• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Acinixys

It makes me mad that Battlefury is the third most built item on Bounty Hunter. What would it take to get Valve to edit some of the default suggested items that don't make any sense within the meta? If I have one more pub Gondar try to muscle an actual hard carry on our team out of safe farm, or not start ganking at level 6 instead of AFK farming I'm going to cry.

I agree 100%. Bounty Hunter/Juggernaught/PAs that go BF 1st item hurt my soul

Maybe in 2018 when all heros are in CM we will get this fixed

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Silence causes fewer issues then talking about it and having to go back on what you've said in the past.

That's been their line for years but it's been pretty thoroughly disproven by the way the community has reacted to Valve between 3 Spirits and now. Now they're suddenly silent again.

BmAgUHaCQAAPj-7.jpg:large

ACE 1991

So how do you keep yourselves coming back to the game when you only have time to solo queue? I'm so sick of mean-spirited non-english speakers. It makes the game a horrible experience through and through.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So how do you keep yourselves coming back to the game when you only have time to solo queue? I'm so sick of mean-spirited non-english speakers. It makes the game a horrible experience through and through.

I find most of the language issues occur when I play All pick. It's much better for some reason in RD

does c9 not care at all about esl or what

whats the format on this

The vlads is both for split push and sustain. Since tranquils isn't really viable on PL anymore, PL needs a way to sustain his laning, jungling, and to keep up his mana. Vlads is a solid answer to all three.
I dunno. I'll try it I guess. It just doesn't seem like it would work on paper.
Define "core" items in the context of this coversation. Vlads on PL is really good in under 15 or so minutes.
I'm not saying vlads that early would be bad on anyone, just seems like a massive waste when it doesn't effect his actual kit at all.
lawd im free

also sand king is the shit how come nobody talks about him in here

we traded boken for you

big shoes to fill

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cloud 322

edit: I guess the issue is that EE has to still take a flight back to Canada and they only had like 20 minutes to play this game, and I guess Ursa Strats are the best way for fast wins. Guess they couldn't reschedule.

Low Tier
Come on, it is end of April, the best teams do not want to show their best strategies so close to the TI4. I am sure they have some nice tricks which will be only visible at the International.

stop fanboying. What team is going to save pocket strats when there's that large of a prize pool available? They're not as strong a team as you think they are, Empire is better, EG is better, DK is better. Hell, I think even Newbee is better. Dota's an ever changing game, and different teams have different patches or playstyles that they excel at.

Also like Anbokrs been saying there's going to be a new patch before TI4, so having something up your sleeve that will most likely get dismantled because one of the core heroes got drastically changed makes no sense.

Alliance is a washed up team, only good players are Akke, EGM, and s4. Puppeys been super slacking, and so has funn1k.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
stop fanboying. What team is going to save pocket strats when there's that large of a prize pool available? They're not as strong a team as you think they are, Empire is better, EG is better, DK is better. Hell, I think even Newbee is better. Dota's an ever changing game, and different teams have different patches or playstyles that they excel at.

Also like Anbokrs been saying there's going to be a new patch before TI4, so having something up your sleeve that will most likely get dismantled because one of the core heroes got drastically changed makes no sense.

Alliance is a washed up team, only good players are Akke, EGM, and s4. Puppeys been super slacking, and so has funn1k.

I agree in general that teams aren't going to hold back some super secret weapon. But Na'Vi in particular have demonstrated time and time again that they have a penchant for not taking shit seriously and losing because of it. They'll train harder for TI4 and I have no doubt they'll be much more competitive for it.

Demoli

I feel Alliance could be doing better if they actually swpaed roles around. Bulldog does not play a selfless offlane, he essentially plays a split pushing carry. I think having him in the carry position and Loda in the offlane, at least for a few games just to see how it goes could make wonders to their comp.

Ketch

I'm holding out hope that puppey will break open the meta. Despite their recent performance, they easily have the talent... They just need to get there shit together.. Again.

Randdalf

I'm holding out hope that puppey will break open the meta. Despite their recent performance, they easily have the talent... They just need to get there shit together.. Again.

I've heard here and there that Na`Vi don't practice much, if at all. If they get back in the groove of things they are definitely good enough to reach the TI final again but at the moment I don't see it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lately it just doesn't feel like Na'vi are trying very hard. It's different when I watch Alliance whom I feel are actually getting outplayed whereas with Na'vi they just look like they don't care that much. I guess when you have the highest salaries in the scene you can get complacent?

Wok

Only time will tell. It is common sense however that the matches will be analyzed by the teams, and current winning drafts/strategies will be better countered in 3 months. There is no point in showing off now. I would be very suprised if DK dominated the International.

Shinypogs

EGM for carry please, he tries to steal the job anyways.

Seriously though I'd like to see Alliance back in peak shape for TI4 even though I want DK to win. I want every team to be in the best shape so we have the best possible games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Loda losing his skills like he's losing his hair.

Problem is, s4 does his best work with Alliance, I don't think you can just shove him into another team and see a similar level of performance. Akke and EGM though, legit best supports.

Zeth

Is there a ticket available for the ESL qualifier matches? The shop/live tab are really difficult to navigate when you're looking for something specific.

Loda losing his skills like he's losing his hair.

Problem is, s4 does his best work with Alliance, I don't think you can just shove him into another team and see a similar level of performance. Akke and EGM though, legit best supports.

Really? I disagree, I think S4 would work in a lot of teams, he just needs a high impact mid to either take over games or take significant pressure off of the carry. I don't see a lot of games in which he's dependant on his team to win or do well.

IMO he's the only reason Loda does well sometimes. The enemy team is mostly concerned of shutting down S4 and rightly so.

Top Bottom