• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Eldon

Fnatic GG'd and essentially forfeited because they had to go play their Starladder match. They couldn't finish the game fast enough.

So yesterday or two days ago they lost one game by forfeit and now they actually forfeit.
This is a busy schedule wow

So yesterday or two days ago they lost one game by forfeit and now they actually forfeit.
This is a busy schedule wow
Either there really are too many tournaments flooding right now and teams need to be more selective in what they sign up for to have room in the schedules (this could actually lead up to a healthier B tier scene in theory), or they just have a poor manager who can't keep up with his schedules.

When is Na'Vi playing again? Been ages since I've seen them play consistently :(

And what happened to Fear's arm? Just when he gets a good team around him. Poor guy.

Lotto

ygxtEGM.png

KingKong

Either there really are too many tournaments flooding right now and teams need to be more selective in what they sign up for to have room in the schedules (this could actually lead up to a healthier B tier scene in theory), or they just have a poor manager who can't keep up with his schedules.

There are definitely too many tournaments at the same time. There's really no reason to have so many group stages before playoffs when its just the same teams playing against each other

I mean that's being a good sport but the game wasn't totally over even if Fnatic were in the lead

GAF, I need some advice on Dragon Knight.

He's the only strength carry left I really don't feel comfortable playing. Every time I play him, even when I get good early farm or a few kills, I just feel... weak. With other carries or semi-carries there is always that point where you can really feel the hero peaking, but I never get that with dragon knight and I always feel like I'm somehow behind even when I have plenty of gold and experience.

What should I be building and where does he peak? Also, what's the deal with playing him mid?

Acinixys

In other news Qinsane vs Fnatic was a joke

Fnatic 1st pick Tony + Wisp

Qinsane proceed to select marshmallow heroes

- Drow/Weaver/Visage/Dazzle/QoP

Tiny is godlike at 13 mins

Insane GG out at 17 mins

How can you knowingly pick such a retarded lineup vs n0tail Wisp + Era Tony?

SamVimes

In other news Qinsane vs Fnatic was a joke

Fnatic 1st pick Tony + Wisp

Qinsane proceed to select marshmallow heroes

- Drow/Weaver/Visage/Dazzle/QoP

Tiny is godlike at 13 mins

Insane GG out at 17 mins

How can you knowingly pick such a retarded lineup vs n0tail Wisp + Era Tony?
They were relying on their obviously superior positioning.

Artanisix

Because sometimes you just want to practice against a team's most comfortable lineup. Or maybe they had some theoretical anti-tiny-wisp strats. Or maybe they're just inexperienced.

Demoli

He's the only strength carry left I really don't feel comfortable playing. Every time I play him, even when I get good early farm or a few kills, I just feel... weak. With other carries or semi-carries there is always that point where you can really feel the hero peaking, but I never get that with dragon knight and I always feel like I'm somehow behind even when I have plenty of gold and experience.

What should I be building and where does he peak? Also, what's the deal with playing him mid?

You should be going mid and never going hard carry. Dk really can't hard carry versus other proper carries, he is more of a utility role. You have decent lane presence with decent tank and a wave clearing nuke. You go 4-1-1-1 by level 7, and you take towers with your ult. Your stun is amaazing, and even though it has gotten slightly nerfed, it's still great.

I usually build Bottle-Threads-Drums-BKB, though some people prefer to build a Shadow Blade inbetween for slightly better initiation. After Bkb your core is done though, and from there on it's up to you and what you need. More damage? Mjolnir is great with recent buffs. AC gives a lot of tank and AS for you and your team. Daedalus gives you more single target damaage and MKB is great vs Evasion. Heart and Satanic greatly boost your survivability aswell.

TL,DR; Go mid, push towers, you can build pretty much any decent item and you'll be fine.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What should I be building and where does he peak?
Standard: Treads, Drums, BKB
If Mid: Bottle
If Side: Soul Ring
Situational: Assault Cuirass, Heart, Crystalis, Satanic
Pinoy Style: Shadowblade (huehuheuuehueue)

He peaks at 16-20, when his 3rd form amplifies all his farm up to then.

