• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Well he was still one of the hottest picks post 6.79. Did that 6.79c nerf hit him that hard?

In the pro scene yeah I'm sure that vision nerf alone was the nail in the coffin. The cumulative damage nerf to spirit between both of those patches is ridiculous tho.

Randdalf

I've been checking that SteamDB entry for the Dota 2 Private Beta like every few hours for the past few days trying to discern if they're preparing to ship it and coming up with nothing.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm going to try Blookcyka.

What build do you guys like? treads --> forcestaff --> ??

What's your dusa build again? I remember it seeming more interesting that linkens first.
Depends on enemy comp but I laned in that match and went

Phase --> Dom Helm --> Yasha --> Bfly (22 minutes?) --> Manta --> Crit --> Satanic --> Skadi (coming on courier) --> Travels

My level 6 skills are 2-0-2-1 (stats first point) usually and at 11 are 4-0-4-2. I skip mystic snake until I've run out of points to put in stats. Personal preference. I'll put one point in Snakes early vs Rubick so he can't steal my ult. Otherwise, it's just not my thing.

I'll go Linken'sor BKB if the enemy team has an initiator with a blink AND sheep (say, Puck) or a bunch of disables they have shown some competency in changing properly. Otherwise I'll skip it. Because Medusa's ult goes through being hexed (that is, as long as you get it off before being hexed, disabled or anything else), the ult will continue to channel and the enemy will still be frozen and will have to turn or die. Unless a game is going very poorly for the entire team, I'm rarely going to lose a game that goes beyond 35 minutes or so. As with any carry, if you're pushed back into your T3's at 25 minutes, the win rate lowers significantly.

But yea if you have enough space to farm at least one lane, your jungle, and are alert enough to not miss too many ancient stacks with your dominated creep, you should be able to get a bunch of items online in a timely fashion. With fast Phase + Yasha + Dom (11-13 minutes) and those 3 points in split shot (starting around level 7 if all went well) you can clear all the entire jungle in under 60 seconds. Radiant side is preferred because the way the jungle is set up is much more efficient for rotations. I was Dire side on my last outing, but it still went pretty well.

Most questions are answered by checking out the replay. And again, SK and Rubick were the stars of the show anyway. They were all over the map with ganks applying pressure and breaking spirits.

sixghost

Depends on enemy comp but I laned in that match and went

Phase --> Dom Helm --> Yasha --> Bfly (22 minutes?) --> Manta --> Crit --> Satanic --> Skadi (coming on courier) --> Travels

My level 6 skills are 2-0-2-1 (stats first point) usually and at 11 are 4-0-4-2. I skip mystic snake until I've run out of points to put in stats. Personal preference. I'll put one point in Snakes early vs Rubick so he can't steal my ult. Otherwise, it's just not my thing.

I'll go Linken'sor BKB if the enemy team has an initiator with a blink AND sheep (say, Puck) or a bunch of disables they have shown some competency in changing properly. Otherwise I'll skip it. Because Medusa's ult goes through being hexed (that is, as long as you get it off before being hexed, disabled or anything else), the ult will continue to channel and the enemy will still be frozen and will have to turn or die. Unless a game is going very poorly for the entire team, I'm rarely going to lose a game that goes beyond 35 minutes or so. As with any carry, if you're pushed back into your T3's at 25 minutes, the win rate lowers significantly.

But yea if you have enough space to farm at least one lane, your jungle, and are alert enough to not miss too many ancient stacks with your dominated creep, you should be able to get a bunch of items online in a timely fashion. With fast Phase + Yasha + Dom (11-13 minutes) and those 3 points in split shot (starting around level 7 if all went well) you can clear all the entire jungle in under 60 seconds. Radiant side is preferred because the way the jungle is set up is much more efficient for rotations. I was Dire side on my last outing, but it still went pretty well.

Most questions are answered by checking out the replay. And again, SK and Rubick were the stars of the show anyway. They were all over the map with ganks applying pressure and breaking spirits.

I'll watch that replay, thanks.

