• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I made a Terrorblade rage quit with Offlane Lich.

Kirby's guide to offlane lich: Deny a creep and body block creeps. When you get to the T1 tower/zone of safty, turn around. Go back to the T3, body block the creeps. Eat creep when possible. Proceed to reap in ez xp. Q creeps/enemy heroes when convenient.

BHK3

Banned

That is sickening, truly sickening. It's like Reapers Scythe because it doesn't become relevant till like 25-30 mins in when people have a lot of HP and HOPEFULLY you do as well...

Looks awful aside from the horn, that helmet just looks straight silly on him. I can't picture magnus in anything that isn't like tribal wear, the silver futuristic armour on him just looks very out of place.

Am I the only one who just never levels mana drain on Lion? I don't really see the point, by the time it actually become useable you've wasted 3 levels on it and you probably have mana boots.

I got called a noob for never leveling it the entire game. But what is honestly the point, it's just a bad skill that scales poorly and Lion's other skills are better leveled.

Plus I was packing higher stats, which is more mana anyway.

Am I the only one who just never levels mana drain on Lion? I don't really see the point, by the time it actually become useable you've wasted 3 levels on it and you probably have mana boots.

I got called a noob for never leveling it the entire game. But what is honestly the point, it's just a bad skill that scales poorly and Lion's other skills are better leveled.

Yes you are the only one. Mana drain is awesome. For reals.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What I don't get about Lion is even with mana drain how do people get away with using tranquils on that hero? I tried once and didn't have enough mana to do my entire combo with a full mana bar.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Today I bought a Force Staff and after I bought it I was all like WTF why did I buy a Force Staff, it takes mana. I shoulda got a Dagger instead.

Force Staff saves your ass from ganks tho. Just a couple nights ago I built Force Staff first on Skywrath because the enemy team had Huskar and I wanted to be able to get away when he jumped on me. We won that game. Force Staff rocks

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Force Staff saves your ass from ganks tho. Just a couple nights ago I built Force Staff first on Skywrath because the enemy team had Huskar and I wanted to be able to get away when he jumped on me. We won that game. Force Staff rocks

Force Staff == escapes
Blink Dagger == initiation

At least in my mind it works that way.

You can force staff your teammates to a safe position too. Or force staff an enemy into your group. Really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

Mordeccai

bro

you hate playing vs anti mage rite. having no mana sux, rite. but it's melee so just don't get hit and it's all good

lion has MANA SUCKING POWERS to leave you crying in lane with no manas and you ignore this?

pls no more posterino

sephi22

I always go 2-1-2-1 with Lion.
Mana sucking for days. Earth spiker harass in lane for days. Babysitting for days.
Commends from carries for days. Tranquils boots for days. Always at full health and mana for days.

Mana drain Lion is the only Lion.

2600 MMR for days

FACE

Banned

Stun -> Mana Drain all day, every day.

Armaros

Icefrog specifically rescaled hex so that you get alot out of the first point, and smaller bonuses per extra point compared to before, so Lions would have more reason and opportunity to level drain.

Mohasus

Mana boots on lion...

Ketch

Revenge vs EG for the Summit qualifiers, the VOD is probably up on BTS's youtube channel.

I think if he kyxy'd the aegis it would have been a better play than what he actually did.

Just watched this. WTF? That's like something I would do.

Gofu

Banned

not getting mana drain is legit, dont worry about what these people are saying

Aselith

I had one that kept stunning and draining me while the rest of his team wailed on me so I wouldn't revive after I died on SK today and it was a pain in the damn ass.

BearPawB

Banned

the point is that on lion you can get something better than mana boots..

Madouu

Mana boots on lion are fine especially if you use them with your team, if you group up early etc.

Ignoring mana drain is good in a lot of situations but there are some laning match ups where mana drain is better. 6.5 seconds stun at level 9 is actually pretty huge, that's more than half the cooldown on both of your maxed out spells. Not to mention the extra one or two auto attacks you can squeeze in a 1v1 scenario that often are the difference between a kill or your target escaping.

Mana drain is good against a bunch of heroes that are starved for mana though like Abbadon or WK. Or if it just fits your playstyle better.

Chris R

Terrible games tonight with people saying to report me every game despite leading gpm/xpm :( Might as well play ranked with shit teams like this.

Acinixys

Terrible games tonight with people saying to report me every game despite leading gpm/xpm :( Might as well play ranked with shit teams like this.

Ive had 2 games in a row this morning where an enemy has rage quit after only 2 deaths

Maybe its a Monday thing

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

It's been really bad since the patch came out. Brought back a lot of trolls, I guess.

You know that doesn't mean you're actually doing well right? One can farm all game and not contribute.

I'm sure they're being assholes but just saying.

shira

Why is Dendi Sandking and he's not playing SK mid?
:[
http://strawpoll.me/1629799

Meepo, will it happen?

nice!
Bm1sOzzCUAEqDO3.png

American Qualifiers

t1399910400z1.png

I don't even know how they can do these qualifiers
45 round robin games with 2-4 streams
Then top 4 go in a bo3 double elimination
4-6 more games
Elimination games
4-6 more games
grand final is bo5
So in less than 60 hours they have to finish 56-62 games

For 2 weeks straight.

edit: Oh yeah, IF history repeats itself compendiums should be today
melisandre-fire-2.gif

Acinixys

Guys how can one hero be so good

If you dont totally suck at last hitting you can win mid so easily

Radient destroyed us early game but as soon as Puck and myself got Sheeps it was all over

Enchant RQ'd at 45 mins

Just tuned in to find that Tongfu are running Bloodseeker vs DK.

Edit: And end up wrecking DK. Man I had no idea Chinese Dota was this good (haven't watched a lot of it till now). DK or obviously not playing at their best but I've been so impressed by teams like CIS, DT, Tongfu. Chinese qualifiers for TI4 are going to be amazing.

Top Bottom