• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

lol...
If I kept at it hardcore for the past few months maybe in some regard... Legit think about it. Pay and prospects are still not good. IDK maybe I just hold myself back so I don't fail and 'waste' time. :[

Wait is that actually from today? Hot damn.

wF4xCGR.png

*nods*

"Thank you for blessing not molested sister after the"

Uhm.

Was going to mention how everyone in AR and SD seems to be way nicer than the other modes but then I played my last game.

I have to go Offlane PA(which is fine, it's AR), so I don't get much farm. Somehow got to 5-0 early game with some easy kills. SS keeps whining that our mid won't rotate when Pudge comes top, which was kind of fair even though it was Medusa. Problem is he won't buy wards or upgrade the courier even though he's our only support. They start playing the blame game 15 minutes in and game was lost as soon as that started.

I'm okay with someone being bad and not knowing how to play. I'm not okay with "who cares, Dusa is bad we're playing 4v5" after I ask SS to buy wards.

I would've bought them myself but I just completely turned off by that point. My biggest mistake was not putting them on ignore and arguing with them.

It's a gigantic patch that they put on the test client a week ahead for a reason and I'm assuming most valve devs don't work on Saturday/Sunday. Wouldn't be surprised if they will continue testing and bugfixing from now until Thursday, though maybe we'll get lucky and get it tomorrow.

Valve never said anything other than this week as far as release goes. People just assumed Monday for some reason.
Fair enough, I was really looking forward to it :(

Ketch

Was going to mention how everyone in AR and SD seems to be way nicer than the other modes but then I played my last game.

I have to go Offlane PA(which is fine, it's AR), so I don't get much farm. Somehow got to 5-0 early game with some easy kills. SS keeps whining that our mid won't rotate when Pudge comes top, which was kind of fair even though it was Medusa. Problem is he won't buy wards or upgrade the courier even though he's our only support. They start playing the blame game 15 minutes in and game was lost as soon as that started.

I'm okay with someone being bad and not knowing how to play. I'm not okay with "who cares, Dusa is bad we're playing 4v5" after I ask SS to buy wards.

I would've bought them myself but I just completely turned off by that point. My biggest mistake was not putting them on ignore and arguing with them.

Yea a BM team is like instant lose... It's like impossible to win when you're just argueing with teammates. If people are trash talking, even if it's not directed at me, I just mute and carry on. End up buying wards and flying alot, even while playing offlane... which sucks because it's hard to get gold in the first place... but it's better then not having them.

Nymerio

AR and SD can be hit and miss. Though I do believe that overall people there are a bit more friendlier. Not by much though. Just yesterday I played with 3 friends and a couple minutes in the two random team members start berating our team and calling for us to report my friend who was playing Faceless Void. Another couple minutes later we're winning and they keep saying how awesome our team is and that everyone should be commended.

Aaron

idk
life is hard

I feel like my generation has been promised the world, but then we're all shits who don't know what to pick or how to really go after something.
Every generation feels that way. Every last one. Only a very few of them end up doing anything really big. That's just the way things are.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Every generation feels that way. Every last one. Only a very few of them end up doing anything really big. That's just the way things are.
I don't feel like other generations have had the internet to answer every problem asked instantaneously and meticulously detail why certain things are they way they are.

At the same time it also basically empowers you to do anything if you set your mind to it, I feel. So then I feel bad for being so hesitant and non-committal.

Acinixys

Probably, but this game is dead anyway and it's sorta kinda related. Time to check out HotS, I forgot I had that one too.

If you can actually play and enjoy HotS then i feel sorry for you. Its such a disgustingly trash game

Rather go play Hearthstone. At least that takes skill (unless youre vs a asshole murlock rush deck warlock what scumbags)

G.ZZZ

I've done some calculations and so far my hunch has been proven correct in th sense that satanic is much, much better than heart as a lategame item for huskar. Problem is that halberd, armlet are all amazing and much easier to buildup on an hero that basically can't farm. Armlet is amazing because it allow you to engage in fights already at half life and then get 400 burst hp when you're low, much like mrkanism. Halberd is amazing against rightclickers who don't get bkb, and evasion +str are all you want on huskar. It may be optimal to get meka + one between armlet and halberd depending on the game into sstanic. Dominate frost ogre obviously.

lol...
If I kept at it hardcore for the past few months maybe in some regard... Legit think about it. Pay and prospects are still not good. IDK maybe I just hold myself back so I don't fail and 'waste' time. :[
What's "wasting" time though? If you want to spend your time a certain way why is that a waste of time? There's a Seinfeld scene talking about his but I can't find it.

The only thing I'd count as wasting time is doing something you don't want to be doing that doesn't lead to something you do want to do.

Lucifon

Not been in here in a while - do people really think they're going to add new heroes with this patch? Usually they make a bigger hoorah over new heroes, but this just seems like a balance patch to me in time for TI.

Are new heroes already on the test servers or something? Could be stretch goals for the compendium I guess.

elyetis

Not been in here in a while - do people really think they're going to add new heroes with this patch? Usually they make a bigger hoorah over new heroes, but this just seems like a balance patch to me in time for TI.

Are new heroes already on the test servers or something? Could be stretch goals for the compendium I guess.
It's more of a wishful thinking given the lack content update for the last 3 month, which would make you have the expectation that it wasn't just for the sake of a bugfix+balance update.
Then there is the fact that 2-3 hero should be at least really close to being done ( but you still need to use the Valve time™ multiplier ) from what was found in the files.

1. Why are people reporting Oracle bugs on the critical test client bug report section
2. Why is Valve fixing Oracle bugs reported

His ult can be used on enemies now, as it should. But it was bugged before last night, was reported and fixed (and undocumented).

Seems like a waste of time to fix something for an unimplemented hero, but whatever, I guess it'd have to be fixed eventually.

Jakiro's Macropyre has been updated in the second patch with a new sound effect and tweaks to his particles.

http://a.pomf.se/axynyb.webm

This is sexy

Dave is ok is on the right tracks in my opinion. Need to raise more money and sell the compendium again for those that bought last time round. Some were left unimpressed,

sephi22

1. Why are people reporting Oracle bugs on the critical test client bug report section
2. Why is Valve fixing Oracle bugs reported

His ult can be used on enemies now, as it should. But it was bugged before last night, was reported and fixed (and undocumented).
You are mistaken.
His ult can only be used on allies, was always used on allies, even in the test patch.
What was bugged was purifying flames not working on enemies, as it took his nuke damage from 960 in 4-5 seconds to only 300 (which is still balanced IMO).

The second bug patch reversed this, and nothing about the ult.

Nymerio

i lost a game when our cm wouldnt buy courier and instead went Shadow Blade and Aghs before Mek and Drums...

Some of the people you meet playing this game are amazing. Had a game recently where a bounty hunter abandoned his lane top and came to our bot lane. He just waited invis at the side shop and tried to command the witchdoctor to stack jungle for him while he's hanging out with the shop keeper. He even tried to farm a battlefury as his first item.

You are mistaken.
His ult can only be used on allies, was always used on allies, even in the test patch.
What was bugged was purifying flames not working on enemies, as it took his nuke damage from 960 in 4-5 seconds to only 300 (which is still balanced IMO).

I just had the wrong ability.

FACE

Banned
You are mistaken.

I thought that was an intended nerf, boo.

Morzak

So got into Dota again over the last 2 weeks, played about 40 matches I think, god damn I suck.... Really have to work on my positioning and map awareness not to speak of my ability to last hit, if I don't support.

elyetis

You are mistaken.

So what people thought was them balancing the hero so that he wouldn't be brokenly OP, was just a bug now fixed ?

Top Bottom