• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

ksan

Hmm why haven't I ever tried BF Magnus? It's not core but it's pretty cool.

It was super common in dota 1
battle.net pubs kappa
, especially before he had skewer.
Now it's a bit more viable if you get really good farm, as you don't need arcanes as much with the 0 mana cost blink.

Well Fnatic out in last place, they looked really weak today, sad to see

I honestly feel like Rosh is way too weak, literally dies in seconds and the other teams can do nothing about it

So how many of you guys repick when randoming?

I feel like the only two heroes I feel happy with repicking are Meepo and Earth Spirit. Everybody else I'll try to make work.

So how many of you guys repick when randoming?

I feel like the only two heroes I feel happy with repicking are Meepo and Earth Spirit. Everybody else I'll try to make work.

Meepo and Invoker, but I don't random really anymore because I barely play All Pick unless I want to pick a specific hero.

Quesa

Where are people seeing the venge set for $10? I only see it at like $17. Is it like the combined price of all the parts?

Ketch

What's going on with dreamhack? Is it the super weekend already? I thought that was starting next week... i am confused.

I think Doom is officially my worst hero, would love to try laning him but always go to the jungle and end up struggling to get any early levels

I think Doom is officially my worst hero, would love to try laning him but always go to the jungle and end up struggling to get any early levels

I've been playing him quite a lot recently. I start with stout shield, that item that gives you two armour and builds into basilieus and one salve.

Skill Q, eat a big creep and attempt a big camp. Just by killing that you have level 2 and should get your basilieus very soon after that. You can use your Q to heal and help you farm. Keep hitting creeps, making sure to use your Q as soon as you can.

I think midas is almost essential on him as well.

Ketch

the thing that f's me up with doom is devouring the wrong creeps. Like i'll get a good creep, alpha wolfe, or big satyr with hp regen... and then try to devour a little creep so I don't loose my good passives but then finding out all these little creeps have shitty ability... like purge or mana drain or whatever, bums me out.

inkls

Well dam, late to the party (spent the day fixing my pc). Awesome patch.

Admiral bulldog will be so happy will all those ld bug fixes.

Also, anyone notice the peculiar names for the chests? Abyssal underlord and oracle confirmed?

I just treat the Q like a midas sometimes. Get a nice aura/ability, but don't be afraid to use it whenever.

Also, with your ulti, don't be afraid to use it. You might waste a couple but there's nothing wrong with try to zone people out, even if you don't get a kill.

Don't be afraid to use it on a support, it's almost exclusively going to be use on something that has an ability to really affect team fights. So dazzle is almost always target no.1.

You do have to be mindful of some heroes and the abilities they've used so that you can choose a target more worthy of your doom.

ksan

satyr is damn good for hp regen, wildkin is really good for +4 armor (iirc) and stacking with tornado, troll is ok for summons as well
alpha wolf might sound good, but in my experience it's worthless early on (while amazing later on obviously). hellbear is also useless, and centaur is better than nothing for +15 IAS
frost armor from ogre is also pretty good, but you really wanna avoid eating them early cause they're worth much less exp/gold

edit: wildwing is only 3 armor, still very good

I've been playing him quite a lot recently. I start with stout shield, that item that gives you two armour and builds into basilieus and one salve.

Skill Q, eat a big creep and attempt a big camp. Just by killing that you have level 2 and should get your basilieus very soon after that. You can use your Q to heal and help you farm. Keep hitting creeps, making sure to use your Q as soon as you can.

I think midas is almost essential on him as well.

Yeah I know what creeps should be good but I never seem to get them in the jungle on my first few levels, makes it annoying as hell

Yeah I know what creeps should be good but I never seem to get them in the jungle on my first few levels, makes it annoying as hell
Alpha wolf for the deeps.

Troll thingy for the little skeleton people.

Street Fighter pink wolf for the hp regen.

Centaur for the bonus attack speed.

There's always something good in the jungle.

So we're getting 2 more psuedo-arcanas, an Earthshaker totem with custom spell effects, particles and ability icons, and an Abaddon sword with custom spell effects and ability icons. Much like the Pudge set before, the backpack icons are actually from the loading screen, not a "regular" picture. (They also come with a set, but it's the Totem and Sword that hold the modifications, like Pudge's beard). For some reason both are a dollar cheaper than the Pudge set... but whatever.

I think we kind of need a rarity above Legendary that's for items like these. Not quite Arcana, but bigger and better than Legendary.

Ancient's been sitting around unused for awhile. Seems like this would be a good spot to put them at. Basically set it so Ancient items are items that change spell icons and many animations, so these items don't awkwardly hang out with a Kotl staff with a neat particle, two ember hats that do nothing, and a few mounts and summons which are jarringly less of items than these.

On a related note, I can't buy the Abaddon set because the majority of the cool stuff is on the sword and I already have a fully decked out Mace with gems. But I do plan on getting the ES set, supports don't usually get cool stuff like this often.

Alpha wolf for the deeps.

Troll thingy for the little skeleton people.

Street Fighter pink wolf for the hp regen.

Centaur for the bonus attack speed.

There's always something good in the jungle.

Is Centaur really any good at level 1? Had a jungle of 2 centaurs, 1 Hellbear, and 2 blocked camps I think.

I'm going to be honest I'm just not very good on farming heroes, would always just rather be doing something else; but I've been just randoming in unranked to get some practice in on other roles and well doing fairly horribly

I've only experimented a bit with Doom jungle so this might be rubbish, but I feel like for the first few levels you shouldn't worry about getting a good aura and just use devour off cd on the big creep in the nearest hard camp. Even if it means giving up a satyr aura for a hellbear smash, it's better to do that than to lose half your life trying and kill the big hellbear with autos. This also means you don't lose any time faffing around the jungle checking camps.

Once you get a few levels and a mana item you can try and stick hold of the dark troll summoner skills for a bit to spam the skellies since they help you farm a lot if you have the mana for it.

Top Bottom