• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

hate to be a thacker, but whenever Valve gets around to setting up a non-Brazilian SA server I think the DOTA experience for all of North America will see a noticeable improvement.

I also commend anyone who's bilingual spanish/english and is willing to translate; they're playing meta-support which is a very valuable component of any team.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
e-club malaysia items:
7ED7DAA15D030B80583DA4632A2B168644A36361

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252789938

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Do any of you guys know what the back door protection range was in Dota 1? Because in Dota 2, it turns off if a creep is within 2000 units of a T3, which seems really early.
Wait what. Is that how it works?

I thought the BDP was disabled only for that specific lane turret (I noticed BDP was disabled on T2 towers at approximately their firing range) when creeps were roughly in firing range, but also have had cases where creeps were nowhere near that (Just assumed it was counting the dead creep corpses nearby).

Be nice to know as I've had a game where we killed a T3 and no one knew why it didn't have BDP.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
All buildings in the base are effected by a single source of back door protection. If a single creep gets into this bubble, the entire thing turns off, until 15 seconds after all creeps are gone.

The thing is, this bubble seems to extend 2000 units outside of radiant mid, which is absurd. I heard it was supposed to be where the creeps can attack the tower, but in reality its far beyond that.

I think right now back door protection turns off when the towers can see a creep maybe?

Edit: Someone posted a map, they really do just extend pretty far outside of the bases, 2000 units is a good approximation
attachment.php

Nymerio

Had a game today where someone was amazed that you could stack ancients...

I need to play ranked from now on so my unranked games are better :|

Also, All Random is great, but when your team is really really badly composed the game isn't fun. Even worse when the other team just wont finish the game.

The best games I've had in All Random were when we had shit composition. Feels great to win despite it. Though I agree that can be frustrating when you can't to anything because of it :|

Mordeccai

oh man, I feel so bad about this last game. Just went axe mid versus an invoker.

wG4r0MY.png

Had blink by 7 minutes. Game was over from there. Must have been a longgggg 35 minute game for the other team, because void insisted on getting his divine. Also it feels damn good to chain dunk especially when they are shallow graved.

No need to play like a 1 and go super greed, pickup a solid early core and make shit happen on the map every 100s. That's just my personal opinion though.
I feel like it's worth going carry Doom when your team just lacks carry presence (for example, someone like Mirana in the 1 position who isn't doing too well)

Tanky/support Doom won't help you much when the other team's cores do too much damage.

I think we can all agree both the Dire and Radiant need better security measures. 1 Creep and the entire defense system shuts down?! And TBH it's really more like front-door protection. Unless you're some sneaky asshole like Batrider or Brood skimming the tree-line.

kvk1

Bit of an "out there" question: when I'm spectating a game being played in a EU West server, and my net_graph shows a ping of 50-80 ms, would that be the same ping I could expect when playing in that server myself or are there some different shenanigans during spectating that would skew the number?

Airan

I think Silencer is fast becoming my new favourite hero. Start off as Support, and then as long as you get Wisdom stacks slowly transition into a grim reaper who can shut down supports who lack that vital BKB and then melt them with repeated W hits. The 'THWCKKK' sound of W is so satisfying. Valve sound team is the best.

Renoir

I think I had the worst teammate just on my team. Picks kunkka, ignores me and Ursa saying he should go offlane, steals Ursa's farm. We get ahead anyway, Kunkka only farms and never joins teamfights, finally starts talking. Keeps cussing out teammates in spanish, called me a pussy for running away from Pudge as a Dazzle, keeps calling gg whenever anyone dies even though we're extremely ahead, goes in 1 on 5 fights, You can fill in the blanks. We won despite him. Dazzle is OP, first game ever as him and it's so easy to turn around teamfights with just one grave. Pudge gets a hook? Grave, no kill for you, now die.

That was also my last calibrating match, my mmr is 2584, yay. Sort of expected it. I guess that's okay since I've played less than 200 games. I'm planning to play more mid and carry roles before I get into higher mmr and it becomes way harder to learn, except maybe then people will pick supports(probably not).

Anyone here also in that mmr range? I'm used to solo queueing but it gets tiring :(

I wonder if thats how they play together,I wonder if they just don't know any better... do they watch YouTube videos to learn they're heroes? Do they go on reddit and read guides(guess this one is hard since they dont know English) I just dont get the fact that these people all play the same way.. is that the south American meta? It's really always the same story.and then my win streak ends because off bs like this havent played in a couple of days.. im traumatized.

Btw im in the 2100 now.

G.ZZZ

Bit of an "out there" question: when I'm spectating a game being played in a EU West server, and my net_graph shows a ping of 50-80 ms, would that be the same ping I could expect when playing in that server myself or are there some different shenanigans during spectating that would skew the number?

Just try in a private lobby, set server to EUW and check.

Meteorain

I think Silencer is fast becoming my new favourite hero. Start off as Support, and then as long as you get Wisdom stacks slowly transition into a grim reaper who can shut down supports who lack that vital BKB and then melt them with repeated W hits. The 'THWCKKK' sound of W is so satisfying. Valve sound team is the best.

You should have seen the old Silencer. Best hero.

