• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Seriously. With most teams I can tell that they're playing like trash or they're goofing off (like Na'vi sometimes does). But with C9 I legitimately can't tell. That Rosh Pit greed is one of the dumbest things I've seen that I can't believe they didn't see that coming.

KingKong

Seriously. With most teams I can tell that they're playing like trash or they're goofing off (like Na'vi sometimes does). But with C9 I legitimately can't tell. That Rosh Pit greed is one of the dumbest things I've seen that I can't believe they didn't see that coming.

it seems like Fnatic dont have enough skill to win the big tournaments but C9 is just too unstable to do so

xKebob

Well you can tell that they wanting to go all in since they gg'd so fast,I guess they thought fnatic will win if they get aegis and that they could take it with the golem before h4nni could come back from fountain

Divvy

it seems like Fnatic dont have enough skill to win the big tournaments but C9 is just too unstable to do so

Yeah, on their best days C9 is one of the best teams in the world, but from the interviews I've watched, they're a bunch of slackers that don't care half the time.

sephi22

Why is Valve dragging its feet with this fucking patch?
Just bring it. I wanna buy hats

Yeah, on their best days C9 is one of the best teams in the world, but from the interviews I've watched, they're a bunch of slackers that don't care half the time.

They need A-God

Zeth

Why is Valve dragging its feet with this fucking patch?
Just bring it. I wanna buy hats

I want to buy hats as well. I'm hoping $85 might cover everything. Not expecting any Arcanas right? Those set chests with no keys seem nice. I like what they're doing.

sephi22

yeah they should stop fixing all the bugs and just throw it right on the client to fuck everything up i agree

Yeah, I'm sure they're gonna fix the hundreds of bugs that have been ignored for 2 years now.
They fixed 153 in the test client, and fixed dozens more in patch 2. Since then, about 2 minor bugs have been found that weren't there before.

New bug fixes will introduce new bugs and the cycle will repeat.

Yeah, I'm sure they're gonna fix the hundreds of bugs that have been ignored for 2 years now.
They fixed 153 in the test client, and fixed dozens more in patch 2. Since then, about 2 minor bugs have been found that weren't there before.

New bug fixes will introduce new bugs and the cycle will repeat.

so you do agree theyre busy fixing bugs and not "dragging their feet"

Between lava earthshaker not-arcana and that one invoker set I forgot I was getting my backpack is basically going to be full, so unless they re-add backpack expanders, I'll have to seriously curb how much I spend in Dota.

Why remove backpack expanders from the store? What purpose does that have besides an artificial limit on how much whales can spend on Dota?

manfestival

honestly the unlockable sets from the keys this time around suck. the last one was pretty good for the most part but the only thing that is nice from this is the clockwerk set

honestly the unlockable sets from the keys this time around suck. the last one was pretty good for the most part but the only thing that is nice from this is the clockwerk set

I like the Necro set.

I just hope this isn't the new norm of a slow trickle of chest only sets because that's seriously frustrating. Like I don't like that Elder Titan set, but it could be months before we see another one and even then, what if it's a super rare? So I sort of want it just to have ET items.

If they want to keep adding heroes by the bunches they either need to stop accepting Dragon Knight, Bounty Hunter, Prophet, whatever sets and focus on newly workshop ready heroes, or stop this crate nonsense and go back to weekly sets on the store.

We are out of items to add to the drop system (unless they add the F2P items or the black death set or the radiant/dire chest sets). This is the state we're in right now. We actually ran out of drop system items!

sephi22

so you do agree theyre busy fixing bugs and not "dragging their feet"
I'm saying that the game's in a pretty good state after patch 2, and nothing significantly buggy has been observed since. I don't see a reason for them to delay it any longer, but of course they are privy to bugs that I'm not. Nothing major's been reported on reddit since then.

There's also the issue of tourney tickets being delayed. ESL and the Summit will be alright with their tickets showing up late, but some of the lesser tournaments that were supposed to come out with this patch are almost over.

They can release the patch in 2 phases - hats in phase 1 and 6.81+fixes in phase 2, or hats+6.81+current fixes in phase 1, and further fixes in phase 2. I dunno. Patch withdrawal is real.

lol yes..
did you up vote me. heard tits and cuteness gets the karmas.
Ofc not.

I like the DK set. But yeah, the others aren't too exceptional. There are way better ET and Clock sets in the workshop and I'm surprised they chose the ones they did.

We are out of items to add to the drop system (unless they add the F2P items or the black death set or the radiant/dire chest sets). This is the state we're in right now. We actually ran out of drop system items!

We might start getting more tourney items added into the drop list like that Netolic Drow set. Some items/tickets have had pretty limited sales - for eg: the ticket with the Bounty Hunter Corruption set or the Dragon Knight orange and purple set

We might start getting more tourney items added into the drop list like that Netolic Drow set. Some items/tickets have had pretty limited sales - for eg: the ticket with the Bounty Hunter Corruption set or the Dragon Knight orange and purple set

I'd love for this to happen, so many nice items just rotting in ticket hell. They should just make it policy to add all tournament items to the drop system a month after the tournament is over. This would keep the system going for months just from current tournament items.

And also retro-apply this for all the old sets/couriers/items that were never added to the system for years old tickets. Why is something like Grillhound unable to be unusual just because it was attached to a ticket years ago?

sephi22

My regular 5-stack consists of 2500-3500 MMR players who almost always play ranked CM.
One of the most difficult things for us to deal with are aggressive trilanes. We usually run defensive trilanes with farming carry + 2 supports with stun OR carry + Lich + support with stun, but aggressive tris shut us down.

How do you guys deal with this? Do you go aggressive tri yourself if you sense an aggressive tri coming from them? Or do you fight trilane with trilane? What happens when you don't see an agressive tri coming and then realize your folly later when your carry's not able to get any last hits? Is it a good strat to switch lanes and tp your tri to the offlane?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rotate.

Build better defensive tri with punishers like SD and Mirana (as shown recently in comp games).

Preempt it by sending your tri to the hardlane and putting weaver in the easylane or something.

It might be advisable to pool the carry a TP so he can save some time moving between lanes. The supports can walk.

Alternatively, deward and pull aggressively. Both Radiant and Dire can do a double pull (pull into easy camp then into hard camp). Make sure carry is almost always under tower.

Ward the jungle next to the lane so the tri can't interfere with your pulling or set up dives.

Razzer

Also, having solo laners that could help the trilane is useful where possible. NP for instance, can tp in from his lane. There are also others.

SamVimes

What? That's the last thing would say about them.

I would attribute their inconsistency to being moody.

Divvy

What? That's the last thing would say about them.

I would attribute their inconsistency to being moody.

I dunno, in the EE interview at Starladder he talked about how they basically threw the D2L finals because they weren't really motivated to win.

SamVimes

I dunno, in the EE interview at Starladder he talked about how they basically threw the D2L finals because they weren't really motivated to win.

Because that's who he is. I don't like him but he seems like the kind of guy that thinks (correctly or not it's up for debate) that if he's motivated enough he will win anything.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Because that's who he is. I don't like him but he seems like the kind of guy that think (correctly or not it's up for debate) that if he's motivated enough he will win anything.

That's how it goes in his mangas.

Top Bottom