• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

support WK is legit

kmlY2Pt.jpg

http://dotabuff.com/matches/622981837

good item

Blink is super good on WK. Honestly I think WK is a good hero, but he really needs a movement speed buff. He's too damn slow.

Razzer

I feel like PL needs some way to sustain himself, and there isn't anything that works that great these days. It used to be Tranquils but that doesn't work anymore. Unless you constantly ship salves out to you you can't farm jungle until way later than I would like. Comfortably anyway. If he was given a buff to his skillset that gave him sustain I think he would actually be a somewhat decent carry again. But adding a self heal onto any of skills would seem awkward so I don't know where I'd put it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Come on, it is end of April, the best teams do not want to show their best strategies so close to the TI4. I am sure they have some nice tricks which will be only visible at the International.

I hope this is sarcasm, because then the "best teams" would be flushing close to $300,000 down the toilet to save their "nice tricks" that could be completely invalidated once 6.81 hits (assuming it hits before TI, which it really should...).

Milk is advocating early vlads for pushing power on the creeps. +15% early is trash by itself (congrats you do an extra 10 damage) not to mention the illusions only do 25% of the total anyway. I'm not saying vanguard is a good choice either, just that you were advocating vlads as a sustain item, which early game vanguard will do better at.

Buy it after your cores if you want it. Or just leave it to a support so you can farm real carry items and still get the auras.

The vlads is both for split push and sustain. Since tranquils isn't really viable on PL anymore, PL needs a way to sustain his laning, jungling, and to keep up his mana. Vlads is a solid answer to all three.

Milk is advocating early vlads for pushing power on the creeps. +15% early is trash by itself (congrats you do an extra 10 damage) not to mention the illusions only do 25% of the total anyway. I'm not saying vanguard is a good choice either, just that you were advocating vlads as a sustain item, which early game vanguard will do better at.

Buy it after your cores if you want it. Or just leave it to a support so you can farm real carry items and still get the auras.

Define "core" items in the context of this coversation. Vlads on PL is really good in under 15 or so minutes.

I love that the Pudges name is Eternal_Gank given what you just said. Also, Pudge actually scales pretty well if he's involved in lot's of kills thanks to flesh heap. You aren't going to be doing tons of right-click damage but you'll be hella tanky with lots of stacks.

That's a big IF. If he's not, he's falling behind, as I said. It's never a good plan to forget to farm in between looking for kills because of those kills don't come, you quickly make yourself useless.

eBlade Pudge might be a bit much for someone just learning how to Pudge effectively. But undoubtedly worth watching to see how and when he chooses his victims and when he chooses to farm. In this case, almost 100cs in <30 minutes on a Pudge who probably did his fair share of roaming. That's how it should look.

Razzer

That's a big IF. If he's not, he's falling behind, as I said. It's never a good plan to forget to farm in between looking for kills because of those kills don't come, you quickly make yourself useless.

Oh for sure. But he's not gonna be farming all game, so if it goes past 40 mins I'd say 15 stacks at least isn't unreasonable.

Karakand

It makes me mad that Battlefury is the third most built item on Bounty Hunter. What would it take to get Valve to edit some of the default suggested items that don't make any sense within the meta? If I have one more pub Gondar try to muscle an actual hard carry on our team out of safe farm, or not start ganking at level 6 instead of AFK farming I'm going to cry.

I'll never forget the time a Bounty Hunter took safe lane (AND JUNGLE) farm to get the OP ownage that is Battlefury while the Anti-Mage on the team was forced to offlane. Anti-Mage had more kills < 10 minutes of game time. (IIRC Bounty had NO kills in this period of the game.)

Demoli

After 3 bad games just said fuck it and picked a hero i know how to play straight away.

Went better than waiting to see which position needed filling/for the enemy not to counterpick.

Wok

eBlade Pudge might be a bit much for someone just learning how to Pudge effectively. But undoubtedly worth watching to see how and when he chooses his victims and when he chooses to farm. In this case, almost 100cs in <30 minutes on a Pudge who probably did his fair share of roaming. That's how it should look.

The roaming is really efficient (4 kills between 6:00 and 8:00, one bottom, one mid, two tops). I appreciate the use of smoke of deceit and the rune control. The replay is worth a watch.

I hope this is sarcasm, because then the "best teams" would be flushing close to $300,000 down the toilet to save their "nice tricks" that could be completely invalidated once 6.81 hits (assuming it hits before TI, which it really should...).

Strategy-wise, you do your best but you keep secret your newest tricks.

Razzer

Ok Milk, Anbokr etc, how's this. Give PL an extra 5 hp regen for every point of Phantom Edge.

I have no idea what numbers are appropriate so that may be wildly OP or do nothing at all, but the principle of more regen with points in ult is the main thing. Would this allow him to go straight for his diffusal giving him better early/mid game?

Ok Milk, Anbokr etc, how's this. Give PL an extra 5 hp regen for every point of Phantom Edge.

I have no idea what numbers are appropriate so that may be wildly OP or do nothing at all, but the principle of more regen with points in ult is the main thing. Would this allow him to go straight for his diffusal giving him better early/mid game?

Maybe something like that could be traded for his magic resistance.

Satch

Banned
wb

Win any tonker games in your exile?

i played windrunner(w) earthshaker(L) and sand king (w) and that was it

i havent played tinker in a while but apparently hes my most successful hero now in the dota client above PA and Ursa

i guess it counts bots???

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Sand King is the best right now. That mana free blink dagger makes him so mobile and fun to play.

Randdalf

lawd im free

also sand king is the shit how come nobody talks about him in here

How I play Sand King: boots, 2 branches and a clarity at level 1, go get first blood on the offlane hero (works surprisingly often). Go gank mid, skill Sandstorm to level 2. Go stack the hard camp and when there's a suitable number of stacks use Sandstorm to farm it. Then repeat. Always manage to get Arcanes and Blink Dagger quickly using this.

Ketch

Why are they so secretive?

How about "We're working on the next update, we hope to have it out before X day, no promises though because Y reasons"

Would it be overpowered for Undying's Scepter to give his zombies whatever attack modifiers he has? His Scepter upgrade is pointless right now, but I was thinking of how cool Skadi Zombies would be. Or Desolator lol.

It sounds stupid broken, but Undying is awful at farming, and is a support, so the chances of him getting more than 1 major modifier before scepter, or even a scepter at all is fairly low.

Ketch

what hero should I play in solo ranked? mmr 2500? I played like 11 games of mirana so far, not sure if I should keep going on her or switch it up to something else.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Strategy-wise, you do your best but you keep secret your newest tricks.

Yeah if you're playing scrims or for $100. Not for $300,000 and not when you're expecting a new patch that will, in all likelihood, mess with your old strats and bring about the potential for new ones.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

How about "We're working on the next update, we hope to have it out before X day, no promises though because Y reasons"

Silence causes fewer issues then talking about it and having to go back on what you've said in the past.

kvk1

GD not making an announcement about TI4, because "they can't" yet.

I love these guys, but most of their work for the past year has been so half baked.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haven't watched Brad play in a long time, but why is he so keen on playing carries? He uh, never seemed to do well when I watched.

He's pretty terrible at both last hitting and knowing when to go in. Playing heroes that basically just have to right click to victory seems like a noob staple in Dota tho.

Randdalf

Because we know they're working on the next update implicitly, and because of Valve's reputation for delivering stuff late. They got themselves into such a pickle with Half-Life 2 that it's no wonder they're pensive about communicating stuff when they don't know it will be ready. Plus, it has a much higher impact if they reveal everything at once out of nowhere.

Top Bottom