Earned the eternal hatred of anyone who had a combo procedure.

inkls

Thanks a lot for the tips Inkls, it'll help a lot. BH didn't listen to anything anyone said, I told him to offlane so I could jungle but he ignored me. And a bunch of the mistakes I made that you commented on were me blindly following a guide and not using my own brain, I've made countless useless wands, and I don't even remember skipping lvl 2 Doom at 11.

Also I used Doom on a 10hp enemy and immediately facepalmed.

@FACE: I thought about getting a Midas but I thought it was too late to get one, apparently it's always okay to get one on Doom?

Its perfectly understandable, I had to fight the reflex to Doom the first guy I see and my best Doom game had me Dooming a 50hp pugna and dooming a creep.

A 10min midas is good.

I've lost count of how many dooms have lost because they greedily forced a Midas even with a bad start and ran around like headless chickens with no mana, no armor, and no impact.

IMO doom is best played as a sort of utility carry opting for stuff like blink, Mek, and aura/armor stack (vlads, AC, shiva's). No need to play like a 1 and go super greed, pickup a solid early core and make shit happen on the map every 100s. That's just my personal opinion though.

I usually use my first gank as a barometer for that. If there's been no first blood yet, I think I can be confident my team can stall a bit.

What items will have a high impact for your team by 10 min that you can ignore midas if you had a good start?

I don't really see any best way doom is played, his builds can be so versatile.

Fuck midas doom.

no u

Also I know this isn't proper but my record for Phase/Bottle/Radiance on carry Doom is 16 mins. Lately I've stopped getting Midas since getting the early Phase/Bottle is hella useful and it's more than 50% of your Relic cost.

FACE

Banned
Better to go veil on lich, right?

Veil is good, yeah. And if he hadn't gone for that Aghs he would've finished his Shiva's/Sheepstick. Aghs gives good stats and all but the ulti upgrade for Lich is very underwhelming.

I've lost count of how many dooms have lost because they greedily forced a Midas even with a bad start and ran around like headless chickens with no mana, no armor, and no impact.

IMO doom is best played as a sort of utility carry opting for stuff like blink, Mek, and aura/armor stack (vlads, AC, shiva's). No need to play like a 1 and go super greed, pickup a solid early core and make shit happen on the map every 100s. That's just my personal opinion though.

But if you go for a Midas you can buy those items so fast.

BigAT

All buildings in the base are effected by a single source of back door protection. If a single creep gets into this bubble, the entire thing turns off, until 15 seconds after all creeps are gone.

The thing is, this bubble seems to extend 2000 units outside of radiant mid, which is absurd. I heard it was supposed to be where the creeps can attack the tower, but in reality its far beyond that.

I think right now back door protection turns off when the towers can see a creep maybe?

Edit: Someone posted a map, they really do just extend pretty far outside of the bases, 2000 units is a good approximation
http://www.playdota.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23936[img][/QUOTE]

Did they ever patch out that thing where you could Helm of the Dominator an enemy creep and it would count towards backdoor protection?

manfestival

oh man, I feel so bad about this last game. Just went axe mid versus an invoker.

wG4r0MY.png

Had blink by 7 minutes. Game was over from there. Must have been a longgggg 35 minute game for the other team, because void insisted on getting his divine. Also it feels damn good to chain dunk especially when they are shallow graved.

Void is lame but I give you mad props for being the biggest man in the game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Racecar Razor is best racecar.

ed: Racecar Jugg is honorable mention

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm rewatching some MLG columbus games and it's got me wondering, what happened to Elder Titan? He was first pick/ban back then but is completely gone now with only a small nerf in between. This early aggression meta right now doesn't even seem that unfavourable to ET either.

Razzer

I'm rewatching some MLG columbus games and it's got me wondering, what happened to Elder Titan? He was first pick/ban back then but is completely gone now with only a small nerf in between. This early aggression meta right now doesn't even seem that unfavourable to ET either.

I believe there was a bug where the aura was applied before spirit damage which has since been fixed.

Tunin

Guys, I'm currently trying to rotate Treant into semi-carry late game, yes, for the 'lulz'.

Mask of madness + Assault C. + Mjolnir, never had this much fun in ages playing the game :D

Re: Elder Titan Aura and Spirit:

I think that's how it's supposed to work, they just nerfed the magic damage on the spirit to make 0-4-4 builds less powerful.

Acinixys

Did they ever patch out that thing where you could Helm of the Dominator an enemy creep and it would count towards backdoor protection?

Theres a clip of a Earth Spirit with blink using pull to pull a creep into the trees from the enemy T1 to their T3 in base. Then the team just runs in and takes throne with all the creep waves at mid

treant has a horrible BAT.

But INSANE dps

Hes like a shit Tiny

Ive seen a Tree carry before, with 10 years of farm

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

6.79c

Astral Spirit icon.png Ancestral Spirit:
Vision reduced from 600 to 450.
Damage reduced from 80/120/160/200 to 60/100/140/180.

Astral Spirit icon.png Ancestral Spirit damage reduced from 120/160/200/240 to 80/120/160/200.
This used to be my favorite hero in Dota and they totally destroyed him.

inkls

Oh btw, gentle rodriguez, my bad on dooming priority. I though doom didn't disable bloodbath on bloodseeker, turns out it does.

So yeah, if omni's down, doom bs. Don't want him healing for 40% of a hero's hp who dies near him.

Top Bottom