• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

manfestival

I struggle with winning against dragon knight but sven seemed much easier after watching some pro players play him. Using his stun for many things instead of a few.

Literally all my teammates are Russians every single game, EU West my fucking ass. They either don't talk at all or are complete assholes. I've become completely immune to their bullshit, but it's affecting my sanity.

My last game a Viper runs into a deathball by himself, I leave when it's obvious we'll die, he pings me like a madman to then swear at me in Russian. What it makes you feel better if I die with you? So glad our LC abandoned so I could leave that horrible game.

Edit: I've come to the conclusion that SD is not much better than AP, people just always pick the most farm dependant hero out of the bunch and you end up with a 4-5 carry lineup every game. Time to only play AR, I can semi-handle supports rushing Aghs over getting wards.

I'm coming very close to trying ranked CD but I fear it's going to be the worst experience out of all of them.

Randdalf

Guys... Guys...
It's not happening, we just got a major patch, don't get your hopes up.

As I've said before, I think Spring Cleaning was pushed forward from part of a bigger update in order to get 6.81 out earlier. I think we'll see a hero patch sooner rather than later...

Morzak

Literally all my teammates are Russians every single game, EU West my fucking ass. They either don't talk at all or are complete assholes. I've become completely immune to their bullshit, but it's affecting my sanity.

My last game a Viper runs into a deathball by himself, I leave when it's obvious we'll die, he pings me like a madman to then swear at me in Russian. What it makes you feel better if I die with you? So glad our LC abandoned so I could leave that horrible game.

Edit: I've come to the conclusion that SD is not much better than AP, people just always pick the most farm dependant hero out of the bunch and you end up with a 4-5 carry lineup every game. Time to only play AR, I can semi-handle supports rushing Aghs over getting wards.

I'm coming very close to trying ranked CD but I fear it's going to be the worst experience out of all of them.

Since the Patch I'm really a bit annoyed with it so few english speakers in my games at the moment....

Oh and I don't know people don't want to communicate on their picks...... Then they hover over the support the whole time so I pick something else and then they last pick a carry while we have no support.

bounchfx

As I've said before, I think Spring Cleaning was pushed forward from part of a bigger update in order to get 6.81 out earlier. I think we'll see a hero patch sooner rather than later...

I hope so, I have to imagine if they're going to add any heroes before TI4 it's gotta be ASAP.

Since the Patch I'm really a bit annoyed with it so few english speakers in my games at the moment....

Oh and I don't know people don't want to communicate on their picks...... Then they hover over the support the whole time so I pick something else and then they last pick a carry while we have no support.
I just assume nobody wants to play support, I don't know why people would rather play a shit game than play support and maybe win. Probably the assumption that someone else will probably do it for them while they yell at everyone because they died.

I love Dota but the Dota I play only slightly resembles it.

Just spent a match with a raging Invoker, was kind of funny towards the end when he just kept calling for us all to be reported. I'd love to see one game where calling someone a retard made them play better

Kioshen

Is there a page I could look up that lists every time sensitive events during a match ? Something like this :

0:00 Day time - Start of creep wave + Rune spawn
0:30 Jungle spawn camp
0:45 Safe lane pull
0:53 Stack jungle camp
2:00 Rune spawn
3:00 Siege unit added to creep line
4:00 Night time / Roshan level up
etc

I can't find anything that centralize everything so I started building a list manually but I'm sure something like this already exists.

BHK3

Banned
I hope so, I have to imagine if they're going to add any heroes before TI4 it's gotta be ASAP.
Not really, they added abaddon like 25 days~ before the international 3, we were supposed to get Legion along with abba before the international as well but she came real late. Heroes like troll, centaur, abba, and ET weren't in captains mode at the time either. We still have 5 heroes not in captains mode as well(Phoenix, Terrorblade, Broodmother, Earth Spirit, Legion Commander) so them adding more heroes to the game isn't going to effect the tournament at all since they won't be in CM either till after.

I never got why people play the other modes at all, just because you place restrictions on the heros available, isn't going to stop kids from picking whatever they want.

