• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The hardest thing for me is that my mid/carry play isn't actually that great, I'd say it's awfully average (109 is a better mid player than I am). My support and offlane are a lot stronger, but they aren't really positions that can "carry" the game or snowball at all.

If that 5k MMR experiment is correct on its hypothesis, you would be in the bracket where playing a good support can actually make a difference in your personal win rate.

SamVimes

LMAO ENVY WHAT THE FUCK

The hardest thing for me is that my mid/carry play isn't actually that great, I'd say it's awfully average (109 is a better mid player than I am). My support and offlane are significantly better, but they aren't really positions that can "carry" the game or snowball at all.

??? play offlane clock, win pubs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MLG TKO has the most confusing schedule. Theyre playing 3 games for some reason?

They have some really odd brackets.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/MLG_T.K.O._Tournament/America

8 Teams in a one game Round Robin, into a 5 Teams two game Round Robin, into a 3 Team three game Round Robin (Going on now), then the BO5 finals.

C9 needs to take this next game, or they are going to have some real trouble getting into the finals. Though Worst case, they come in 3rd and get $4,500.

SamVimes

Honestly people are blaming (somewhat rightfully) EE but that was seriously the worst Wisp game i've seen from Pieliedie in forever.

Mordeccai

I just played against the biggest piece of shit team. Think I'm done with dota for a couple days.

This team pushed our shit in, we had two people right off the bat call "mid or feed" and they both did. All T2s down within 15 minutes. They took one set of rax.

Guess what the piece of shit midas sniper did? He sits right outside our fountain, for literally eight minutes, and they do nothing but kill us as we spawn. Eight fucking minutes of this while he continued to buy shit from our shop. They dont touch the rax, they dont move, they just type "u mad noobs" and stuff like that and farm the fountain. It was insufferable.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
The hardest thing for me is that my mid/carry play isn't actually that great, I'd say it's awfully average (109 is a better mid player than I am). My support and offlane are significantly better, but they aren't really positions that can "carry" the game or snowball at all.

At least you're good at something :(

Haly

4500 is like the copper of Very High doto.

Guess what the piece of shit midas sniper did? He sits right outside our fountain, for literally eight minutes, and they do nothing but kill us as we spawn. Eight fucking minutes of this while he continued to buy shit from our shop. They dont touch the rax, they dont move, they just type "u mad noobs" and stuff like that and farm the fountain. It was insufferable.
Why is it that most of the sociopaths you see in Dota 2 are Sniper players?

Haly

Because Sniper is a sociopathic hero.

Just look at 1.09's mid Sniper.

BigAT

you don't have to counterpick against a luna who doesn't get bkb

0NHKaP4.jpg

God Enel

I just played against the biggest piece of shit team. Think I'm done with dota for a couple days.

This team pushed our shit in, we had two people right off the bat call "mid or feed" and they both did. All T2s down within 15 minutes. They took one set of rax.

when shit like that happens to me, just mute, report and minimize dota for 5-10 minutes and browse the net. these motherfuckers never want to end the game and dunno why.

Artanisix

What would bkb have done that game compared to more raw ehp from satanic/skadi/bfly? Seriously. Or is everyone just ignoring the high-damage Clinkz and Mirana and bkb-piercing Batrider?

Demoli

Maybe avoiding the constant nyx and cm stuns/slows? Arrow aswell. It's not like Bat was the only stun on EG, not to mention all the damage she would be avoiding aswell, like the CM ult.

Finalow

What would bkb have done that game compared to more raw ehp from satanic/skadi/bfly? Seriously. Or is everyone just ignoring the high-damage Clinkz and Mirana and bkb-piercing Batrider?
I'm sure he would have less deaths, also he would have been able to do things like using satanic, last team fight of the game (and not just that) he couldn't even use it because of lack of bkb.
come on, batrider or not luna needed bkb in that game.

envy is probably the only one skipping bkb on luna, #roadtoTI4.

ksan

I think it's probably the other way around, for me it seems like his reluctance of getting BKBs on a lot of heroes shows that his whole approach to playing carry is wrong in many games.
In the games cloud9 loses it seems like it's attributable to envy in a majority of the cases. There's simply not any way for his team mates to set up a proper game plan around a carry who has clearly gone mad.

Not to mention his willingness to play heroes which he has no idea on how to play, them 90% mana ball lightnings.

It just makes cloud9 look really bad when they lose, but the scene overall seem to be really unstable, you see a lot of weird results.

edit: Actually, I have no idea who's doing the drafting, but it's pretty bad as well.

Finalow

I think it's probably the other way around, for me it seems like his reluctance of getting BKBs on a lot of heroes shows that his whole approach to playing carry is wrong in many games.
In the games cloud9 loses it seems like it's attributable to envy in a majority of the cases. There's simply not any way for his team mates to set up a proper game plan around a carry who has clearly gone mad.

Not to mention his willingness to play heroes which he has no idea on how to play, them 90% mana ball lightnings.

It just makes cloud9 look really bad when they lose, but the scene overall seem to be really unstable, you see a lot of weird results.

edit: Actually, I have no idea who's doing the drafting, but it's pretty bad as well.
fun (and also truth) fact: envy is the worst player on C9. worst player shouldn't play carry.

SamVimes

Maybe avoiding the constant nyx and cm stuns/slows? Arrow aswell. It's not like Bat was the only stun on EG, not to mention all the damage she would be avoiding aswell, like the CM ult.

I mean the story of every fight c9 lost was that envy got lassoed and permastunned to death. If he couldn't get off manta to confuse the bat how was he ever gonna bkb in time?

Top Bottom