• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

squadr0n

I envy your naivete. There are so many fucking combinations and permutations.

Aggressive trilanes, Defensive trilanes, dual-lanes, dual mid, junglers, roamers.

A well rounded team is . . . .

Yeah I mean as a basic starting team, ive done trilanes before but im usually the solo lane guy that gets that solo lane xp.

Kard8p3

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO GET EVEN MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY INVOKER FUCK YOU

tumblr_m5l2eeNOS21r7rdbd.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Recommend 10 heroes that have big impact in AP dota please

Lich and Crystal Maiden are supports that can both put out damage early. CM starts off with a huge punch, and Lich hits like a truck once he makes it to 5+, and can keep a lane close to the tower until then. You need to be active with the characters though and not just stand next to your carry for 20 minutes when the lane is empty.

Terrorblade gets a ton of free damage with Metamorphosis, and can easily get kills in his lane with Metamorphosis and his slow. He lack HP though, so be sure to build items that give him additional health, and try not to rely on his ult. Phantom Lancer is still really good for taking the game late, if the rest of your team can fight well alone, he is a great pick. Luna both brings a lot of team fight potential with her ult, and scales great in the late game with her Glaives.

Zeus can deal out huge amounts of damage, don't hold the ult off to the end of a fight though, try to use it near the start when they are also in range of Static Field. Viper is a tanky beast who is a great secondy carry, who can output a lot of damage without requiring huge amount of farm or levels.

Lycan can easily take out towers on his own during a team fight, and right clicks hard early. Nature's Prophet has the luxury of being able to buy what ever the fuck he wants, try to be agile and build what the team needs for the specific game.

Bounty Hunter can really help a teams economy out if they have poor laning but good team fight, he also has multiple viable skill paths depending on how well he can farm, maxing Shadow Walk if you can't getting many last hits, Jinada if your early game farm is good, or Shuriken if you can't stay in lane. Clockwork can make a melee carry's life a nightmare, by easily being able to drain away their mana with power cogs. He brings a lot of initiation ability to team too, and can solo kill many people with a hook > cog > battery assault > flare combo. Dark Seer is very annoying to enemy melee carries with his Ion Shell, and is a very safe offlaner who can normally secure farm easily. In the event he does get forced out of lane, he can still jungle with ease, allowing for recovery.

There, 12 hero in multiple laning and farming positions.

I'm not too sure how much harder Luna, Terrorblade, and Lycan are. Their win rates went down quite a bit from the recent nerf, but they should still be pretty strong.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Dota, you're like an abusive partner.

I hate you so, but I keep coming back for more.

shira

jyTfSZs6GA1tS.png

Yeah I mean as a basic starting team, ive done trilanes before but im usually the solo lane guy that gets that solo lane xp.

Well you can just pick any of those from the top 11 listed if you want to win. If you are trying to get better you can outthink your opponent and make picks to counter specific advantages of the other team.

Captaining or drafting a team is a skill on it's own. I'm not really sure you can get better without experience.

G-Unit

AP lost me 300mmr, but I decided to man up so I'll keep it in my rotation and try to play heroes with nice impact.

Ty for the suggestions

BTW is bkb good on terrorblade?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Ursa: barely needs items to deal dmg and can start ganking effectively from level 3 up, can solo rosh and with 6.81 changes doesn't have to go straight into vlads anymore making him even more good.

Sand king: great stun, good escape mechanism and an ult that can turn teamfights around.

Riki: The pubstomp hero of choice, he can dish out massive amounts of dmg in the early game allowing him to snowball outta control specially if the enemy team doesn't have detection in key areas of the map. Of course he is easily countered so keep that in mind

Witch doctor: Great stun if you catch a couple of heroes close basically a stun lock of sorts and a super good ult that goes trough bkb. great pick.

Disruptor: Glimpse is a potentially broken ability that makes heroes unable to escape you, together with his field force and his ult taht its an aoe silence can really turn fights around.

Dazzle: is a support taht is both offensive and defensive but mostly defensive.His ult together with his heal can save a key ally in a critical time. His ult gives bonus armor to your team or removes it from enemies which is actually a pretty big deal since armor is a huge part of fights.

Lion: Infinite mana equals infinite harass in lane, his skills can disable an enemey up to 6.50 seconds which is fucking huge. His ult can finish an enemy off which is pretty good. pick it for control in fights.

Bane: Up vs a very elusive hero? the pick bane who the best single lockdown spell in the game goes trough bkb too! Also offers control in nightmare and burst dmg not to mention enfeble that can shut down dmg early on.

lich: offers good lane control and harass with infinity mana. the deny is good too and the ult can really punish uncoordinated teams.

Shadow shaman: Good nuker, disabler and pusher really good pick overall

Anyway thats all i got i'm tired

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
AP lost me 300mmr, but I decided to man up so I'll keep it in my rotation and try to play heroes with nice impact.

