• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

shira

ibleI7FzLalGKS.png

rekt

BeesEight

The other hero I think is underutilized in competitive is Beastmaster. With Blink or Agh's his ult is a ridiculously long range initiation, which makes him amazing for picking off rats, and ganking too. If you combined him with something like a Slark carry he would be awesome I reckon.

Yeah, I'm not sure why he hasn't seen more play. Maybe with his 6.81 buff teams will remember he exists?

Zeth

Rtz is literally the number 1 player on the servers he queues for. I'm not sure valve could ever provide match making that was to his liking. He should probably stick to scrims and inhouse leagues in his free time if he wants a "proper" game or whatever.

Yeah you can't expect pro level people even at that level of MM apparently.

Love when RTZ spams ">I am going to buy Tango" and manically pings his teammates when no one will pool him. That Treant he laned with yesterday was absolutely hilarious, I'm hoping someone saved the highlights He was fighting for last hits and replying to everything with "No u". RTZ gave up and went ROAMING INVOKER
with cinematic cam

Love when RTZ spams ">I am going to buy Tango" and manically pings his teammates when no one will pool him. That Treant he laned with yesterday was absolutely hilarious, I'm hoping someone saved the highlights He was fighting for last hits and replying to everything with "No u". RTZ gave up and went ROAMING INVOKER
with cinematic cam
If he streamed it, it's saved on his Twitch accounts recordings.

Hylian7

with cinematic cam
I always hate it when mids ask for Tangos in pub games. Sure, you get your bottle faster or whatever but your team is not that coordinated and you have no idea if your teammate is prepared to survive their lane without that extra regen. Just buy your own tango, it isn't that expensive, don't be greedy.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What's the interaction between Telekinesis and Icarus Dive? I tried to lift Phoenix during his dive but it not only failed to affect him, it consumed my mana and put telekinesis on cooldown. That kind of seems like bullshit.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What's the interaction between Telekinesis and Icarus Dive? I tried to lift Phoenix during his dive but it not only failed to affect him, it consumed my mana and put telekinesis on cooldown. That kind of seems like bullshit.

That sounds like a bug considering you can stun him out of it

rac

Banned
I always hate it when mids ask for Tangos in pub games. Sure, you get your bottle faster or whatever but your team is not that coordinated and you have no idea if your teammate is prepared to survive their lane without that extra regen. Just buy your own tango, it isn't that expensive, don't be greedy.

Getting one tango from two people doesn't seem like a very big deal. Also if my mid/carry asks for a tp and I was a support with the gold to buy one I'd give it to them.

edit: Supporting isn't always about just getting your safe lane carry maximum farm.

Hylian7

Getting one tango from two people doesn't seem like a very big deal. Also if my mid/carry asks for a tp and I was a support with the gold to buy one I'd give it to them.

edit: Supporting isn't always about just getting your safe lane carry maximum farm.
Sure, and the TP thing is also understandable. However part of your job as a support is to not feed (unless it is tactical feed Techies, and maybe even VS now), and in an average pub match, people will make plenty of mistakes, and it doesn't help when they are out of regen because they gave the rest they would have had to the mid before creep spawn. I'm not against sharing regen of course, I'm just saying it should be used situationally. I know I've shared regen as a safe lane carry because my supports took some hits when we got some kills, or somehow they got focused and I didn't, or I simply don't need it anymore and am already getting a Ring Of Health.

Zeth

I agree and I think it's 100% reasonable to expect people not to do it. That just makes it funnier when you see a pro player in a pub match doing the most stereotypical freakout when a player refuses to share regen. For a few minutes he was like "what the FUCK man it's ONE tango" - I think the irony finally hit him and he laughed it off.

rac

Banned
Sure, and the TP thing is also understandable. However part of your job as a support is to not feed (unless it is tactical feed Techies, and maybe even VS now), and in an average pub match, people will make plenty of mistakes, and it doesn't help when they are out of regen because they gave the rest they would have had to the mid before creep spawn. I'm not against sharing regen of course, I'm just saying it should be used situationally. I know I've shared regen as a safe lane carry because my supports took some hits when we got some kills, or somehow they got focused and I didn't, or I simply don't need it anymore and am already getting a Ring Of Health.

If your'e feeding I don't think one tango is gonna help you.

Hylian7

If your'e feeding I don't think one tango is gonna help you.
But consider the fact that that one Tango could be the difference between a support walking back to base and not walking back to base, missing out on kills, possible farm, and helping the carry or the rest of the team.

sixghost

But consider the fact that that one Tango could be the difference between a support walking back to base and not walking back to base, missing out on kills, possible farm, and helping the carry or the rest of the team.

How does that not also apply to the mid? I'd rather my safelane Rubick head back to base then my mid Ember Spirit.

Yet people keep telling me that Blink on WK is bad.

I should start playing with a different party.

Yes you should. Blink is bad on no one.

Random question is there a mod that changes the "(blank) pwned (blank's) head for X gold" to something not lame

You don't even need a mod you can literally just open up the txt files and type whatever you want.

Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\resource

The mid would have bought his own tangos

Don't be greedy, pooling one or two tangos isn't expensive!

sixghost

The mid would have bought his own tangos
Why are you assuming the mid asks for regen because he's greedy and not because he thinks those are the starting items he needs to do well in lane? There are plenty of mids that need to head to lane with lots of stat items to be able to last hit.

Low Tier
you guys are idiots it legit takes 30 gold away from each of your supports to give mid enough regen to last until he gets bottle, and it means he can get it 3 last hits earlier. If you people are too selfish to give your mid player a tango when requested, just dont pick support at all. Honestly look at yourself before you start flaming your mid for wanting a pool so he can stay ahead mid. If the enemy gets pooled tangos and your mid has to buy his own, that's a 125 gold disadvantage, and when it comes down to first bottle, first boots, you have honestly thrown away a large part of the midgame for your team by refusing to pool a tango just so you could sit in your lane a little longer and leech a little more exp.

