• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I tried Lich Aghs last night and all people did was run by the ancients to siphon off one-two chains at a time.

Apparently MYM didn't think of that.

shira

IGN did a Gazlowe walkthrough
Gazlowe_HotS_Art.jpg

Rock-It%21_Turret_Icon.png
(Q) Rock-It! Turret 70 Mana Charge Cooldown: 15 seconds Creates a turret that deals 150 (36 + 6 per level) damage. Lasts for 30 seconds.
Deth_Lazor_Icon.png
(W) Deth Lazor 75 Mana SkillshotCooldown: 15 seconds Charged attack that deals 60 to 120 damage to enemies in path. Damage and range increase the longer the ability is charged up.
Xplodium_Charge_Icon.png
(E) Xplodium Charge 60 Mana Area of EffectCooldown: 12 seconds Places a bomb that deals 465 (85 + 20 per level) damage to enemies within target area after 2.5 seconds, stunning them for 2 seconds.
Robo-Goblin_Icon.png
R) Robo-Goblin 100 Mana Heroic Ability Cooldown: 80 seconds Transforms in to a Robo-Goblin. Basic Attacks deal an additional 250% damage to minions, mercenaries, and structures and also reduces the duration of Crowd Control effects by 50%. Lasts for 16 seconds.

Grav-O-Bomb_3000_Icon.png
(R) Grav-O-Bomb 3000 100 Mana Heroic Ability Area of Effect Cooldown: 110 seconds Pulls enemies towards the center of the target area after a 1.5 second delay and deals 670 (176 + 26 per level) damage.

I miss the old Goblin Tinker with the crazy demolish ult.
http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/goblintinker.shtml

Haly

Alliance's "New Meta!" going to leave everyone else in the dust at TI4

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So time for some theorycrafting.

What do you guys think of aura support Legion Commander, especially against the current Lycan/Naga push strats? Her nuke is super potent now and deals crazy damage. Almost 600 damage if you can get 3 heroes and 5 creeps within it's range and does bonus damage to those pesky Naga illusions. She's got an amazing stun removal/heal/aspd buff for your carry, not to mention the 4-5.5 second Doom. She can also jungle pretty decently for a support hero and has one of the highest int gains for a str hero. Grab a vlads, mek, ac, shivas so your auras remain active during duel, which should also make you pretty tanky when you go for those duels. Can this be done :D?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i think capitalist + his cocaster might actually combine to create a duo that is worse than blaze holy shit my ears

Haly

Is this support support or jungle support like axe? Because she's pretty farm dependent up to a point.

Haly

More like Axe I would say. You would need a bit of farm.

Wouldn't really change how she's played now, I think. The stars need to align for her to carry, most of the time she's a single target Axe.

Divvy

This Huskar is going ham!

Wouldn't really change how she's played now, I think. The stars need to align for her to carry, most of the time she's a single target Axe.

Well, as a carry, her jungle sucks right now. She's much better in lane, which takes a spot away from your real hard carry. But jungle semi-support? Perhaps more viable?

So time for some theorycrafting.

What do you guys think of aura support Legion Commander, especially against the current Lycan/Naga push strats? Her nuke is super potent now and deals crazy damage. Almost 600 damage if you can get 3 heroes and 5 creeps within it's range and does bonus damage to those pesky Naga illusions. She's got an amazing stun removal/heal/aspd buff for your carry, not to mention the 4-5.5 second Doom. She can also jungle pretty decently for a support hero and has one of the highest int gains for a str hero. Grab a vlads, mek, ac, shivas so your auras remain active during duel, which should also make you pretty tanky when you go for those duels. Can this be done :D?

I thought about support LC when they first released her purely because of her Duel being an even longer weird Berserkers Call, completely shutting down a support wanting to use spells, and her heal. Now with the OO buff it might work. It's at the very least worth a try.

Randdalf

Alliance definitely seem to be embracing 6.81, it's not been long, but most other teams have been doing 6.80 drafts still. Hopefully EG do some fun stuff later today.

Ketch

Alliance definitely seem to be embracing 6.81, it's not been long, but most other teams have been doing 6.80 drafts still. Hopefully EG do some fun stuff later today.

Do they typically play strats they've done on their personal streams? I'm hoping to see wisp PA.

Haly

SON OF MAGNUS STRIKES AGAIN
Well, as a carry, her jungle sucks right now. She's much better in lane, which takes a spot away from your real hard carry. But jungle semi-support? Perhaps more viable?
Possibly... in pubs. I still think she's lacking that intangible something for comp play.

Haly

Is lifesteal even good on huskar? Most of his damage is magical.

Yes. It's because Lifesteal works particularly well with his passive. It used to be that you went either suicidal Spears spam, or unkillable rock with Lifesteal, or toggled between the two.

Now you can have both!

G.ZZZ

Is lifesteal even good on huskar? Most of his damage is magical.

http://dotabuff.com/players/38148674/matches

Salve + 2 tangos + 2 branches for harass in lane. Phase boots first, meka second, ARmlet third, Satanic fourth (sometimes you want Halberd before sata here, like for example against viper), then it's situational.

But yeah, lifesteal as a first item sucks since you got no damage. Once you get 200+ damage (phase + armlet + satanic) you can sustain urself easily with lifesteal, and sata active give you basically four lives (one is ur own, one is meka, one is armlet and the fourth is sata).

Randdalf

Yes. It's because Lifesteal works particularly well with his passive. It used to be that you went either suicidal Spears spam, or unkillable rock with Lifesteal, or toggled between the two.

Now you can have both!

Does this change mean Eth. Blade Huskar is back?

Divvy

Now you can have both!

Makes sense. Not sure if I'm going to like seeing Huskars everywhere in pubs though.

Deadstar

Anyone have any notes on what they did to the bot ai? I play with a couple friends and it's noticeably different. It seems like the bots don't just ball up 100% of the time after 10 minutes. They are split pushing and using other tactics but I'd like to know more about their improvements.

Divvy

Anyone have any notes on what they did to the bot ai? I play with a couple friends and it's noticeably different. It seems like the bots don't just ball up 100% of the time after 10 minutes. They are split pushing and using other tactics but I'd like to know more about their improvements.

I played two bot games last night and it seemed the same.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Who at Valve thought infinite Lich ult was a good idea.

Aghs should just increase the bounces, not take the limiter off.

Top Bottom