• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

52club

Anyone know what the sizing is like on this brewmaster hoodie?

Not sure if it's made by valve or just a licensed product.

I've read that Valve clothing can be hit or miss with sizing.

I got the large and it seems in line with other name brand hoodies I own. I just don't love the neck line. Kind of a v-neck hoody on me, but maybe I've gotten spoiled by better hoodies.

ViviOggi

5TPAzYr.png

Rtz is literally the number 1 player on the servers he queues for. I'm not sure valve could ever provide match making that was to his liking. He should probably stick to scrims and inhouse leagues in his free time if he wants a "proper" game or whatever.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
me. anbokrs a poser hes not even a real cali-kid just some kalihooakbar.

sure bro sounds like what a poser would say

On a serious note I always thought the silly "legit" trend was a west coast thing, kids were swapping that in for "like" since 8th grade over on best coast aka Cali. Guess it spread. I think we need to go to the original source, patient zero, isolate the creator.

Merriam Webster said:
First Known Use of LEGIT

BUT WHO WAS THE USER?

I think I need to take a break, Dota is bleeding over in to real life. The thought just crossed my mind to buy a bkb before I go out tonight. WTF brain, why would I want magic immunity for real life?

Also I have to find a VOD of the brew game last night, I fell asleep like 5 mins in, but I wanna see kick ass brew micro to show brew is fine it's the players that suck.

Hylian7

I think I need to take a break, Dota is bleeding over in to real life. The thought just crossed my mind to buy a bkb before I go out tonight. WTF brain, why would I want magic immunity for real life?
I had a dream one time where I saw TommyT at some thing in real life, and I noticed he had a keychain of a Hand of Midas on his belt, and I could see the cooldown on it hit 0 and I was like "Dude use your Midas!" And he was like "Oh crap I forgot" and took the hand and slapped this little Dire creep figurine and it did the in game animation when you Midas something and the figurine disappeared.

ViviOggi

Meh. MM is fine. It doesn't force people to play their best heroes or proper team comps though, so results and play of an individual can vary wildly from match to match.
Rtz is literally the number 1 player on the servers he queues for. I'm not sure valve could ever provide match making that was to his liking. He should probably stick to scrims and inhouse leagues in his free time if he wants a "proper" game or whatever.
I agree. Just look at the leaderboards, there are only 17 6k players. Even if those only make up like 20% of actual 6k players, as Valve apparently had trouble getting the necessary information from qualifying players and all, that's still less than 100. And on top of that matches last from 20 to 60+minutes, so many of them will be already occupied even if they are currently online.

does anybody here know how to use source film maker
Valve put out a long tutorial series on YouTube that walks you through a lot of the basics. Check that out and work along side it and you can get something functional in a few hours.

Then check out Jimer Lins stuff for more small tips that pay off big.

BeesEight

Also I have to find a VOD of the brew game last night, I fell asleep like 5 mins in, but I wanna see kick ass brew micro to show brew is fine it's the players that suck.

Wouldn't this be the same as saying Meepo doesn't need the 12 consecutive buffs he's had with each patch because the only thing wrong with him are the players?

Satch

Banned
Valve put out a long tutorial series on YouTube that walks you through a lot of the basics. Check that out and work along side it and you can get something functional in a few hours.

Then check out Jimer Lins stuff for more small tips that pay off big.
but it doesnt tell me how to get dota stuff into the program

its all tf2 assets

Hylian7

Wouldn't this be the same as saying Meepo doesn't need the 12 consecutive buffs he's had with each patch because the only thing wrong with him are the players?
Not really, because Meepo has a lot stacked against him from the get go and Brew was already a decent hero. A few buffs for Brew didn't hurt though.

BeesEight

Not really, because Meepo has a lot stacked against him from the get go and Brew was already a decent hero. A few buffs for Brew didn't hurt though.

I think the discussion of the hero is a little more complex than just "his ult is hard to micro" is all I'm trying to get across. If it was *just* because of micro than I don't think Visage and Chen would be so well received whereas Meepo and Brewmaster are not.

but it doesnt tell me how to get dota stuff into the program

its all tf2 assets

http://wyksblog.com/guide-dota-2-content-in-sfm/

That combined with this:

http://pastebin.com/dXHqefvj

Nah cause meepo has existed far longer than changed aghs brew. It's a new playstyle that people haven't adapted to yet.

So how about not sucks... just not used to.

And I don't feel it's been explored by people really either because of fotm stuff, or the meta, or people just haven't bothered.

I hope I see him crush ti4.

I think the discussion of the hero is a little more complex than just "his ult is hard to micro" is all I'm trying to get across. If it was *just* because of micro than I don't think Visage and Chen would be so well received whereas Meepo and Brewmaster are not.
Odd comparison, mismicroing as Visage and Chen means feeding a bit of gold and exp. Mismicroing as Meepo or during Brew ult usually means you die, there is less room for mistakes and it's rare for those mistakes not to be punished in pro games, while in pub games you can get away with a lot.

Razzer

I found out today that Tide is ownage, and the easiest hero in the game. Anchor Smash is also ownage, and only getting better with the patch. Offlane Tide better become a bigger thing.

