• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Volodja

Windrun just sets your evasion to 100%, so yeah, it only affects autoattacks (and arrow effects), tower shots and creep attacks.

Volodja

It got buffed in 6.81 to also disjoint projectiles
No it doesn't.
It just evades the attacks already in flight.
Before only attacks made AFTER Windrun was activated were dodged.

Activating Windrun now disjoints incoming attack projectiles

If it was 5 seconds of evasion of all projectiles every 15 (or actually 10 because of the duration) seconds with an attached movement speed buff and a slow, it would be ridicolous.

KingKong

No it doesn't.
It just evades the attacks already in flight.
Before only attacks made AFTER Windrun was activated were dodged.

If it was 5 seconds of evasion of all projectiles every 15 (or actually 10 because of the duration) seconds with an attached movement speed buff and a slow, it would be ridicolous.

Huh ok, totally read that wrong then

Who cares about 3v3?

jbbcs3pxmyHhda.png

happy now, dad?

Ketch

How did the mid omni turn out?

Also can we list heroes in CM who are definetly not competitively viable? I feel like it's probably a short list.

iamblades

Also can we list heroes in CM who are definetly not competitively viable? I feel like it's probably a short list.

Heroes like Huskar and Bloodcyka and Spirit Breaker are not great, but at least do something well.

The non mobile mids/supports( Zeus, Warlock, Necro, etc) that need farm have issues fitting into lineups.

Medusa(even more so than other hard carries) doesn't really fit into the heavy early push meta that is currently popular, but she is probably viable in the right drafting situation.

The only two heroes that I think are completely broken in terms of viability ATM are foodmother and Legion Commander, and they aren't in CM. I don't see what benefit either of those heroes can provide to a team on a high level competitive situation.

Shepard

Guess PL, Drow and Medusa are the heroes hat need a rework/buff to be viable right now. They all have counterparts that are much better: PL is a poor man's Naga, Its way better to pick Spectre/Void than Medusa for a late game carry, and Gyro is the better Divine carrier, as he can also contribute to teamfights way sooner, and Drow is just plain bad.

aeolist

Banned
Guess PL, Drow and Medusa are the heroes hat need a rework/buff to be viable right now. They all have counterparts that are much better: PL is a poor man's Naga, Its way better to pick Spectre/Void than Medusa for a late game carry, and Gyro is the better Divine carrier, as he can also contribute to teamfights way sooner, and Drow is just plain bad.

drow has been successfully run several times in 6.80

i've seen some winning dusa games but i don't think i'd call them successful

iamblades

Those three I don't think need a rework, certainly nothing major.

For PL and Medusa, super hard late game carries just aren't as favored in the current meta. I think they are still plenty viable if there are two teams that want to play old school chinese 4 protect 1.

Also drow is super viable if you also draft visage to go with it. Nasty strong split pushing combo.

There's straight up too many agi carries altogether, I wish there was some way to change some of them into supports, but agi heroes don't really have anything you'd want in a support. Don't have the bulk of a strength hero, nor the mana pool of an int hero. Attack speed and armor are pretty useless for supports.

Only agi supports have great spells to make use of, so Naga, Nyx, Veno and VS are the only agi supports worth a damn.

iamblades

There's straight up too many agi carries altogether, I wish there was some way to change some of them into supports, but agi heroes don't really have anything you'd want in a support. Don't have the bulk of a strength hero, nor the mana pool of an int hero. Attack speed and armor are pretty useless for supports.

Only agi supports have great spells to make use of, so Naga, Nyx, Veno and VS are the only agi supports worth a damn.

Gyro ain't terrible either, especially with the missile change.

Top Bottom