• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Finalow

does qojqva think he's rtz or something? Lol.

also last time I checked on his stream, rtz was only playing invoker. I wonder if he got good

Batrider is easily the single most and consistently nerfed hero in the past 12 months and he's still a top pick.
A lot of the nerfs just don't matter to pro players, a good Batrider doesn't care about the base damage nerf or the Lasso mana increase because they're too good at utilizing the napalm stacks to farm and managing their mana. In the end he has an ultimate that goes through BKB and disables and moves any hero you want for several seconds while your team wails on them. I'm not sure how you balance him without neutering him entirely and taking him out of the meta.

Maybe an increased cd on Lasso but I don't see it having an effect.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
A lot of the nerfs just don't matter to pro players, a good Batrider doesn't care about the base damage nerf or the Lasso mana increase because they're too good at utilizing the napalm stacks to farm and managing their mana. In the end he has an ultimate that goes through BKB and disables and moves any hero you want for several seconds while your team wails on them. I'm not sure how you balance him without neutering him entirely and taking him out of the meta.

Maybe an increased cd on Lasso but I don't see it having an effect.

Maybe Lasso automatically grabs the nearest hero in a 400 AOE or something weird like that? Makes him still good for pickoffs, but hurts his initiation ability?

Zeth

Tranquils Axe? There's one god damn guide that's still top ranked that has Tranqs. I thought this was only still done in pubs.

Artanisix

wayto
vbPhaBr.png
vbPhaBr.png

edit: eg
vbPhaBr.png
vbPhaBr.png
vbPhaBr.png
vbPhaBr.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
is this the day teams stop over-valuing lycan?

He's getting shat on left and right by straight man teams that he simply can't deal with anymore because of the HP nerf. Don't even think he's first pick material anymore unless it's dire and the enemy is dumb, he's back to (or should be eventually) surprise second round pick IMO.

manhack

Just started playing last week. Finally finished the training missions including public games.

First few games were good then I decided to check all the matchmaking options and was put into a captains draft game.

highlights include:

1. Being called the N-word.
2. Being told to uninstall DOTA
3. Being called a noob
4. We still won the game ;)

Evidently I need to go to "all pick" and "limited heroes" for now.

Artanisix

Just started playing last week. Finally finished the training missions including public games.

First few games were good then I decided to check all the matchmaking options and was put into a captains draft game.

highlights include:

1. Being called the N-word.
2. Being told to uninstall DOTA
3. Being called a noob
4. We still won the game ;)

Evidently I need to go to "all pick" and "limited heroes" for now.

Avoid limited heroes mode. Do play AP and make liberal use of the mute button. Have fun :)

bounchfx

I actually quite like it. the bow is a little much but her portrait looks cool as hell.

edit: in game its a tad noisy.. I don't mind it compared to some other sets, but in the night shots DAMN is she blue lol

Mordeccai

I played a match as ogre last night. Had a team mate commend me for skill because I was hitting 3x fireblasts in every team fight and just nuking the SF to oblivion.

Top Bottom