• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

XJ684PR.jpg

Yep. That's a dick.

G.ZZZ

Is it? Enemies cant ignore both Abaddon and his team when Borrowed Time is up and this gives a reason to use it manually. A 35% teamwide damage reduction into your heal seems like a really cool aghs benefit to me.

Ooops, misread that. Much better than i thought, but i still don't think it will make abaddon that much better. It's sorta like a pseudo guardian angel now, but worse.

SamVimes

Not really. I think the real reason just to give players the option. I'm sure I will probably still click my traps manually, it's just the way I prefer it, but I totally understand wanting it as the sub-ability.

A choice between being efficient and inefficient?

SamVimes

It wasn't even in the description I think, I had no clue there was no cast point when activating them manually.

So that is one thing.

Besides that it is about the most boring way to increase a skill ceiling.

I was just kidding with the initial post anyway, i don't really care either way.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I realize now this means at least three more months of lycan. I don't think the ult nerf is really gonna change how ppl play him much. Maybe he won't show up in comp as much, but def gonna still see him in pubs.

That HP nerf is really significant. Just look at how Alch losing his HP bonus changed him completely (from 90% carry to 100% support), and Alch was compensated fairly significantly in other ways (mass hp regen). I can't count how many times the bonus HP saved me from split push ganks and also just straight teamfighting/man-fighting as lycan is so much riskier now. Getting a free 300 bonus hp as a mini-heart also allowed you to build greedy (necro/ac/deso) and gave you a small advantage in the late game. This nerf basically solidifies Lycan as an early to mid-game carry. You really don't want to go late where you'll get easily outcarried and where supports have force staves/ghost scepters out the ass to kite your 18s of being useful.

Sure, the nerf doesn't significantly change the way the hero is played, but that's what a good nerf does. Lower the hero's power without damaging their identity. This particular nerf is bigger than most people realize though, and the nerf to necronomicon might as well be listed under Lycan. Any nerf to that item is a nerf to the hero in the same way nerfing Tiny Aghs would be a straight nerf to Tiny.

Conceptor

Hylian, how did you end up doing with your Lockless Luckboxes? I missed the opening party.

Just got mine in earlier today and I'm debating it..

M.D

what a dumb throw by era

they had the early game and loda was nowhere near his radiance, but then era made a dumb decision trying to kill loda with the invis rune... i don't know what he was hoping to achieve since he had the tree heal plus he was under his own tier 1 tower and might have had song up as well

Randdalf

Anyone else suspect that this patch was part of a larger patch that they split up in order to release 6.81 earlier? I only say this because of how complete Oracle is (even Techies look kind of close too).

Also, I disagree with the -1 armor being a nerf to support Wraith King. It means he dies quicker at the start of fights to get his insane slow off.

edit: Rod of Atos on Centaur? Might be fun.

elyetis

Anyone else suspect that this patch was part of a larger patch that they split up in order to release 6.81 earlier? I only say this because of how complete Oracle is (even Techies look kind of close too).
I'm still trying to keep some hope that it's still to be announced before the patch next week. 3 months only for a balance + bugfix.... and I thought I was keeping realistic ( if not pessimistic ) expectation when thinking of a 1 hero update ( Oracle, because of how stupid Valve can be ) after all that time.

And the result could still pretty much be
82cf9ac92ad6cdbad31409fc40b40f3b.jpg

It's time to announce Left 4 dead 3, so that we finaly know what half of the dota 2 dev have been doing for the past 9-11 month.

Also, I disagree with the -1 armor being a nerf to support Wraith King. It means he dies quicker at the start of fights to get his insane slow off.

edit: Rod of Atos on Centaur? Might be fun.

I felt like IF left some of the more radical balance changes out with TI qualifiers in a couple weeks, so the meta wouldn't get all fucked up right before TI4. Maybe we'll get a huge patch with at the very least Oracle and some bigger balance changes after TI4.

spk

Oracle now has his game sounds file.
Techies now has his game sounds file.

So can they be unpacked from the test client .vpk?

Razzer

Wow wake up to this. I'm gonna post more thoughts when I catch up on posts here, but firstly can you pick me PA now G.ZZZ??????

KScorp

I just spent all night trying to get techies to work, I'll just say that they look about as complete as Oracle is, functionality wise at least.

Will post a more detailed update on how to play as techies when I wake up.

Zeth

Invoker nerf seems rather minor in the scheme of things. QE remains the same and QW has slightly different combo timing?

Top Bottom