• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Really? I disagree, I think S4 would work in a lot of teams, he just needs a high impact mid to either take over games or take significant pressure off of the carry. I don't see a lot of games in which he's dependant on his team to win or do well.
That's not what I mean. I think s4's best plays come from leading his team into fights. Playing a high impact mid is not just a matter of being good, but also having very high levels of teamwork and coordination with one's team. Alliance has a unity that a lot of other teams lack, which is why they're doing okay despite slipping in individual play.

Randdalf

That's not what I mean. I think s4's best plays come from leading his team into fights. Playing a high impact mid is not just a matter of being good, but also having very high levels of teamwork and coordinationwith one's team. Alliance has a unity that a lot of other teams lack, which is why they're doing okay despite slipping in individual play.

I also think Alliance are still living in 6.78 sometimes, their drafting feels as though it's still behind the current metagame and they always seem to be caught by surprise playing against teams like EG and C9.

I'm going to find the old quotes trying to justify Alliance's level of play when they flopped out of successive lans.

"lol its a new patch"

"they cant be bothered, they just won the international"

Like I said, they're Greece 2004.

Randdalf

I'm going to find the old quotes trying to justify Alliance's level of play when they flopped out of successive lans.

"lol its a new patch"

Greece weren't obliterating nearly every team that played them for months before the Euros.

Haly

If nothing else, a new patch means the playing field will be even with regards to strategy, which means Alliance has another chance to cheese their way to another million dollars.

It's like the difference between a Magic player who wins through consistency, and one who wins by staying ahead of the meta.

That's not what I mean. I think s4's best plays come from leading his team into fights. Playing a high impact mid is not just a matter of being good, but also having very high levels of teamwork and coordination with one's team. Alliance has a unity that a lot of other teams lack, which is why they're doing okay despite slipping in individual play.
Oh I get you, I agree with this. Also agreed with what Randdalf said, their drafting isn't great(which is odd since I thought S4 was the best drafter in TI3), and I keep sensing that they haven't practiced enough in this patch, thus the constant errors.

"lol its a new patch"

Wut? that's a bad comparison, Greece wasn't ever good, they got lucky as fuck with shitty football. Also don't compare Dota to sports, basketball doesn't get patches that make Lebron suddenly obsolete.

Haly

I think Loda's heading the draft these days?

I wish Valve would show which player is captain on the observer draft screen.

Lotto

lawd im free

also sand king is the shit how come nobody talks about him in here

He's super good right now. I recently had an awful early game where it looked like we were out of it (15k gold swing in favor of the other team), but we were able to swing it back in our favor and eventually won the game. They tried to slow siege us but we were able to pick off and defend our base pretty well. I definitely could have done a lot better but I still like to think that some of my epicenters in that game helped secure our victory. Blink dagger is love this patch.

E17Tr2P.jpg

http://dotabuff.com/matches/624551354

Also, calling people rabbits is a new insult I haven't heard yet.

shira

Thanks Cyborgmatt, got my shag plush

+ $400 fraud charges.

Had to cancel my credit cards. Welovefine/heartbleed really sucks.

Hylian7

Oh I get you, I agree with this. Also agreed with what Randdalf said, their drafting isn't great(which is odd since I thought S4 was the best drafter in TI3), and I keep sensing that they haven't practiced enough in this patch, thus the constant errors.

Wut? that's a bad comparison, Greece wasn't ever good, they got lucky as fuck with shitty football. Also don't compare Dota to sports, basketball doesn't get patches that make Lebron suddenly obsolete.
Actually they nerfed 3 pointers to 2.5 pointers. Now it is a foul bait free throw meta and it is just one Lebron isn't strong in. Maybe next patch he will be stronger.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Been having ping and lag problems in Dota 2 and after playing some other games i came to the conclusion its not only Dota 2 i have internet problems with so maybe its my PC or my internet connection. Anyway i decided to reinstall Windows 7 and hope for the best.

Haly

Navi is notorious for not giving a shit until The International.

Other teams have less of an excuse.
Legit. Any team that has gone top 2 three years in a row at world championships deserves the right to fuck around however they want.

"lol its a new patch"

Their strongest asset at TI was Bulldogs ability to disrupt the opponents safe-lane/jungle then go on to snowball himself. That was patched out and rendered arguably the best offlaner in the world into a middling player because the play-style he always focused on was made to be to no longer viable.

How was it not due to the patch changes?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Navi is notorious for not giving a shit until The International.

Other teams have less of an excuse.
Will ee sama show mercy at ti4? Will fear give teams a reason to do more then just sit on rtz? Can empire keep it together for a few more months? Will a korea get to even set foot in the us (second place in the qualifiers at least gives you a flight)

Madouu

Will ee sama show mercy at ti4? Will fear give teams a reason to do more then just sit on rtz? Can empire keep it together for a few more months? Will a korea get to even set foot in the us (second place in the qualifiers at least gives you a flight)

Will Zephyr win ti4

Artanisix

Will a patch come out within the next week? Will Ned and Kirby have their heads on spikes? Will we get Techies?

Their strongest asset at TI was Bulldogs ability to disrupt the opponents safe-lane/jungle then go on to snowball himself. That was patched out and rendered arguably the best offlaner in the world into a middling player because the play-style he always focused on was made to be to no longer viable.

It was their shorthand way of saying that they will figure the new patch out and that the results shouldn't really be taken seriousl ie it wasn't indicative of anything.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Didn't realize the ability to offlane was patched out of the game.

Mohasus

1.09, why do you say PL is fine? Everyone always tells me he's trash.

There is a difference between competitive trash and pub trash. I still rek with anti-mage.

ipEl7ccPNJSdI.jpg

Pubbers don't know how to push so they fuck my luna win ratio. so i abuse this with AM and farming all day and ez wins.

PS: haly, I'm your fan, seriously. Your posts on off-topic are awesome.

Haly

Sweet, I have fanboys now.

Time to start a stream.

Top Bottom