• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Mordeccai

There is no worse way to play dota than solo queing and getting matched with a stack on your own team who thinks they are professional. This void goes solo top and feeds to Mirana four deaths. Spams all chat saying he is hitting lucky arrows and he is a faggot.

They then proceed to flame me for 40 minutes because I dont rush BF on PA because it's minute 15 and I don't have the farm. Meanwhile void is still building BF at 35 minutes.

Then they mass report me for not helping them fight. This is because Void continually blinks in, chronos one of their team, and the other four proceed to chain stun and blow us up.

Just dont understand why people fight their own team.

dmshaposv

Their strongest asset at TI was Bulldogs ability to disrupt the opponents safe-lane/jungle then go on to snowball himself. That was patched out and rendered arguably the best offlaner in the world into a middling player because the play-style he always focused on was made to be to no longer viable.

How was it not due to the patch changes?

I don't get it, why doesnt bulldog play his style of offlane hero (gank/farm intensive carry) such as LYCAN - the most op fucker out there - in this patch?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ALSO how do you make webm from dota replays

It's complicated. First you need some way of recording the game. I use FRAPs, iirc you used some other program. Whatever.

Then you install this into firefox:

http://firefogg.org/

This is a general .webm converter. The options are a bit overwhelming so it's mostly trial and error.

Here are the settings I usually stick with for my webms:

Video

Bitrate: 150
Quality: 7
Keyframe interval: 300

Others are self explanatory. You want to choose dimensions that have the same ratio as the source, and you need to calculate the aspect ratio. The FPS should remain the same as well.

Mohasus

I don't get it, why doesnt bulldog play his style of offlane hero (gank/farm intensive carry) such as LYCAN - the most op fucker out there - in this patch?

Yeah let's make our strategy around a 80% ban hero.

His style was nerfed because pushes happen earlier now.

Kard8p3

aaaaaand now I have 6 low prio games bc ATT shit itself for like 10 minutes

8((( can't wait to move to somewhere that doesnt have stone age internet.

I need some help. Most of the time I know what I did wrong in a match but in this one I'm kind of stuck.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/624631479

I'm Doom. First of all, BH fed 6 out of ou 8 deaths early on, contributed nothing, and then left, so I'm not really blaming myself for the loss here. However, I feel like I could've done a bit better. My farming was lacking I think, SB seemed like a complete waste of a pickup and I think I should've gone BKB before Shiva's. But despite trying to get tanky I kept dying fast in fights, and I don't know whether it was the enemy team focusing on me or something I did wrong.

If someone could tell me what I did wrong or even watch the game and see I'd really appreciate it.

Quesa

It's complicated. First you need some way of recording the game. I use FRAPs, iirc you used some other program. Whatever.

Then you install this into firefox:

http://firefogg.org/

This is a general .webm converter. The options are a bit overwhelming so it's mostly trial and error.

Here are the settings I usually stick with for my webms:

Video

Bitrate: 150
Quality: 7
Keyframe interval: 300

Others are self explanatory. You want to choose dimensions that have the same ratio as the source, and you need to calculate the aspect ratio. The FPS should remain the same as well.

Yeah you can use a bunch of stuff. I use OBS to record stuff, then use miro to convert (the program's installer is super shady and offers you a bunch of bs toolbars btw so make sure you read some of that stuff and decline their offers) super-easily.

dmshaposv

Yeah let's make our strategy around a 80% ban hero.

His style was nerfed because pushes happen earlier now.

Lycan is just an example. It could be a clinkz or any carry/ganker that comes online by level 6-11 and push towers hard. Lone druid, natures prophet, e.t.c take some time to get online and thats where bulldog sort of gets crippled this patch.

I feel that offlane sniper with max shrapnel build was bulldog going in the early pusher/carry direction but seems like he didnt have much success in pro games so he went back to utility/ganker offlaners such as batrider and clock on which he is average at playing even with good farm.

Razzer

People need to stop thinking about what Bulldog did with his hero in 6.78. Yes he got farm and it was very impressive, but the key was what he did to the enemy supports. He always, every single game, prevented them from pulling and farming efficiently. And he did this far better than anyone else. Akke and EGM could make da plays later on because they were so farmed compared to the enemy supports. But now supports spend the early game roaming rather than farming, and the offlaner is expected to get exp and farm a bit then become a playmaker. This is not what Bulldog excels at. I mean, why do you think NP and LD were so favoured by Alliance? Cus they had summons that could grab creep waves and block camps. You see far less of those shenanigans these days. This isn't the only reason Bulldog has fallen off but I think it's a large contributor.

shira

Dark Souls

yW5aQul.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

This picture makes me happy. People who think their snotty kids deserve to be allowed in public, much less entitled to preferential treatment need a reality check. If Junior was a better athlete he woulda caught the ball anyways. Try again in a couple years, son.

Acinixys

On a serious note i think MM is broken

Go mid, side lanes feed enemy mid/carry even if i call miss 24/7

Go safe, enemy safelane carry gets 10 kills by 10 mins and is lvl 25 at 30 mins

Go hard, get shut down my stacked triple stun trilanes that roll ever everthing

I cant carry trash that feeds a Viper 17/0 by 20 mins

Volvo pls fix

Top Bottom