Hylian I would think for someone who instalocks mid every fucking game you'd understand such a crucial concept but I guess not maybe look into that maybe thats why youve lost so much mmr recently because you just dont understand how mid works huh

For the longest time 3 tangos were enough. I don't see a problem with sparing one. Heck in most of my games, I end up not using most of my tangos anyways. I generally have like 1 or 2 leftover after laning phase.

Hylian7

Why are you assuming the mid asks for regen because he's greedy and not because he thinks those are the starting items he needs to do well in lane? There are plenty of mids that need to head to lane with lots of stat items to be able to last hit.
Because mids were able to do it all these years without pooled tangos, what changed? On top of that, 90% of the mids I see that do it have the ol' 3 Branch, one or two pooled tangos (or Blade of Attack with pooled tangos on Invoker, who usually rushes a Midas). I have even seen people ask for it when they RANDOMED. If that isn't pure greed I don't know what is.

Razzer

Because mids were able to do it all these years without pooled tangos, what changed? On top of that, 90% of the mids I see that do it have the ol' 3 Branch, one or two pooled tangos (or Blade of Attack with pooled tangos on Invoker, who usually rushes a Midas). I have even seen people ask for it when they RANDOMED. If that isn't pure greed I don't know what is.

They always asked, it just used to be that yo gave them a whole set rather than shared ones.

Hylian7

They always asked, it just used to be that yo gave them a whole set rather than shared ones.
And this was a less common occurrence than it is now since we have shared Tangos, but it was an even greedier thing to do back then. You are not delaying your bottle/whatever very much by buying yourself a set of tangos. Even in a rough mid, you can usually get it by 2 minutes.

docbon

Support lyfe ain't always glamorous broseph, and many mids weren't able to do it. And fed. And lost the game. Now that that tangos can be pooled, we should be using this feature rather than falling back on some old time excuses.

7c6n.png

dis thread

but are you tango... or notango

what do you mean what changed

what changed was the fact that you could actually pool tangos instead of just handing him a stack

Hylian7

Support lyfe ain't always glamorous broseph, and many mids weren't able to do it. And fed. And lost the game. Now that that tangos can be pooled, we should be using this feature rather than falling back on some old time excuses.

but are you tango... or notango

Shared Tangos won't win you a lane against an OD.
Unless you are Lone Druid and in that case you already won the lane because you are Lone Druid against an OD.

what do you mean what changed

what changed was the fact that you could actually pool tangos instead of just handing him a stack

Fair enough, but asking for a full stack back in the day was not as common as it is now.

Razzer

Shared Tangos won't win you a lane against an OD.
Unless you are Lone Druid and in that case you already won the lane because you are Lone Druid against an OD.

Fair enough, but asking for a full stack back in the day was not as common as it is now.

Why bring up such a specific case as evidence for your argument? Yes, there are cases where pooled tangoes would not make a difference mid. However, due to the nature of mid, where getting more last hits and denies than your opponent in the first 2-3 waves is so important, letting a mid spend there starting gold on a null or something makes a far bigger difference than the support being in lane for an extra minute. And even in cases where it isn't so important, I'd rather get their items quicker than the support get exp quicker. Going to and from fountain as a support is just something you do, it's part of the role.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

People these days rarely ask for full stacks, most mids ask for 1 tango from each support (at most 2 from one support). It was uncommon back in the day because the support was forced to give up nearly ALL his regen to help out the mid, and oftentimes that was overkill for both parties. Recent patches alleviated this problem.

Now two supports can each give the mid 1 tango and still have 3 to themselves in lane. Three is more than enough for each of the supports and the 2 extra tangos give mid a pretty significant advantage.

Hylian7

Why bring up such a specific case as evidence for your argument? Yes, there are cases where pooled tangoes would not make a difference mid. However, due to the nature of mid, where getting more last hits and denies than your opponent in the first 2-3 waves is so important, letting a mid spend there starting gold on a null or something makes a far bigger difference than the support being in lane for an extra minute. And even in cases where it isn't so important, I'd rather get their items quicker than the support get exp quicker. Going to and from fountain as a support is just something you do, it's part of the role.

I agree Null Talisman starts suck to go against, but they are still beatable. I wouldn't think supports should be going to and from fountain, as their XPM falls off hard that way. Again, that is a reason I dread playing support. I always feel so useless and am usually the first one to die in fights because I am already so far behind.

I wonder if we'll see this patch tonight. Hasn't been much valve activity on the dev forums, maybe they'll just release it and fix bugs later on in the week, since most are all just relatively minor

Lotto

Axe has the best ultimate in the game. Best animation, best sound, best everything. MSS on Axe dunking Empire like no tomorrow in game 4 ESL LAN qualifiers.

FACE

Banned
Resolution playing Ember about as well as Arteezy did on Starladder.

Axe has the best ultimate in the game. Best animation, best sound, best everything. MSS on Axe dunking Empire like no tomorrow in game 4 ESL LAN qualifiers.

Nah, that'd be Sanity's Eclipse.

G.ZZZ

VALVE PLZ GIFF PATCH, PPL GETTING VIOLENT

kvk1

I wonder what percentage of the player base is completely disconnected from the online communities and unaware that patches are even coming until it starts downloading on their main client.

dmshaposv

Axe announcer/mega kills is also the best, followed by GlaDoS. The rest are average and the recent clockwerk being esp. Weak.

Timbersaw and ogre magi would make amazing announcers.

Top Bottom