• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

So I found out I like playing Magnus.

He does seem to have some carry potential in addition to his role as an initiator especially if you're snowballing early and get Bfury.

Jex

You know you're going to have a good game when Doom tells your Void and Sand King to go offlane as he goes safelane.

Pratfall

What makes you hate him?

I love the guy, strong in lane and so much damage late.

I hate having such a small mana pool and basically being forced to go BKB if you want to participate in fights at all. But mostly I went up against an Axe/Omni dual lane and it sucked and I was frustrated. If someone else is building drums, what do you build to help with that mana pool?

BigAT

I hate having such a small mana pool and basically being forced to go BKB if you want to participate in fights at all. But mostly I went up against an Axe/Omni dual lane and it sucked and I was frustrated. If someone else is building drums, what do you build to help with that mana pool?

Get stats at 2 and 4.

ViviOggi

The aura/active is just a bonus, if you feel you need the stats build Drums anyway. Beyond that I like getting an early Soul Ring on Sven for ez harass.

You might be surprised at how good arcanes are for Sven, if you're not playin 1st position carry. Also consider getting Force Staff.

Buy Drums anyway. I only get it because it gives great stats for a good price, not because of the aura.

M.D

Get stats at 2 and 4.

yup
cleave is not going to help you early on anyway so might as well do that

i don't see why you would have mana problems with Sven anyway if you don't spam out your stun on creeps every time you have mana for it

also remember to tread switch

also most games you will have someone with arcane boots on your team so...

j4VsUSR.jpg

sven manliest hero people just don't realize it yet

patapuf

Magic Stick helps a lot in fights, so does switching treads when needed.

That should give enough mana pool for early game if you really can't go drums (having 2 of them isn't that bad). If you feel fancy and have decent regen Soul ring can be good too.

Laning against Axe as melee is pretty shitty though. Without support to bully him out of lane there's not much one can do.

Ugh, really hate when sven doesn't have at least one level of battle cry early.

Me too.

yup

i don't see why you would have mana problems with Sven anyway if you don't spam out your stun on creeps every time you have mana for it

j4VsUSR.jpg

One of my favorite heroes.

So easy to use, and with the bugfixes, I'll bet it will be in the pro meta.

Satch

Banned
anybody here really good at templar assassin and have any tips?

im really interested in playing her but her playstyle is really aggressive and its put me off giving her a try

Zeth

Matt said the stupid pro player name "issue" should be sorted this week in Twitch chat last night, I think. Maybe this could be the same update as the compendium? Or maybe that's not something that necessitates a client update, idk.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Matt said the stupid pro player name "issue" should be sorted this week in Twitch chat last night, I think. Maybe this could be the same update as the compendium? Or maybe that's not something that necessitates a client update, idk.

What exactly is the issue? Haven't been following that closely.

G.ZZZ

yup

j4VsUSR.jpg

Meracle max cleave first if he have to farm, or warcry first if he has to fight early. One level only in stun #believeinMeracle

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What exactly is the issue? Haven't been following that closely.

If they change their names once they can't change them again for edit: 2 weeks.

I'm pretty sure it was designed to cut down on name swapping, but now everyone just switched to troll names. eg. Arteezy = Allison

Einbroch

Banned
It's actually two weeks.

My brother thought he could change it, but when he realized he couldn't, he avoided telling my mom where she could watch him play. :lol

ACE 1991

im really interested in playing her but her playstyle is really aggressive and its put me off giving her a try

Though I'm certainly no TA pro, if you're going blink dagger (easily the most fun way to play this hero, in my opinion) make sure that when you combo it with meld strike you blink by clicking directly on top of your target (as opposed to clicking your blink dagger near or right next to it) so that when you meld there isn't a chance that the ability is out of range. I found this tip really useful.

Hylian7

Though I'm certainly no TA pro, if you're going blink dagger (easily the most fun way to play this hero, in my opinion) make sure that when you combo it with meld strike you blink by clicking directly on top of your target (as opposed to clicking your blink dagger near or right next to it) so that when you meld there isn't a chance that the ability is out of range. I found this tip really useful.
I prefer the Phase > Drums > Yasha route on her. Blink is good, sure, I usually do better and get more out of stacking MS like that, plus damage as well.

ksan

don't stop farming, gank with runes or sometimes tps
remember that refraction charges aren't used when you deny

nilbog21

Banned
blink is good for aggressive play and getting out of sticky situations (meld->blink), a must IMO

2. don't miss any runes

3. use traps effectively for vision/map control. insanely good

items don't really matter

Calidor

I play her with more often with tanky carry builds rather than a glass cannon ganker so my rules are:

magic wand WILL save your life
treads if you are good at switching
Farm farm farm - runes, tunes, runes
Psionic traps at Rosh pit, ancient uphill (radiant), jungle entry (dire), jungling spots, runes, you get the idea
Manta is good to disable silences and pushing
Diffusal for burning mana and purging dusts
deso for quick farm /push (you can kill an entire waves before they touch your own creeps)
I usually get either Linkens (if they have good initiators like Bat/dagger lion/rhasta) or BKB

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
This BTS passive aggression lol. I could see this coming days ago. Merlini is kind of a dick frankly. He seems to challenge everything and won't let anything pass - inconsequential things sometimes. Zyori doesn't help, but yeah I know everyone is quick to shit on him. I'm not a fan either. I didn't really catch what happened, will have to check VOD - probably something silly - but I knew shit hit the fan when twitch chat was spamming "CRINGE".

You can't say something like that without linking a vod man! come on man you're killing me i want to watch the "cringe"

M.D

so i've not played solo que in forever

solo que, our lineup sucks and a very bad alch ends up solo top against 2 ranged and feeds, the storm mid rages and decides to feed from one point on uses all his mana to get into the enemy team and just stand there and die

he ended up 1-16

the alch knew he was going top solo against 2 ranged heroes yet he got his first point into greevil's greed and then acid spray

he put up 3 points into greevil's greed before i told him since he's not getting any last hits its better if he put those points into his stun or acid spray

Pratfall

thanks for the sven tips everyone! I still really struggle with playing position 1 melee carries or playing 1 position at all. I consider myself a solo offlane or support player and have been trying other roles when I feel confident. I like being able to play aggressively without it costing us the game and I am not a great last hitter.

Top Bottom