50% damage). Waveform and Replicate also make him a good counter ganker - an important duty to fulfill as a support in the current meta. I think you build him like Naga support i.e. Arcanes, Medallion, Urn, Halberd...

I should probably give it a go after I finish my dissertation in a few weeks.

I'm so goddamn pissed off. We have to defend our base, Alch goes out on an adventure to take down a tier 2 and dies. Enemy team tries to push our T3, we defend succesfully and Alch for some reason thinks it's necessary to buyback, dies in a teamfight, can't buyback while they actually get our rax. Fine.

Skip ahead, Alch and Invoker gank SF, cool but enemy team is pushing in for bot rax. Invoker tp's but Alch thinks he can base race by himself(we brought down only one T2 and that's it) while CM, Abbadon, Invoker and Tusk defend the extremely fed Ursa and his pals. We die, Alch takes down a T2 while they take our rax and hits the T3 a bunch while they take the throne, he NEVER came back. Good Fucking Game. We won every single 5v5 but apparently that wasn't Alch's thing. We could've won if not for his stupidity.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Would have uninstalled were I on the radiant side of this.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/624522949

We were getting stomped all game. They got greedy and tried to go for megas over just finishing the game so we took our Lycan, marched straight down the mid lane and beat the crap out of their throne. I dunno if they thought Phoenix was sufficient to defend the base while they were lollygagging, but he was not.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I have put the dev.dota2 patch anticipation station at full hype train speeds. If this doesn't happen I am so dead.

If it does happen, I can put it next to my "Leaked TF2 going F2P" trophy.

Quesa

smurf acct validated: was afraid of clock since a) landing skillshots is crucial to win fights and b) cogs can fuck over teammates, but now I'm getting the hang of him and regret not playing more of him earlier. And I taught a newbie the basics of warding to boot!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I dunno, I think the statute of limitations has run out on that one

Playing support in solo ranked is so miserable. How do we lose against four hard carry team in 33 minutes...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, the book is 18 years old now, and that happened like 3 or 4 years ago on the show. While its a big plot twist, and I didn't realize it was going to happen when I read the book a year ago, I think the statute of limitations is in fact up. Its not like its the ending or anything, its pretty early on all things considered.

spk

Toby Dawson @TobiWanDOTA · 11h
For people wondering about the @ESL One ticket and a lot of other tickets they are meant to come in the patch this week (here by friday)

so one this week and the big one next?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Toby Dawson @TobiWanDOTA · 11h
For people wondering about the @ESL One ticket and a lot of other tickets they are meant to come in the patch this week (here by friday)

so one this week and the big one next?

hey fucker i just posted that like 4 minutes ago

(nobody knows)

Kalnos

Banned
Yeah, the book is 18 years old now, and that happened like 3 or 4 years ago on the show. While its a big plot twist, and I didn't realize it was going to happen when I read the book a year ago, I think the statute of limitations is in fact up. Its not like its the ending or anything, its pretty early on all things considered.

The shit happening on the show right now is 14 years old but people will still flip the fuck out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I didn't realize BZM has his own team brand name now.

Trasher

I dunno, I think the statute of limitations has run out on that one

Playing support in solo ranked is so miserable. How do we lose against four hard carry team in 33 minutes...

Yeah you both whiffed on the joke.

Trasher

I have never seen the show so I miss a ton of jokes about GoT, they emphasis different things in the show I guess.

So, which happens first. Techies or The Winds of Winter

I don't appreciate pictures of my death being posted all over. JEEZE.

At this rate: NEITHER.

Ketch

Ok here's my prediction.

The patch comes soon. Maybe may 1st. It'll be TI branded, and include techies and pitlord, SF remake. Kind of like the three spirits except TI and explosions and demons and shit.

Last two updates were two heroes each right?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ok here's my prediction.

The patch comes soon. Maybe may 1st. It'll be TI branded, and include techies and pitlord, SF remake. Kind of like the three spirits except TI and explosions and demons and shit.

Last two updates were two heroes each right?

Nope. It was Terror and Phoenix yeah, but then Legion was solo before that, and then the Three Spirits

BHK3

Banned
right now i'm working on porting the dota 1 hero voice lines ( I have mirana done, but it's a lot of work)

But each hero only had like 10 lines...plus weren't most just animals that simply made animal noises?

Why is everyone out to kill kirby and ballad anyway? What have they predicted before?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Another horrible loss in ranked. Had to pick support because everyone else rushed carry/semicarry

I tried so hard and got so far but in the end it didn't even matter

Top Bottom