• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Speaking of amazing walls, anyone have the clip of Bulldog blinking into the pit and murdering the entire EG team?

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sznJWmOFDJ4

Blink allows for Surge to be put on another hero pre-engage and will make sure you always have the correct blink vac/wall.

You don't always need it, but you can get around the map EVEN FASTER too with it. I generally go mek -> blink/shivas

I'm going to try this next time I play him.

Never realised how much fun Storm Spirit is when you snowball out of control - also I find early orchid/hex seems to be the way to go over bloodstone.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm going to try this next time I play him.
I also consider Aghs situational. If they don't have two strong r-clickers I opt Sheep first instead.

Never realised how much fun Storm Spirit is when you snowball out of control - also I find early blink/hex seems to be the way to go over bloodstone.
wat

Blink makes no sense. Hex is nice depending on your timing, but Orchid has like a 10x better build up and comes online faster and lets you dish out more damage.

GorillaJu

WMyZkDl.png

This was a fucking great game. We got trashed early by Dire side Ursa doing Dire side Ursa things, their Lion had a good game too, and Kunkka was beastly and online quick with Lothars. But instead of typical pub bickering and blaming, we stuck together and won through good movement and quick pushes after pick-offs (or in other words, they got cocky and threw).

Always happy to play pure support when I have good teammates, and I was lowest MMR on my team by a good 300 (they were all 4800-5100). five-stars, would play again, etc.

M.D

in what way?

well the leshrac and lycan are heavy pushers and fnatic has no answer with their lineup expect the tree, but they can eat through living armor pretty easily

I feel a DK here could've been good both ways for fnatic - good at pushing early, but also good at defending with his scary ult and an aoe nuke to clear up waves

DK can also get a BKB as one of his first major items and still be effective, which would've made nyx, lesh and rubick useless and he is so goddamn strong with his ridiculous armor that he would've been a good hero to deal with the physical damage coming out from a lycan and an axe

Time to watch my first Zephyr game. Is Mineski decent now? Heard they were favored to get at least top 4 in the TI4 qualifiers.

Who the hell let Xyclops cast a game? LMAO

edit: I can't stop laughing, Xyclops is amazing.

Kioshen

Usually I queue up with a friend on bot games that goes carry and I go support. I can at least depend on him to finish things off while I learn to pull/stack/ward that sort of thing. I tried a couple of solo queues for bot games and that's pretty scary. I had a feeding Rubrik that tossed us right smack in the 5 man bot train, disconnect Warlock, underleved zeus doing nothing but hang around base that sort of things. I tried going with Venomancer because I could somewhat do it all and switch from support to semi-carry easily in case of emergency if I'm paired with people that are newish too (cheap warding, good slow, good DoT, easy wide ult) but is there other heroes that have high impact while being flexible ? Say starting out support but being able to switch to semi-carry if I can keep up with levels by flash farming and keeping towers up to delay things a bit.

Obviously there's Invoker but I'm just starting out so that's a big gap to fill and i'll probably hinder more than help.
Don't forget about Meepo but that's too obvious to mention

Stay away from heroes like Invoker and Meepo at first, they require a lot of practice to get down and are some of the more complex heroes around, the OP has some good suggestions for beginner heroes.

For flexible heroes go with the likes of Wind Ranger, Lion, Venomancer, Vengeful Spirit, Lich, Lina(I'm probably forgetting a bunch). They work best as supports but can do a lot of damage on their own and can transition into more important roles if necessary. Some more carry oriented heroes are Wraith King, Sven, Bounty Hunter, Juggernaut, Dragon Knight and Drow Ranger. Basically the 20 heroes that Valve marked as the easy heroes really are the best to start with.

Top Bottom