• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Hylian7

VALVE PLZ GIFF PATCH, PPL GETTING VIOLENT
You have a funny definition of violence. He is just putting forward his point about the subject.

I think the patch isn't hitting till Wednesday or Thursday. Remember when they used to always patch on those days?

I wonder what percentage of the player base is completely disconnected from the online communities and unaware that patches are even coming until it starts downloading on their main client.

I always wonder that about a lot of games.

I wish there was an easy to way to measure this, I think it would be really interesting and I'd wager that while maybe Dota 2's is rather involved relative to most other video games, it'd still be smaller than most people think.

Kade

I wish there was an easy to way to measure this, I think it would be really interesting and I'd wager that while maybe Dota 2's is rather involved relative to most other video games, it'd still be smaller than most people think.

There's also the front page of the blog in the biggest frame of the client so everyone's greeted to the big SPRING CLEANING UPDATE banner. There's probably a sizeable group of people who launch the game and their eyes and cursor go straight to the Play tab though.

Razzer

You have a funny definition of violence. He is just putting forward his point about the subject.

I think the patch isn't hitting till Wednesday or Thursday. Remember when they used to always patch on those days?

Hylian your inability to recognize sarcasm is adorable and one of the reasons you are one of my fave posters. He's saying it cus I'm so mellow (almost) all the time.

G.ZZZ Huskar really is awful stop picking him pls.

kvk1

I think so as well.

Even with all the forums, subreddits, etc. the most prevalent communities still represent the "vocal minority."

Must be nice to just play this game and not bitch about it on the internet.

:D

I wonder what percentage of the player base is completely disconnected from the online communities and unaware that patches are even coming until it starts downloading on their main client.

I saw someone yesterday complaining on the dev forums that Helm of the Dominator wasn't working with Fury Swipes and was frustrated the notes on the site were not active.

Valve should maybe be more careful about that.

I think so as well.

Even with all the forums, subreddits, etc. the most prevalent communities still represent the "vocal minority."

Must be nice to just play this game and not bitch about it on the internet.

:D
Yes and instead bitch at your teammates. I don't think it's possible to play this game and never get angry, but I think that about every multiplayer game. Maybe I just have anger issues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Actually, want to hear something funny? That tournament is sponsored by e-club Malaysia
http://e-clubmalaysia.com/dota2/?p=9750

From the looks of it, e-Club actually seem somewhat proactive in their local tournament scene, there is links to all the local competitions, tournament information, and sign ups information. They even set up a small 'Pubstomp' for the Star Ladder finals.

Someone goofed

I'm surprised it took this long to notice, but that item doesn't exist and the ticket does not grant the item despite the ticket saying so

Valve needs to be more careful with accepting ticket imagery.
It's a known issue, the next patch will be replacing that ticket's imagery.

U3uTFNf.png

Karakand

But consider the fact that that one Tango could be the difference between a support walking back to base and not walking back to base, missing out on kills, possible farm, and helping the carry or the rest of the team.

At pub level people aren't maximizing efficiency and this isn't a huge sacrifice. A lot of the trendy supports can passably jungle now to catch up anyway.

It's a small (and easy) contribution to make to your mid. I wish I was confident enough in my own mid abilities to ask my teammates for pooled tangoes, tbh.

G.ZZZ

M.D

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
YOLO Wraith King and two Axe games. Clearly Dog will keep on rekking if they keep on playing manly.

Arkanius

I quit trying to play Necrophos until 6.81 hits.
I keep calling my lanes, and being the first pick, and everyone picks a carry (Ember Spirit or whatever flavour of the month is) and asks me to support.

The flying fuck.

Sibylus

Banned
I quit trying to play Necrophos until 6.81 hits.
I keep calling my lanes, and being the first pick, and everyone picks a carry (Ember Spirit or whatever flavour of the month is) and asks me to support.

The flying fuck.
With 1200 range Heartstopper, I kinda want to try some silly early game idle jungling.

In a bot game.

Razzer

So because some guy on Reddit was talking about it I tried jungle tide in the test client with the new patch. I was low and a single support rotating would have butchered me, but I got 14 mins basi arcane blink. Not bad, went better than I expected.

Top Bottom