• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Match id?

And yeah, with his agi gain you'd think more people would figure that out. I keep seeing people rush a naked aghs and then get destroyed in ganks. If you're going to ignore armor items like Shiva or AC early, at least get something like a basi or a medallion lol or devour a wildkin.

How do you build and lane him?

I have actually been rushing Midas. Then Treads then im usually seeing what needs to be built for the team after that. I almost always go Jungle/Lane so i can devour as much as i can then pop scorching earth and push the lane a bit.

You can also try soul ring on timber, in a build like Arcanes -> Soul Ring -> Atos. If you drop arcanes before using soul ring, and drop atos before using arcanes you'll have a fair bit of mana regen. Not as much as bloodstone obv, but you get the atos active which is neat with chakram.

Pratfall

At my MMR, someone picking Io is the same as them picking to play a ranged creep that gives the enemy a 12 kill head start. No one knows how that hero works.

legit chillax bro I know the loss of the grammar wars has been hard on you, but I want you to know, it's going to be OK pro. we're going to make it through this, trust me, just take a xanax.

What I want to know is who started the trend first: you or 1.09. Because I feel like I saw him saying it and now legit, people who aren't even associated say it.

Calidor

At my MMR, someone picking Io is the same as them picking to play a ranged creep that gives the enemy a 12 kill head start. No one knows how that hero works.

I'd say that Wisp farming happens at every MMR bracket... I tend to look at DotaTV page 1 Wisp games (I love wisp) and when the Wisp players are not queueing with someone, they feed repeatedly

One of the most fun heroes to play, but man so squishy

inkls

I have actually been rushing Midas. Then Treads then im usually seeing what needs to be built for the team after that. I almost always go Jungle/Lane so i can devour as much as i can then pop scorching earth and push the lane a bit.

Midas isn't so bad since its around 50% of an aghs price, so you have around 2k gold you can spend on a platemail for example.

I like to grab basi + phase before my lvl 6 gank and then judging from the state of my team I'll decide if I need a midas or not (I'm able to finish it at 10min max usually).

Because rushing a midas can be risky since its an item for the late game, so you'll be at a disadvantage early and you'll be vulnerable at 0 armor in the jungle (unless you jungle exclusively with the wildkin aura).

Speaking of Doom, I remember a discussion I had with Steve a couple of weeks ago about LVL? Death. I don't have anything to record my games and upload to youtube, but here's the stats I got:

Vs Pudge:

1k hp = 475 dmg (47.5%) - 356.25 dmg (with 25% mr)(35% of hp) - 313.5 dmg (34% mr from flesh heap)(31% of hp) - 223 dmg (with 54% mr with flesh heap and hood)(22% of hp)

2k hp = 675 dmg - 506.2 dmg (25.31% of hp) - 445.5 dmg (22.28% of hp) - 310.5 dmg (15.25% of hp)

3k hp = 875 dmg - 656.25 dmg (21.88% of hp) - 577.5 dmg (19.25% of hp) - 402.5 dmg (13.41% of hp)

4k hp = 1,075 dmg - 806.25 dmg (20%) - 709.5 dmg (17% of hp) - 494.5 dmg (12%)

5k hp = 1,275 dmg - 956.25 (19.13%) - 841.5 dmg (16.83%) - 586.5 dmg (11.73%)

I don't think its crap with the scaling and you can apply the 25% mr to any hero who doesn't buy MR.

^^^
and i said lvl death is good ultra late

i just said its not worth the mana early when the points are better put into scorched and devour

Better do a Reddit post about that, because the dev forums are usually ignored.
1. As they should be.
2. This patch kind of shows they aren't...
3. The dev forums suck.

Hylian7

1. As they should be.
2. This patch kind of shows they aren't...
3. The dev forums suck.
To be fair, the whole point of the Dev forums was for feedback on the game, mainly on bugs and such, for the developers. Unfortunately it is the cesspool it is now.

Unfortunately Reddit isn't much better with it's random unresolved bans.

inkls

^^^
and i said lvl death is good ultra late

i just said its not worth the mana early when the points are better put into scorched and devour

Oh like in the original discussion, I agree. I thought I heard you say it was a crap spell, but I might have missed a "in the early game" part of the comment. I also thought that the early game included 20-30 mins in, or is that considered mid-game?

traveler

Not Wario
It's almost midnight where I am. Considering the fact, that US popualtion is minority among Dota 2 players, I'd be glad if they thought about us poor souls.

What? They kind of need to be in the office to work on the patch. It's just past 9 am PST now, which would mean- if they are like a standard us business- they're just now getting to the office. (or have been there around an hour if they're 8-5)

Hmm, I'm not familiarized with the dev forums. Why are they so bad?
It is a forum for bugs and maybe ideas about stuff.