Ty for the suggestions

BTW is bkb good on terrorblade?

BKB is indeed a good item on Terrorblade. In fact if the game calls for one, I think you should just rush it after treads, since TB already has enough damage to carry him though the early and mid game out of the box, and suitability is the biggest thing he lacks.

G-Unit

BKB is indeed a good item on Terrorblade. In fact if the game calls for one, I think you should just rush it after treads, since TB already has enough damage to carry him though the early and mid game out of the box, and suitability is the biggest thing he lacks.

I had a game with 3 to 4 stunners, especially centaur, should have rush bkb

Chris R

Updated TI4 seating chart looks pretty good. Seems the only people who really get shafted are the ones that have to sit "behind" the stage in the upper deck...

That and maybe the floor seats :( Should have just grabbed GA from the get go.

Chris R

Why would you think floor seats are worse? They are generally more sought after.

VIP section takes up the front portion of the floor. GA seats have elevation to see above the person in front of them, floor not so much.

Again, not every GA seat is better, I'd just say the first 20% of GA seats are going to be better than my floor seat.

edit: here it is, no pic from the floor yet http://www.keyarena.com/events-tickets/interactive-seating-chart

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
VIP section takes up the front portion of the floor. GA seats have elevation to see above the person in front of them, floor not so much.

Again, not every GA seat is better, I'd just say the first 20% of GA seats are going to be better than my floor seat.

edit: here it is, no pic from the floor yet http://www.keyarena.com/events-tickets/interactive-seating-chart

Yeah but you realize the thing you'll be looking at will be a giant screen hanging above the stage right? The lack of elevation on the floor really isn't too relevant.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Updated TI4 seating chart looks pretty good. Seems the only people who really get shafted are the ones that have to sit "behind" the stage in the upper deck...

That and maybe the floor seats :( Should have just grabbed GA from the get go.
If the floor seats suck, we can likely just sneak into ga, I can't see the staff checking seating out side of the floor area.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah but you realize the thing you'll be looking at will be a giant screen hanging above the stage right? The lack of elevation on the floor really isn't too relevant.
Depends on the stage setup.
LoL WORLDS was pretty bad if you didn't have a good seat, I really hope Valve does better.

Kard8p3

Anyone else getting unplayable lag? This is not my ISP.

had it since the day of the patch until yesterday, since then my ping has been at its usual, thankfully.

Also tempted to try downsampling, but I'm afraid to fuck things up, I am not super savvy when it comes to things like this.

G.ZZZ

http://dotabuff.com/matches/639848258

Man just had my most clinical feeling game in a while. Legion, had to go Jungle, bought wards to start for pudge, sacrificed my own farm to help him and buy sentries etc, meaning a 15 min blink, and we were losing, but with almost no verbal communication our team coordinated really well, always playing it defensive, keeping wards up, letting each other know about Mirana ults. And duel is so so great for pickoffs. Anyone even a smidgeon out of position and I jumped on them. So despite getting a 25 min AC I still had the duel damage to keep up, and then we started to win full on fights. At that point they kinda just fell apart, hence the kill difference.

Would a 4 position LC played like Axe be viable? As long as you are smart about Duels ( I won every single one in this game) then you can use her as a pickoff machine, and her heal gives her enough usefulness to not be the frontliner, kinda like a pseudo-Abaddon. And if you are winning those duels you can build into a semi carry later, which is when you start going in first in fights. Unlike Axe you don't fall off as long as you are regularly winning duels. As long as they don't have an early push lineup or aggro tri then I thing it could work.

Didn't you fucking have to play with your touchpad. What the hell is this. Am i too heavy for you now?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Tried QoP for the first time this patch. Dagger buff is pretty nice, but IDK if I like it more than maxing out Scream by 7 first. Not really sure it's worth it.

Skab

Looking around at the concept art stuff we got before TI last year. Just noticed that on the art for Pit in this picture (far right, three down)

is a different one than what was in the other art we have seen of him. Doesn't mean much, as there are plenty of art in there where the heroes turned out differently (Clock, TB, 'dusa, etc) but still interesting to see what they're thinking of, design wise.

Also who the fuck is below CM?

Queueing at this time is a bit painful, I'm okay with one or two people not speaking English, but literally no one speaks English. The best part is I'm always the only one saying GG at the end of the game.

Nobody says it back :(

ViviOggi

★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere 
  ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ * :. . ¸ . ● ★  ★☾ . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  •     * .  ☾ ° 
 * .  ☾ °  ¸. ...in a parallel universe* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . *
● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ °★  . * . .  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...singsing ° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★
 ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * .     ¸.●  ° ☾ ★ * :. . ¸ . ● ¸   * ...is strim

Top Bottom