• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Mordeccai

Okay so I'm pretty sure I just played the most full retard game of dota ever, all inspired by the blazeitswagyolo#fuckyourcouch earthshaker build.

Announce I am going carry shaker, build arcanes and SB by 12 minutes. Instantly kill a lion in our lane and we start snowballing.

Rest of the team decides to build shadow blades. I tell them this is a horrible idea but they are all caught up in my yolo swag, it's hard to think straight.

50 minutes in, damn even game. Except they mass built dagons to counter us.

Earfshaker rapier time. Kill three heros with 2.1k totem slams.

Invoker rapes me with tornado -> emp -> meteor combo and then pushes mid to win with forge spirits.

BG rapier buying noob.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Earth spirit is still fucking broken, just harder to play. Right now, at the top pages, you see him owning left and right. You heard it her first folksh shehuehueheuh
pls buff remnants icefruad
i cant solo kill at will anymoreeeeee

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
you kidding me? thats the most action packed and skill rewarding dota there is

Eh, its just pushing everything towards ambush Dota in my experience. Cuts down on map mobility because more than ever you can't leave your side of the river and need four wards on your half constantly if you're on the defensive.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
last blink dominated version was 6.48b, lemme tell you, that version was not passive dota

It cuts down on the mobility of the defensive team. The point I'm trying to make is that group blink dagger is very effective at locking out comeback potential. Just part of my larger complaint about how snowballey the meta feels at the moment.

shira

I still can't buy that corsair thing I don't see it on the market
I helped Mordeccai sell his on the first night but, I think they patched the workaround of adding a foulfell gem, bypassing the 1 month moratorium.
CBSmatt confirm?

Just go on dota2lounge, they are 3-4 keys/~$6-9

http://dotabuff.com/matches/641779081
This Enigma went in a dual lane with Death Prophet when there was no reason not to take the jungle. A fairly slow blink was the first big item he got and he didn't use black hole until over 30 mins in. I think he used his ult three, maybe four, times in the whole match and instead of having a mek for the team or getting a BKB he went aghs. I don't understand how he gets two items for his ult that he takes so little advantage off. He did get one nice aghs black hole but in the final fight he didn't use it at all. Supposedly this is because Nature was waiting to silence him but it would have been entirely possible to get prophet in it and it only proves how much he needed BKB. Arrrggh /vent

I know I fucked up at points and stuff but this was especially frustrating to go with my losing streak.

Leveled Birds at level 4, I didn't know that was possible.
How about at level 10?
http://dotabuff.com/matches/631126434

Ketch

I could see a blink cool down increase. Doesn't really effect heroes that require the item for initiation, but definitely makes the choice to pick one up a little harder.

Also, Whoever was saying they always loose to 5 man push death ball starts needs to watch that EG v Alliance game one d2l western challenge and take notes. Such a turn around.

Quesa

I helped Mordeccai sell his on the first night but, I think they patched the workaround of adding a foulfell gem, bypassing the 1 month moratorium.
CBSmatt confirm?

Just go on dota2lounge, they are 3-4 keys/~$6-9

Thanks! Just traded for three chests

Razzer

I think the thing that makes Blink seem so much more prominent now is:

1: Shadow blade nerf means that where people often chose between the two on heroes like Ursa with pubs preferring SB, now everyone goes Blink.

2: The no mana buff means that heroes that already got it get it earlier, like SK and Mag not getting arcanes first sometimes for example.

3: Heroes that were previously very rare but did use Blink (like centaur) are now more common. Again due to the mana buff.

So whilst I don't think a huge amount of heroes get it that never use to, they are now more common. Especially strength heroes that get it. There's also the novelty of Sniper/Drow/Clinkz getting it which was pretty memorable when it first became common so it leaves a big impression.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't know if blink needs a nerf, maybe somethin minor like 15s or 16s on the CD. But I like the specific hero changes like the batrider/centaur nerfs to offset the mana buff on blink for heroes that didn't need it.

Goddard

Why do the players of team Newbee use their previous team's clan tags? Tongfu sansheng, tongfu mu, ig hao, LGD xiao8, IG Banana, wtf.

Chris R

WTF is up with the in game commentary today? It's been choppy and dropping all day (between the Summit games and the ESL)

edit: Oh, PW Server is the reason I guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why do the players of team Newbee use their previous team's clan tags? Tongfu sansheng, tongfu mu, ig hao, LGD xiao8, IG Banana, wtf.

My bet is Valve defaulted the system to the TI3 rosters, and the players/teams were supposed to update the roster info. Likely they will notice and get it worked out.

make blink global IMO

There is already a Global Blink, its Nature's Prophet's Teleport.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blink Huskar is a ton of fun, you can slam from down town.

I swear every time I play Necrophos I wish I had a blink dagger on him. He is so slow, and even a force staff can make it hard for him to catch up to a low health fleeing target.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is it good on DS? This was my first time playing him, and I had no idea how to build him.
Vacuum seems nice though.
Blink allows for Surge to be put on another hero pre-engage and will make sure you always have the correct blink vac/wall.

You don't always need it, but you can get around the map EVEN FASTER too with it. I generally go mek -> blink/shivas

Top Bottom