• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Twitch was doubting it, but twitch is bad as usual. The reach it gives him, accuracy, and synergy with other melee initiators is off the charts.

The Twitch hivemind thinks anything that's not completely standard is weird or bad. It's awful for every purpose but meltdowns, Twitch meltdowns in crowded channels are great.

Where can I find the Bears v Alliance vod when it goes up?

MMiL3xz.jpg

iLQyxKScnlBXB.gif

BeesEight

I never liked jungle ursa. That hero is so goddamn strong in lane I don't know why you'd ever jungle him outside of pubs picking 3 carries. It's like jungling n'aix. Pair ursa with a decent support that has either a slow or a stun, walk up to a person, and eat them alive at level 1-2. He's fast, he has high base armor, he has a slow, and he has probably the highest damaging level 1 attack modifier (aside from burning spears maybe) in the game. Take advantage of that shit in a lane.

I don't think you have to worry about a laning Ursa grabbing a pre-minute 4 Rosh though. He's accounted for while farming, will probably have to purchase more lane sustain that'll eat into the Rosh timer and it'll be super obvious if he tries to sneak off for the aegis.

Can't believe blink didn't get nerfed, that's one thing missing from the patch notes.
Everyone knows Blink is probably too good, but it makes 90% of the heroes better and increases overall mobility of the metagame. I wouldn't call a single hero OP with Blink, it's just that it's core on an extremely high amount of heroes.

Edit: IF apparently thought Batrider is OP with the blink upgrade, but I disagree. He probably just hates him, which I understand, fuck Batrider.

best thing about blink buff is now SK is all up in the western meta. I used to have to watch a lot of pre-Ti3 Orange for my pro doto SK fix

<3 SK

KScorp

Techies video.

You can try them out too. Download this pack of txt files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ajnvafg74hjm1tq/techies_files.zip

Stick the text files into "steamapps/common/dota 2 test/dota/scripts/npc", and add "-override_vpk" to the launch options. You MUST use the test client.

Then play a local game, either by hosting a local lobby or practicing with bots. (I have not tested practice with bots, it might not work.)

Note that playing normal games will most likely be broken while you have this stuff enabled, you can just remove "-override_vpk" to play normally again.

I'd say the blink buff is indirectly responsible for hard carries being phased out of the meta; a shitton of heroes got moved into irrelevancy by the threat of 8 min blink daggers on heroes that can insta burst squishy heroes.

best thing about blink buff is now SK is all up in the western meta. I used to have to watch a lot of pre-Ti3 Orange for my pro doto SK fix

<3 SK

I'd say the blink buff is indirectly responsible for hard carries being phased out of the meta; a shitton of heroes got moved into irrelevancy by the threat of 8 min blink daggers on heroes that can insta burst squishy heroes.

I have seen a lot of people with 9 min blink on SK with brown boots. And with the clarity buff, we should see more mana starved heroes in the meta.

SK is helped by sand storm being really good at jungling between ganks/roaming with low mana cost.

Fear of Oracle may have been greatly exaggerated.
Well now yeah.

I don't understand what the point of that is though as he had some simple and straightforward combos. Flames and then purge on enemies was really powerful and I guess they wanted him more on healing allies and being a hard team fight support.
man if valve could release this update before Monday so I could play before I have to go be a recluse for finals, that would be amazing.
Yeah thats not going to happen.

Kard8p3

man if valve could release this update before Monday so I could play before I have to go be a recluse for finals, that would be amazing.

Pratfall

Good at dota GAF, I need some advice:

How do you determine which heroes would be good in an aggro trilane and which are good in a defensive trilane? What types of spells do you look for in supports in these two situations and what kind of farmer do you want for each situation? I want to get away from duo lanes but I rarely know what I am talking about when I suggest we trilane. Thanks in advance!

Good at dota GAF, I need some advice:

How do you determine which heroes would be good in an aggro trilane and which are good in a defensive trilane? What types of spells do you look for in supports in these two situations and what kind of farmer do you want for each situation? I want to get away from duo lanes but I rarely know what I am talking about when I suggest we trilane. Thanks in advance!
Slows, stuns, nukes.

Most easily stuns.

You can make a tri work with any stuns or slows on your supports. So don't worry about lists of heroes, just know them.

