• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

bounchfx

I don't know, it seems like a pretty fair deal, considering they setup the systems, the marketing, the base models, and the consumer base for you. They built the game after all.

yeah, I'm not that upset at the 75/25%, but... it gets tough when you consider two things. 1) Sony gives 40+% for PlayerStudio, and 2) when you do anything with organizations they like to get at LEAST 50%. When a lot of times it's the items that sell it.

a solution to this would be to assign the default values to each part (ticket, item), and break up the revenue based on that. Also, always make sure the ticket is sold standalone for those that don't want the items.

In addition to that, you'd figure Valve wants to grow esports and Dota so they could at least maybe change the 75/25 split to something like 70/20/10 (valve/creator/org) to encourage that stuff. but naw, who knows what they're thinking, heh.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yeah, I'm not that upset at the 75/25%, but... it gets tough when you consider two things. 1) Sony gives 40+% for PlayerStudio, and 2) when you do anything with organizations they like to get at LEAST 50%. When a lot of times it's the items that sell it.

a solution to this would be to assign the default values to each part (ticket, item), and break up the revenue based on that. Also, always make sure the ticket is sold standalone for those that don't want the items.

In addition to that, you'd figure Valve wants to grow esports and Dota so they could at least maybe change the 75/25 split to something like 70/20/10 (valve/creator/org) to encourage that stuff. but naw, who knows what they're thinking, heh.

I know what they're thinking...

1855667-gabe_vg_cats_money_pool.jpg

Aselith

I know what they're thinking...

1855667-gabe_vg_cats_money_pool.jpg

I dunno they don't seem that shortsighted. Growing the scene makes them more money long term and having couriers and stuff helps with that and revenue. Maybe they're worried about diluting the brand I guess but all these couriers are unique so I don't see how that would work.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I don't know, it seems like a pretty fair deal, considering they setup the systems, the marketing, the base models, and the consumer base for you. They built the game after all.
Pretty fair is 70/30. Are item sets 70/30 like Steam?

25% on tournaments seems absurd to me for sustainability of smaller events and artists/casters. Especially if you split 50% with a promotion org.

Valve milking a few extra thousand here or there isn't worth damaging sustainability. It seems like a pushed change to just limit bad items and that bear seems to be one of the best imo.

Skinpop

What a horrible fucking game I just had.
Pink last picks pudge after we already have mid hero. DK starts whining and they dual lane mid. DK buys a bottle, pudge steals it. Our spectre who is dks friend makes his way down to the mid lane and they both start intentionally feeding. As soon as they respawn they just queue up move command to enemy mid tier tower basically.
They fed something like 30 kills together in a few minutes.

4k isn't exactly pro level but I thought I wouldn't have to put up with shit like this.

Karakand

I wish half my smurf games were as easy as Kagestack -twins:
iyDGEsBF8ZlBP.png

So fucking ez.

Haly a person I stack with has built Boots of Travel more than Drums of Endurance.
It's their fourth most built item according to Dotabuff. fml

Don't be that guy.

Hupsel

Of course I go into ranked mode, 3 people in my team random their heroes, dont have any idea what to do and we get stomped.

Low Tier
I cant stand people who fucking try to act cute or troll when they're on a streamer's team.

fuck off blue and purple

Ketch

On Fear's stream his profile has 3700 games played but only 700 wins?... maybe I just saw it wrong.

edit: dotabuff says 2400 wins, I must have just seen it wrong.

Aselith

Every single high level game has a Mirana...?

Why would you not pick Mirana? There is nothing not good about her. She has a strong AOE damage spell, she has a great escape, she has a long ass stun skillshot and whole team invisibility. Yeah you can see them with a gem or dust but they can still get the drop on you with it and if you drop the gem carrier that's gone. She's got timer issues that's about it.

Why would you not pick Mirana. She rides a fucking tiger, guy. A FUCKING TIGER WITH BIG OLD BALLS C/O BASED ANUXI

Hupsel

Why would you not pick Mirana? There is nothing not good about her. She has a strong AOE damage spell, she has a great escape, she has a long ass stun skillshot and whole team invisibility. Yeah you can see them with a gem or dust but they can still get the drop on you with it and if you drop the gem carrier that's gone. She's got timer issues that's about it.

Why would you not pick Mirana. She rides a fucking tiger, guy. A FUCKING TIGER WITH BIG OLD BALLS C/O BASED ANUXI

Yeah I know I pick her a lot too. :3
Also shes fun as hell with the sacred arrows.
But it sucks to play against her.

Nirvana

I cant stand people who fucking try to act cute or troll when they're on a streamer's team.

fuck off blue and purple

Blue was obnoxious as fuck and although at first I thought purple was getting a lot of hate just because of not getting a bkb, turned out he was an obnoxious little shithead as well.

'lel I'm so cool, I don't need bkb because I'm so cool lel. Who cares if we're losing it's not even ranked, tryhard morph lel'

I'm no Arteezy fan, but he was pretty justified in calling those guys out on their shit.

acj35.gif

Dares

vD1kfdg.png

I have no DOTA friends so here I am. Just won one of "those games" where my teams picks three of the hardest carries and I am the only support. They got our throne to half but we held twice with my wards + double hex.

We won and it was fucking hard.

Jeebus.

manfestival

Arteezy SF is wrecking hard. 6 Min blink dagger sheesh.

you gotta give SK some credit bro. basically the scrap where arteezy came up with 4 kills was pretty much SK setting up 3 of the kills and dazzle coming in at the end making the 4th kill happen

Lotto

you gotta give SK some credit bro. basically the scrap where arteezy came up with 4 kills was pretty much SK setting up 3 of the kills and dazzle coming in at the end making the 4th kill happen

Of course, credit to the other team for feeding them as much too lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If you haven't been watching this Arteezy SF game you just missed out on life.

What's the point of language preferences?

I understand some servers offer better connections/queue time, but queuing for English and having three people simply insist on only using Spanish is frustrating. At least make use of the chat wheel, those are universal!

FACE

Banned
Every time I see a chinese team picking LD I have flashbacks of that horrible IG x DK game from TI 3.

Edit: Holy shit, that eclipse!

Edit 2: Talking about IG x VG for The Summit's chinese qualifiers, by the way. Link is on the post above mine.

Top Bottom