I never got why people play the other modes at all, just because you place restrictions on the heros available, isn't going to stop kids from picking whatever they want.

It's not about what others pick for me, it's about forcing myself to learn new heroes. SD and AR force me to diversify, and I just freeze up whenever I play AP, I can never choose what hero I want to play.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thacker strikes back.
http://www.dota2.com/international/announcement/?l=english

Osiris Gaming (USA) and Revenge (Peru) out.
Shadows of the Past (Canada) and Isurus (Argentina) in

There is some speculation that Union Gaming may also get kicked from the American qualifier, since one of their players left for Revenge. Also, one of the reddit admins is saying that behind the scenes the NA Qualifier really is a mess, so prepare for some comedy.

Bit of a shame Revenge isn't going to be playing, I still feel they are one of the stronger teams in the Americas, but that play by their stand in yesterday, so so bad.

shira

There is some speculation that Union Gaming may also get kicked from the American qualifier, since one of their players left for Revenge. Also, one of the reddit admins is saying that behind the scenes the NA Qualifier really is a mess, so prepare for some comedy.

Bit of a shame Revenge isn't going to be playing, I still feel they are one of the stronger teams in the Americas, but that play by their stand in yesterday, so so bad.

I was rooting for Smash too. What a disaster.

5F9261E543B626511B27DDEFCCC8F0663BAF5348

Also Bearzky got shitcanned. Only Premier tournaments can have courier bundles from now on. Stamped it. Valve.

Tobe

Thacker strikes back.
http://www.dota2.com/international/announcement/?l=english

Osiris Gaming (USA) and Revenge (Peru) out.
Shadows of the Past (Canada) and Isurus (Argentina) in

called it.

so if a team that is up for TI qualifiers get a roster change do they drop out?

saw it couple of days ago, thought it was a one off thing, guess not. PERU=SHIT

its not even funny, cause i asked one of them i somebody wanted to go to TI in the case they didnt qualify, they told me no they would prefer watching it at home. guess what you suck you didnt play and you still gonna watch it at home. stupid idiots.

iamblades

betting against liquid = easy keys

From what I've seen ixmike and fluffnstuff's new team (sneaky nyx assassins) looks stronger than liquid. Just embarrassing.

Granted SNA has played no real competition aside from EG (who crushed them every time) yet, but...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish half my smurf games were as easy as Kagestack -twins:
iyDGEsBF8ZlBP.png

So fucking ez.

Also Bearzky got shitcanned. Only Premier tournaments can have courier bundles from now on. Stamped it. Valve.

This is bullshit. That courier is amazing and deserves to be in the game. How exactly is a tournament supposed to become a premiere tournament if they cannot build revenue by offering items?
If they are going to change the rules it should be from like 2 months on or something. You cannot pull the rug out from people who have been operating on your old rules.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Maybe Valve will let the Canada Cup Organization sell Bearzky on its own, as a Canada cup Branded courier, rather then just for a tournament bundle. Doing that kind of thing in the future may be fine.

I still think the biggest issue is that Valve takes a 75% cut of all item sales.

shira

This is bullshit. That courier is amazing and deserves to be in the game. How exactly is a tournament supposed to become a premiere tournament if they cannot build revenue by offering items?
If they are going to change the rules it should be from like 2 months on or something. You cannot pull the rug out from people who have been operating on your old rules.

Maybe Valve will let the Canada Cup Organization sell Bearzky on its own, as a Canada cup Branded courier, rather then just for a tournament bundle. Doing that kind of thing in the future may be fine.

I still think the biggest issue is that Valve takes a 75% cut of all item sales.

irWzLuCNxewPN.gif

bounchfx

welcome to dealing with valve

:(

Satch

Banned
im so bad at the meld strike. the enemy always gets away before i can attack out of the meld :((((

i guess im practicing TA all night -___-

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I don't know, it seems like a pretty fair deal, considering they setup the systems, the marketing, the base models, and the consumer base for you. They built the game after all.

Top Bottom