By far the most important thing is positioning and getting kills. Often when playing tris, people who aren't used to it will just stand there next to the farmer. THIS IS BAD. Be out of the lane. Dont show where you are. The enemy team will not know if youre ganking or trying to kill them. Stay off to the side and look to wrap around or be pulling. Be close to one another in case they go on one of you though. Its a delicate balance. Always be looking for kills. If you don't get kills, everyone is underleveled, especially your supports so abandon it. Just straight up tell the supports to leave and gank, they are actively harming your farmer and losing the game by staying there.

Just watch a few videos on it online, watch what they do, have communication with the people in the lane and don't be afraid to rotate and abandon it if it doesn't work out.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
point is, its listed as 6.81 changes, so hmmmmmm?

I want to believe as much as everyone else, but this is no real evidence they're coming soon. All we have is a discrepancy between the heroes' abilities in Dota 2 and those in Dota 1. These could be bugs, 6.81 changes, 6.82 changes, or so on. No real indication of when the heroes are coming based on this find, only that when they do come they'll have these differences.

I want to believe as much as everyone else, but this is no real evidence they're coming soon. All we have is a discrepancy between the heroes' abilities in Dota 2 and those in Dota 1. These could be bugs, 6.81 changes, 6.82 changes, or so on. No real indication of when the heroes are coming based on this find, only that when they do come they'll have these differences.
That's not no, but the fact that they're almost completely done sans model is evidence enough that they're coming soon. There is a video a few posts up of someone playing techies, and cyborgmatt got oracle working with minimal effort.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
That's not no, but the fact that they're almost completely done sans model is evidence enough that they're coming soon. There is a video a few posts up of someone playing techies, and cyborgmatt got oracle working with minimal effort.

Sure, but we all know that heroes being nearly done doesn't have much bearing on when they come out. I just don't think people should take this finding to suggest that the heroes are coming with this patch or anything (as much as I wish they would).

Sure, but we all know that heroes being nearly done doesn't have much bearing on when they come out. I just don't think people should take this finding to suggest that the heroes are coming with this patch or anything (as much as I wish they would).
Oh they're not coming next week no.

But in like 2 or 3 weeks? I'd be surprised if they weren't *knock on wood*

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Oh they're not coming next week no.

But in like 2 or 3 weeks? I'd be surprised if they weren't *knock on wood*

Maybe so. Would be weird IMO considering they're in this "big patches at long intervals" mode now. 3 months without a patch and then the next 2 weeks later? Strange.

On the other hand we do know there will have to be some sort of patch relatively soon for TI4 compendium stuff, so who knows what will happen.

Razzer

Having now tried it, MoM on Ursa isn't just great for Rosh. You can rotate into the jungle and farm 3-4 camps a minute with just phase and MoM. The lower mana cost makes it way better than overpower for this purpose. I had like a sub-15 min blink which made me farm 5 camps a minute, and also a very very fast Skadi. Obviously against real opponents you will likely not be able to just farm forever but it certainly makes Ursa a much faster farmer.

This is after soloing Rosh at level 3 with stout and Morbid Mask, incidentally.

Nymerio

I just went full xboct in a game with sven. Saw rasta wards, thought everyone was already dead and proceeded to farm then. Turned out there was still a riki around that killed everyone off while I was getting teh moneys. Felt bad :(

Artanisix

Having now tried it, MoM on Ursa isn't just great for Rosh. You can rotate into the jungle and farm 3-4 camps a minute with just phase and MoM. The lower mana cost makes it way better than overpower for this purpose. I had like a sub-15 min blink which made me farm 5 camps a minute, and also a very very fast Skadi. Obviously against real opponents you will likely not be able to just farm forever but it certainly makes Ursa a much faster farmer.

This is after soloing Rosh at level 3 with stout and Morbid Mask, incidentally.

I have this idea of getting an early morbid mask to crush Roshan, and then selling it off and transitioning to Desolator to instagib enemy heroes. I must test this in real games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have this idea of getting an early morbid mask to crush Roshan, and then selling it off and transitioning to Desolator to instagib enemy heroes. I must test this in real games.

"Real games", in this case, means scrims against baddie redditors.

Top Bottom