• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Trasher

༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ PROTECT THE FLUFFY BEARS

Trasher

"Well I heard XBOCT is drafting, and if I would rate him as a drafter out of 10, I would probably give him a 4". -Admiral Bulldong

Razzer

So after finally getting time to look through the patch notes, I have to say I like what I see. Funny how it's not just the bug fixes that fit the spring cleaning theme, 6.81 also feels like it's more about cleaning up a few things from 6.79 and 6.80. Lot's of small things, as well as some kooky stuff and a couple of bigger changes.

Firstly, good TB nerf. Hopefully it does enough. Naga, Ember and Lycan all got slaps on the wrist. They are all still strong but hopefully this is enough to stop them being terrors in the right hands.

A couple of the Agh's buffs are cool. Lich, KOTL and Jakiro especially, Aba, Lina, Shadow Demon and Omni are nice too. Windrunner carry is very viable in pubs now I think.

No more Anient pulling with ES, cool.

Huskar lifesteal is cool.

Legion now has a pretty damn good AOE nuke for teamfights now, so as I was complaining about her Q just recently I guess I should say thanks Icefrog!

Leshrac might be able to set up his own stuns with lightning storm now, makes him draftable without a setup stun, pretty cool.

Demoli rejoicing at any LD buffs.

PA legit carry? With free farm I'd be tempted to put just 3 points in dagger now as you get 50% up time on the slow from that, allowing you put more early points into the now superior blur.

Phoenix nerf, needed, not as big as TB's nerf, we shall see.

Ursa is awesome. Everyone is talking about the MoM possibilties but in the mid/late game I think Skadi is even scarier. Unless you have plenty of stuns or a forcestaff getting away from him will be impossible. Even in late game Ursa could solo a lot of carries now. And cus it stacks with lifesteal on melee you can still get that early rosh with MoM/Morbid Mask.

Venge is awesome too. Again, I was saying how scared I was swapping into a team just recently cus my team might not be able to burst their carry before I die and his team rescues him. Now my death is useful and will win us the fight so it's nothing to worry about.

Some other cool stuff but that was the stuff that either stood out or was relevant to me.

Zeth

I bought too many hats again. "Your account is currently unable to use the Community Market" Last time this happened I had to open a ticket and it took a week to verify that I'm me. Anyone else have this problem?

Finalow

easy wins for Alliance here. ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ

CMW still playing? Lol. ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ

Razzer

Also with an Agh's Lina is now a pretty good counter to BKB carries. After magic resistance is considered that's almost 1000 damage at level 3 against a BKB target. Xboct carry Lina as a pocket strat maybe?

BeesEight

Just ward his jungle.

But seriously, it seems like teams will have to be on their toes with 6.81 Ursa. Make sure you have some vision in the woods and if you can't see him for a few seconds, send a support to check the pit.

At least these early solo roshes look easy to disrupt even with an under leveled hard support.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just ward his jungle.

But seriously, it seems like teams will have to be on their toes with 6.81 Ursa. Make sure you have some vision in the woods and if you can't see him for a few seconds, send a support to check the pit.

At least these early solo roshes look easy to disrupt even with an under leveled hard support.

I never liked jungle ursa. That hero is so goddamn strong in lane I don't know why you'd ever jungle him outside of pubs picking 3 carries. It's like jungling n'aix. Pair ursa with a decent support that has either a slow or a stun, walk up to a person, and eat them alive at level 1-2. He's fast, he has high base armor, he has a slow, and he has probably the highest damaging level 1 attack modifier (aside from burning spears maybe) in the game. Take advantage of that shit in a lane.

There's a difference between doing it before and after 4 minutes, because roshan gets buffed

This. The key to doing it is getting in there at 2-3 minutes so you can take advantage of a weaker roshan. The longer you wait, the more difficult it becomes until you have some more items.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Twitch was doubting it, but twitch is bad as usual. The reach it gives him, accuracy, and synergy with other melee initiators is off the charts.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i think navi.....i mean the bears are gonna lose this one

EDIT: welp 4 dead on the bears thata really bad.

EDIT 2: Team fucking wipe, the bears got destroyed.

Top Bottom