Gofu

Banned
Why is something dumb in this thread just because Hylian says it?

because hes being serious and the others arent

Did you even read his posts or did you just skim, assume it's whatever is in your head and write your post?

Seriously, stop being an ass.

i read his posts, they were full of him posting wrong shit like it would work or made sense. he needs to stop thinking he is super knowledgeable about the game and realize that just because he has an opinion, doesnt make that opinion correct or legitimate

Hylian7

But that isn't my argument at all. Meepo's problem has always been how susceptible he has been to AoE disable and lack of a BKB option.

Chen and Visage don't have that problem as killing their extra units doesn't kill them, thus they are not completely useless if one of their units gets disabled and killed. Meepo on the other hand involves clumping up on one guy to kill him, which you can see how this can be a problem.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

G.ZZZ

because hes being serious and the others arent

i read his posts, they were full of him posting wrong shit like it would work or made sense. he needs to stop thinking he is super knowledgeable about the game and realize that just because he has an opinion, doesnt make that opinion correct or legitimate

:nofunallowed.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is what patch deprivation does to people.

Beardz

I found out today that Tide is ownage, and the easiest hero in the game. Anchor Smash is also ownage, and only getting better with the patch. Offlane Tide better become a bigger thing.

Tide relies too much on his ult, just like Warlock... BUT, if you have Tide with blink, Warlock, Phoenix and two carries you will win all pub matches you want.

BeesEight

Odd comparison, mismicroing as Visage and Chen means feeding a bit of gold and exp. Mismicroing as Meepo or during Brew ult usually means you die, there is less room for mistakes and it's rare for those mistakes not to be punished in pro games, while in pub games you can get away with a lot.

But that isn't my argument at all. Meepo's problem has always been how susceptible he has been to AoE disable and lack of a BKB option.

Chen and Visage don't have that problem as killing their extra units doesn't kill them, thus they are not completely useless if one of their units gets disabled and killed. Meepo on the other hand involves clumping up on one guy to kill him, which you can see how this can be a problem.

I am not trying to say these heroes are comparable - that's my point. The "degree of micro" doesn't really give you a good judgement of a hero's worth. I don't think the problem with Brewmaster is his ultimate is difficult to micro. I meant only to comment that Steve's post was slightly reductionist on the hero is all.

I feel the reason we don't see Brewmaster and why he isn't a strong hero is because of the role he fulfills. If you're looking at picking up a Brewmaster, you're looking for someone to initiate. The issue with this, however, is that he is a large investment for a very short window of effectiveness. Unlike other large initiators - Enigma, Earthshaker, Tidehunter - Brewmaster needs quite a bit of farm to do his job. He needs Scepter and Blink for this to be effective (otherwise, his ult isn't really that hard to micro since you have a total of... three abilities). Brew is an excellent anti-carry but all of his spells are stopped by bkb and his initiation isn't fast enough to prevent the carry from protecting themself. So, Brew needs to get both the Scepter and Blink as fast as he can before he essentially becomes irrelevant when the opposing team has a bkb farmed up.

In comparison, Earthshaker, Tide and Enigma still offer good initiation well into the late game even with a few bkbs coming up because of the large scale stuns they can apply to the whole team. Furthermore, Brewmaster's ultimate is of such a long cooldown which is inherently less valuable the shorter games go. Since forty plus minute long farm fests are almost a thing of the past, you want your long cooldown ultimates to have a really big impact every time they come up. I feel that Blackhole, Ravage and Echoslam when compared to Primal Split well outclass Brew's in those categories.

Finally, you have the trouble of where do you lane him? He needs farm but isn't going to do well in the mid or offlane. If he's your initiator, you're not giving him safelane farm just to show up in the mid-game with quickly growing irrelevant items.

So... yeah. I disagree with Steve that the only problem with Brew is that he's tricky to micro.

And I don't feel it's been explored by people really either because of fotm stuff, or the meta, or people just haven't bothered.

I would love to see more Brew and for him to do amazing at TI. He used to be one of my favourite heroes and I will admit the reworking of his scepter upgrade certainly made me stop playing him since I don't have the skill of pros to use it to its maximum efficiency. I'm just sad to see him flounder so much in irrelevancy for last while.

sixghost

http://wyksblog.com/guide-dota-2-content-in-sfm/

That combined with this:

http://pastebin.com/dXHqefvj

Nah cause meepo has existed far longer than changed aghs brew. It's a new playstyle that people haven't adapted to yet.

I think it would be cool to see someone try 1 position Brew like he was used in TI2. If you get the aghs upgrade early enough it's so much more effective. A big problem with mid brew is that by the time you get upgraded boots, blink, and aghs, people have BKBs.

Razzer

The other hero I think is underutilized in competitive is Beastmaster. With Blink or Agh's his ult is a ridiculously long range initiation, which makes him amazing for picking off rats, and ganking too. If you combined him with something like a Slark carry he would be awesome I reckon.

FACE

Banned
The other hero I think is underutilized in competitive is Beastmaster. With Blink or Agh's his ult is a ridiculously long range initiation, which makes him amazing for picking off rats, and ganking too. If you combined him with something like a Slark carry he would be awesome I reckon.

And his ult goes through BKB.

Edit: Team Dog just tapped out in the most anti-climatic way possible on the ESL One qualifiers: http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared

Top Bottom