Also, what's the deal with playing him mid?
Regen and armor through passive, good farming/harass through his nuke, level 6 is a very strong tower killer. He's seen less mid play ever since the bottle crowing nerf, which probably hit him the hardest of all.

Calidor

rV4yEPu.jpg

how is this shit even fair? I get matched against a 5 stack with my same MMR

On my team? 2 man stacks, one of them 1k MMR lower than me WTF

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

He's good mid because he's very survivable with his passive. He's also not really a hard carry. You will probably never have a game where you get 30 kills with that hero. You just build him tanky, get an AC on him and right click on buildings with dragon form up. He's a really good damage sponge late game and really hard to bring down with a BKB, heart and a team behind you.

Low Tier
ok guys im only playing faceless void now lets see how long i can keep this up

my void slew procarbine+ellen pudge+dimon222+CCC+DICKNOSE nerdstack so hard last night

y2ohQiA.png

so begins my crusade

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

my void slew procarbine ellen pudge nerdstack so hard last night

You will become the RTZ of mid voids.

Jarnet87

Anyone else been noticing any influx of moronic players going racecar build on carrys?

Played like 4 games yesterday where the carry went racecar like a complete fool. Maybe it's just being in the trench.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If I'm 3700 Ranked, but I'm only playing solo unranked and 2/3 man queues what happens to my hidden MMR (and thus the skill of my unranked opponents)?

Maybe I should get a smurf to 50 MMR and see what happens.
ihRU4iIWikz0h.png

Jesus christ. Literally ALL your fault that Earth Spirit was nerfed to the ground.
That's not the feedback I was hoping for ;_;

my void slew procarbine ellen pudge nerdstack so hard last night

y2ohQiA.png

so begins my crusade
I legit love Void now.

jokkir

What's up with the influx of terrible Dota 2 players recently? I play on random and so many players are so bad. I just got a game where a Lina didn't buy any items at the beginning and was just auto attacking pushing the lane forward. Then the person decides to call me bad. I don't even.

Actually the variance in 'mmrs' or 'ranks' was somewhat fixed, in the sense that you couldn't go into a ranked match with anyone of more than 5 rank disparity. The main difference with Halo was that they had two different ranks. You had your physically displayed ranked (0-50) and then you had what was like similar to MMR underneath it, invisibly being checked and scaled according to win/loss underneath that physical representation.

It wasn't that Bungie 'didn't give a damn' it's that the problems were essentially impossible to fix without removing rankings entirely. Which is why they did remove rankings in Halo Reach and waited until public outcry to introduce them in Halo 4. It's also likely the reason Valve waited to implement ranked matchmaking into Dota, because it comes with a host of issues.

Edit: In fact Bungie cared enough to create the 'banhammer' being the originators of the term
I stand corrected as far as Bungie caring is concerned. Saying that it's impossible to fix is ridiculous, HON had this problem and that's how they fixed it.

Kard8p3

my void slew procarbine+ellen pudge+dimon222+CCC+DICKNOSE nerdstack so hard last night

y2ohQiA.png

so begins my crusade

Wtf change ur avatar back I didn't know who u were

Kard8p3

rV4yEPu.jpg

how is this shit even fair? I get matched against a 5 stack with my same MMR

On my team? 2 man stacks, one of them 1k MMR lower than me WTF

Who would imagine gyro could carry at almost 50 mins into a match vs an early game push oriented team. Game is hard.

Fuck double post Sry I'm on mobile :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if leaderboards will be part of a larger update or just a "leaderboards and 10 item sets, yo, enjoy!"

Either way, they seem likely to hit this week.

"We are proud to announce leader board and a box of items. Oh yeah, and part of item sales from box go to leader board people. Well, have fun!"

We really could use more boxes though, only 2 are dropping now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lycan RTZ, this gonna be good.

Why would EG even ban SF? Have they ever even watched EE stream it?

Isn't Sing a really good SF? Veno does not feel like a SingSing hero, and more of just what he is getting stuck with.

My most hyped addition to the game at this point is Shadow Fiend's visual remake

I uhh... am easily excitable.

I don't even know how to play Shadow Fiend, or even mid for that matter

Top Bottom