There is a thread on the hour, every hour about whatever the bitch of the week is (mutes, bans, peru/russia/mexicans, op heroes) made by some random dude who signed up just to tell valve they will never play this game again and they will tell all their friends if they don't fix it.

If anyone says this thread shouldn't exist, that this is a forum for bugs OHMG U VALVE WHIT NITE GAME SUCKS

There are good threads there, I've reported bugs there, it's just you can only have so much discussion about how some buff placer doesn't show up right so it's become a "discussion" board instead of a bug repository. It's barely moderated so you get terrible threads constantly and then there are just super wierdos who hang out in that Patch anticipation station and just talk to each other about their jobs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hmm, I'm not familiarized with the dev forums. Why are they so bad?

Eh, the only main issue is the misc board, the rest of the site has very low activity because the majority of bugs have been identified over the years. The misc board has a bunch of people complaining and just general shit posting. The board is not really something that was set up for general conversation, and more for feedback and bug reporting.

Valve is also very slow to fix some bugs, which is discouraging for some people. Like they just fixed an issue with Soul Ring I reported over two years ago.

Hylian7

There is a thread on the hour, every hour about whatever the bitch of the week is (mutes, bans, peru/russia/mexicans, op heroes) made by some random dude who signed up just to tell valve they will never play this game again and they will tell all their friends if they don't fix it.

If anyone says this thread shouldn't exist, that this is a forum for bugs OHMG U VALVE WHIT NITE GAME SUCKS

There are good threads there, I've reported bugs there, it's just you can only have so much discussion about how some buff placer doesn't show up right so it's become a "discussion" board instead of a bug repository. It's barely moderated so you get terrible threads constantly and then there are just super wierdos who hang out in that Patch anticipation station and just talk to each other about their jobs.
You must have spent so much more time there than you can be proud of. I'm sorry.

I dunno why I never bothered getting blink dagger with Nyx Assassin despite seeing the pros do it. I guess I've always thought of him as a single target ganker. Anyways played another shitty game with Nyx last night (went up against a kunkka mid- everything was fine and I had him on the ropes until his teammate leshrac showed up while I was diving him and I paid dearly from that point on in laning phase). After that I decided just to go straight for blink dagger and was able to recover from my poor start. Never again will I go dagon first ...

FACE

Banned

Sounds pretty terrible, but at the very least Thacker might've found a home there.

Thanks for the answers.

Edit:

Go read the forum about matchmaking for 5 minutes. It makes Thacker look like a fluffy kitten.

Wow :eek:

Beardz

BS gives you 500 HP and a little extra HP regen

But when if you die twice, or even more and end with one charge? You now have a 5k doorstop

Atos into Shivas gives you +/- the same amount of EHP (350 hp + 15 armor), and its way more practical to have the Atos slow and the Shivas frost blast in team fights at the 30 min mark than a Bloodstone that will give you a tiny bit of extra regen

Im not saying Bloodstone is bad on Timber

Im saying its a silly greedy pub build that will cripple you in the long run

(This isnt bullshit theory crafting. I have a 60% winrate over 70 games on Timber)

My build with Timber is:

Arcane boots > Vanguard > Bloodstone (dismantle Arcane boots) > Shivas > Whatever

102 games, 61% win rate

http://dotabuff.com/players/81325560

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
bloodstone > blink

I like this one.

As much as I dislike Bloodstone as an item, I think it's too good on timber to pass up. Health, mana, and mana regen are all he needs to get off the ground. With how mobile the hero is with timber chain you can keep those charges and do your best to be close enough to get them, you always want to be fighting if you can.

Blink is monstrous on him now, it was good before as a luxury before, but now if you're having a hard game you can go something like arc boots, point booster, blink and use it to fight your way to that bloodstone. See that hour+ long game that hylian casted of mine a a bunch of pages back. I had an awful, awful start, went blink, got bloodstone and clawed my way into relevance as late as 30ish mins in.

Since we seem to have to append our timbersaw winrates to our item opinion posts I have 69.xx% win.

sixghost

I like this one.

As much as I dislike Bloodstone as an item, I think it's too good on timber to pass up. Health, mana, and mana regen are all he needs to get off the ground. With how mobile the hero is with timber chain you can keep those charges and do your best to be close enough to get them, you always want to be fighting if you can.

Blink is monstrous on him now, it was good before as a luxury before, but now if you're having a hard game you can go something like arc boots, point booster, blink and use it to fight your way to that bloodstone. See that hour+ long game that hylian casted of mine a a bunch of pages back. I had an awful, awful start, went blink, got bloodstone and clawed my way into relevance as late as 30ish mins in.

Since we seem to have to append our timbersaw winrates to our item opinion posts I have 69.xx% win.

I used to build blink and force on Timber if the game was a stomp and I wanted to have some fun. After a while I realized that blink was a genuinely good item on him. Blink, whirling death, chakram, chain out does so much damage.

Top Bottom