• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Razzer

I have this idea of getting an early morbid mask to crush Roshan, and then selling it off and transitioning to Desolator to instagib enemy heroes. I must test this in real games.

I should also mention that Earthshock plus a Skadi hit does 90% slow, so pretty much like a diffusal blade purge. It's pretty fucking good. I daresay as good as Deso for going around hunting down heroes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have this idea of getting an early morbid mask to crush Roshan, and then selling it off and transitioning to Desolator to instagib enemy heroes. I must test this in real games.

To be honest I think you may be better off just turning the Mask into a Vlads still, the armor aura+life steal is still really good. I personally want to do some Diffusal Ursa. Gotta be a team player!

Also, I don't a super early solo rosh is actually pub viable on Ursa, I tried it a few times and just got bashed to death.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
lkEmdMA.png

sixghost

To be honest I think you may be better off just turning the Mask into a Vlads still, the armor aura+life steal is still really good. I personally want to do some Diffusal Ursa. Gotta be a team player!

Also, I don't a super early solo rosh is actually pub viable on Ursa, I tried it a few times and just got bashed to death.

Wouldn't helm be better now, since it would build into a satanic. Satanic seems like straight up the best Ursa item now.

Razzer

I don't know for certain with helm vs MoM. You can't farm stacks quickly with Ursa so that part of the Helm is useless, but Satanic is better than Madness late game. But like I said MoM actually increases your farm rate by a really large amount. So you may end up getting other core items up quicker if you get it. The extra attack speed when overpower isn't up is also really good for killing, obviously.

Also Kirby, what did you go into rosh with? I had stout + Morbid mask and level 3 with 2 in fury swipes and one in overpower. If I ever got low I just waited for Overpower to cooldown and used it to get burst heal. By the time rosh gets you to dangerous levels the amount of heal you get from that should be able to keep you comfortably safe.

And I guess I'm just having Purge rub off on me after watching his vids a lot when I first started playing.

Edit: Having now done it again a few more times, this time against bots set to hard difficulty (so that I would be contested in lane to an extent), it really relies on having an easy lane. You need to get to rosh as quick as you can, and even then, if he bashes a lot early on you are screwed. If you can get enough stacks up early then bashes become less of a problem cus you heal so much from each hit. That said, treants or some other summon would make this ez cus they could tank whilst you get those stacks up.

Zeth

Just watched Arteezy's last 17-0 invoker mm match in client. What a player.

edit: Bane fed him at least 5 kills + first blood though.

Randdalf

Just watched Arteezy's last 17-0 invoker mm match in client. What a player.

edit: Bane fed him at least 5 kills + first blood though.

He's been practicing Invoker all day, maybe a hint at what we can expect from EG in the future given that they've mainly been drafting farming mids for him recently and Invoker is one they rarely if ever picked.

He's been practicing Invoker all day, maybe a hint at what we can expect from EG in the future given that they've mainly been drafting farming mids for him recently and Invoker is one they rarely if ever picked.

PPD was complaining in an NEL game the other night about how he's been trying to get rtz to play invoker "for months"

rtz invoker is coming to TI prolly

So I got to thinking about Sun Wukong and how there are a ton of different Wukong characters in the genre.

What type of character should Dota's Monkey King be? League's is a very generic bruiser (he fits the mold to a T) with very slight trickster capabilities so I would hope Icefrog can do better. I haven't played HoN or Smite so I won't comment.

G.ZZZ

Literally 10 years since last inhouse, Milkman promised us inhouse league after phoenix and instead he killed normal inhouses too.

Daed.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/629373722

The throw of the century. We had this one won at 25-30 minutes, but rezuth and I were ready to push off of kills, and then the rest of our team leaves. Unable to take on whatever is coming for us by ourselves, we have to back too. Gyro is busy playing farmville for 52 minutes and just refused to fight with us. Don't believe me? Look at my hero damage compared to his. Invoker was giving ME Alacrity instead of Gyrocopter. I didn't even ask for it.

Invoker would keep ghost walking into the entire team thinking he would get to go ham on them with his Aghanim's and kill them all. That ended exactly how you would expect.

See how the entire enemy team has BKBs? That should also indicate how much of a throw this was, as the supports took FOREVER to farm those BKBs.

I know people think my bitching about teammates is usually unwarranted, but this one I think it is totally justified. Sure, I made some mistakes, and tried to learn from them. But when you have a team like this you still cannot win, even if you play perfectly. I just do not understand people sometimes.

Randdalf

So I got to thinking about Sun Wukong and how there are a ton of different Wukong characters in the genre.

What type of character should Dota's Monkey King be? League's is a very generic bruiser (he fits the mold to a T) with very slight trickster capabilities so I would hope Icefrog can do better. I haven't played HoN or Smite so I won't comment.

Wasn't the rumour that Dota's version would be able to turn himself into one of the enemy heroes?

Top Bottom