• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

elyetis

Why is Morphling not played as a support more often? Adaptive Strike when morphed strength is one of the best stuns in the game, he's tanky for a support when morphed strength, and Replicate lets you clone your hard carry in fights (-50% damage). Waveform and Replicate also make him a good counter ganker - an important duty to fulfill as a support in the current meta. I think you build him like Naga support i.e. Arcanes, Medallion, Urn, Halberd...

I should probably give it a go after I finish my dissertation in a few weeks.
Every time I want to try it, my friends insult me just for even thinking about it. :'(
But I still want to try morph support with a phantom lancer, for ultimate rat dota ( well if the Replicate does keep Juxtapose, but it should ).

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hey, I said by the end of May.

I wonder if Dreamleague will have to go through the workshop for their items. They're so late, another week or two on the workshop would kill them.

Last I saw, they said the Pudge item was already submitted (could never find it) and Invoker was almost done. Like a week ago probably.

Mohasus

The only thing I want in 6.81
- Neutral camps removed from ability draft.

I don't even know why people try it, it is an instant loss. You gonna leave someone solo agaisnt 2 nukers, yeahhh and it's probably a slow jungle like feast or ion shell.

elyetis

I don't even know why people try it, it is an instant loss. You gonna leave someone solo agaisnt 2 nukers, yeahhh and it's probably a slow jungle like feast or ion shell.
So much things to do about ablity draft, yet I bet it will be pretty much left to die in it's current state ( + probably some new hero added to the pool ). No chat, no way to advise a skill to pick, and we also should be able to pick our hero ( between the 10 hero ) but in the opposite order from skill pick order. ( so the last one picking it's skill would at least have the advantage of being first pick when it comes to the hero )

Randdalf

Every time I want to try it, my friends insult me just for even thinking about it. :'(
But I still want to try morph support with a phantom lancer, for ultimate rat dota ( well if the Replicate does keep Juxtapose, but it should ).

The weakness in it is that Adaptive Strike is not that good until level 2, but once you reach level 5 if you skill 1-3-1 then you have a 2.25s stun on 10 second cooldown that costs 100 mana, and you have enough mana for three Adaptive Strikes or one Adaptive Strike plus a Waveform. He definitely doesn't have as good an early (early) game as most supports, I think he needs at least level 3 before he can effectively gank mid whereas most can go at level 2.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
6.81 yet? or..

J7AgTlH.png

Hylian7

Not the best time to realize I actually could have gone to TI4. :(

But Tinker with Rearm and Demonic Conversion is so ridiculously good. Infinite Enigmites!

shira

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/27539-rumour-rebirth-of-the-chinese-dream-team

China hater.

A Korean team won't be given a direct invite. You'd be pretty crazy to think so.

My predictions for TI teams.

Invited:
  • China: DK, iG, VG, LGD
  • Europe: Na`Vi, Alliance, Empire, Fnatic, C9
  • North America: EG
  • SEA: Titan

Qualifiers:
  • China: 1. Newbee, 2. CIS
  • Europe: 1. Team Dog, 2. RoX.KiS
  • North America: 1. Team Liquid, 2. Revenge
  • SEA: 1. Scythe, 2. Orange

Looks like China is not getting 4 invites

China: DK, VG
Europe: Na`Vi, Alliance, Empire, Fnatic, C9
North America: EG

Everyone seems certain about these 8
So those contenders for 9th, 10th and 11th slots are:

rox, dog, zephyr, noob, ig, lgd, revenge, titan

I'd honestly take zephyr and revenge so that it is truly "International". Those Chinese teams done fucked up, although LGD getting Ferrari as their carry might be nice.

Tobe

Yeah revenge is invited to the TI qualifiers, got confirmation of it last week when asking them if they were going.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It makes me mad that Battlefury is the third most built item on Bounty Hunter. What would it take to get Valve to edit some of the default suggested items that don't make any sense within the meta? If I have one more pub Gondar try to muscle an actual hard carry on our team out of safe farm, or not start ganking at level 6 instead of AFK farming I'm going to cry.

SamVimes

It makes me mad that Battlefury is the third most built item on Bounty Hunter. What would it take to get Valve to edit some of the default suggested items that don't make any sense within the meta? If I have one more pub Gondar try to muscle an actual hard carry on our team out of safe farm, or not start ganking at level 6 instead of AFK farming I'm going to cry.

Bounty Hunter with Battlefury is the shit in uncoordinated games. The "hardcore" community hates it because it's awful in pro games, but you can clearly see that the hero has 45% winrate in pubs and 55% when he builds battlefury.

iamblades

Bounty Hunter with Battlefury is the shit in uncoordinated games. The "hardcore" community hates it because it's awful in pro games, but you can clearly see that the hero has 45% winrate in pubs and 55% when he builds battlefury.

55% win rate for a major high dollar item like a battlefury is shit, cause it doesn't account for all the games where someone was planning on going battlefury and got shit on hard so ended up never finishing anything, Aside from Necro 2, Battlefury has the lowest win rate for items over 3000 gold.

Desolator, the typical first core item on BH after urn/drums/medallion, has a 62% win rate, is cheaper, and provides more utility in the early-mid game on a hero that isn't going to be spending a large amount of time farming creeps.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I don't buy the correlation of items to winrate. Expensive, superfluous items have high winrate in pubs because if you can afford them you're probably already stomping and the win is assured.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Personally, I would go Deso first and then grab a BF later on if there is a need for push.

LiQuid!

I have a 100% winrate on Bounty Hunter with a Dagon 5, clearly it should be added to the suggested core.

Top Bottom