I thought forcestaff was good on cyka because it allowed you to blow people up with rupture.
It's a bit too corny and falls off hard as hell later. Basher is better because it will give you a chance to cancel TP's.

I personally like Treads + SnY + Basher + AC + whatever else makes sense.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's a bit too corny and falls off hard as hell later. Basher is better because it will give you a chance to cancel TP's.

I did not think of that. Basher would be great. Going to try this build now.

uggggggggggheeeeeelpppppmeeeeeeeeeeeeee

will_smith_uh_gif.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does Sticky Napalm and Ion Shell work the same in normal matches like in AD? Because that would be the worst lane for someone for sure.

Any kind of damage over time move + Sticky Napalm is basically autowin.

xanavi

Yeah but is it only Batrider's other skills? He's talking about ability draft

No, it's not only bat's skills that get amped, which is why ion shell or bladefury + napalm is so good but is he talking about ability draft? It reads like he's asking if it works the same in normal games as it does in AD.

inkls

710 damage as hp removal is not corny :[

I'd say it stays pretty relevant through the game compared to other source of burst due to that. I mean, why not maximize your ult's damage output against people who stay still against it?

Hylian7

I'd say it stays pretty relevant through the game compared to other source of burst due to that. I mean, why not maximize your ult's damage output against people who stay still against it?
No, because a 135g item still counters it.

Force Staff does not stop TP. Basher does... What Force Staff don't.

Low Tier

I'd say it stays pretty relevant through the game compared to other source of burst due to that. I mean, why not maximize your ult's damage output against people who stay still against them?

Same reason you dont buy aghs on luna or euls on potm.

Sure its gimmicky and fun, but the hero's toolkit is for right clicking and sustaining in team fights with last hits. Building an item that only deals 120 extra damage with lvl 1 ulti is silly when you could just buy a dagon if you're going to completely ignore bloodseeker's other abilities.

Rupture is mainly used as an initiation tool against an isolated target, a finisher, or to force a bkb carry to carefully consider if they want to move or not. Its not a 'burst ulti' in any sense because it only does 350 initial damage at lvl 3.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
welp i rebooted my modem (unplugged it and left it alone for the whole night) and had one good match with good ping, now my second match the ping got worse again and i dunno what the fuck is going on anymore. Maybe its my router after all.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Same reason you dont buy aghs on luna or euls on potm.

Sure its gimmicky and fun, but the hero's toolkit is for right clicking and sustaining in team fights with last hits. Building an item that only deals 120 extra damage with lvl 1 ulti is silly when you could just buy a dagon if you're going to completely ignore bloodseeker's other abilities.

Rupture is mainly used as an initiation tool against an isolated target, a finisher, or to force a bkb carry to carefully consider if they want to move or not. Its not a 'burst ulti' in any sense because it only does 350 initial damage at lvl 3.

Pretty much this. BS needs to fill in his gaps and keep himself going in fights. Force staff in this situation is a dagon at best in teamfights, and some utility otherwise.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
http://blog.dota2.com/2014/04/the-spring-cleaning-update/

94Gjl95.jpg

Ah, spring! The birds chirp, the flowers bloom, Ursa leaves his den, and Dota 2 gets a shiny new update. In this single-day event, we’ve taken the wraps off the 6.81 gameplay adjustments. Check out the changes coming to your favorite and soon-to-be-favorite heroes in the changelog.

Plus, we called in a few exterminators and squashed a pretty mean colony of bugs throughout the game. The update page has the gooey details.

Once the update is released next week, you’ll also find a new kind of Treasure available. Unlike previous Treasures, these are purchased directly from the Dota 2 Store, and do not require a seal to open. Simply purchase, then crack it open to obtain one of several new hero sets.

Meanwhile, in tournament news, we’re less than two weeks away from The International’s Regional Qualifiers. Stay tuned for more information on the Teams and match times

Still waiting on Valve to add the rest of the info, seems the post went up early.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
IKUU THE FALSE PROPHET, DECIEVER, WEAVER OF LIES AND TEMPTRESS OF KINGS

Top Bottom