• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
who is moon

He is one of those twitch streamin guys. You can safely ignore him, I think he is one of those guys who does the whole "yolo 420 swag" act (I can't think of a good name for it right now) that helped ruined the HoN community.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
tumblr_m83whb2RGu1qcqljxo1_500.gif

This was me when Bulldog and RTZ played against each other a few days ago.

Hylian7

OFF WE GO

OH MY HOMIES

OFF WE GO

DO NOT RUN, WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS!

Edit: Merlini playing non-Dota WC3 now?! Oh god yes! This game is soo good, I've been playing it a bit lately.

However it makes me sad I have never been able to find a Dota 1 match anymore. DotaCash, the top provider of matches (that usually have people join) has had their servers fucked for the last few days. I really wanted to play Arc Warden on stream.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
He is one of those twitch streamin guys. You can safely ignore him, I think he is one of those guys who does the whole "yolo 420 swag" act (I can't think of a good name for it right now) that helped ruined the HoN community.

na hon community was the best community

s2 just ruined the game but that's beside the point

So, my team picks 4 carry. And we win. I really couldnt believe how it was posible for us to win fights, but it happened again and again:

You rode their teams incompetance to success. For starters, their shadow shaman straight up fed. Granted he's not the most mobile hero, but you don't get to 0-14 with any hero without running straight into death willingly. Next, they went for a very push heavy lineup, but clearly didn't do a lot of pushing. All they had to do was pick one person off and 5 man doto into a tower, rinse, and repeat. Between Plague Wards, Serpent Wards, and DP Ulti, they should have been knockin down towers by the 8 minute mark. Instead, it looks like they sat around and went for... late game? Against that lineup? What the crap...

Next, their item selections are criminally bad, Shadow Blade Pudge literally gives me AIDS, Blademail on Veno gives me brain damage--actually, how did he even get that much gold? Nevermind, I'm getting sidetracked. BKB on Void against that lineup is just silly. Sure, it blocks Luna ulti, but if you're playing against a Luna you save Chrono for her anyway and burst her down. Battlefury or Mjollnir would have helped much more. Your 4 carries are largely melee and medium range heroes, which means in any team fight you're going to be kind of clumped up, 4 man Chrono's should have been ez. Could have easily burst one down (Luna is always the correct choice) and started work on another before the enemies had time to react.

I got a 45 games smurf and it queues higher than my main acc. I think I'll pull this through until I can play ranked games and enjoy 4k+ solo Q.

You can still check on which bracket your games are via dotamax.com/player/detail/x/

(x = your dotabuff-id that you'll find in the browser. Usually an 8-digit number)

Very high bracket starts at 3.8k MMR I think and all my games on my smurf are on VH and I still wreck. I feels kinda good playing without pressure.

G.ZZZ

I got a 45 games smurf and it queues higher than my main acc. I think I'll pull this through until I can play ranked games and enjoy 4k+ solo Q.

You can still check on which bracket your games are via dotamax.com/player/detail/x/

(x = your dotabuff-id that you'll find in the browser. Usually an 8-digit number)

Very high bracket starts at 3.8k MMR I think and all my games on my smurf are on VH and I still wreck. I feels kinda good playing without pressure.

ELO HELL IS REAL

ELO HELL IS REAL
Naw, I'm not saying that. I'm almost at 4k in party MMR but I'm not really good enough to single handedly get me out of 3.6k solo MMR. It just comes down to who has less idiots on the team as I'm really not individually head and shoulders above anyone to reliably win more games than I lose.

Me faring this well at my smurf might well have something to do with me playing without pressure because I don't give a fuck about losses on that acc. It's all in my head.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So, my team picks 4 carry. And we win. I really couldnt believe how it was posible for us to win fights, but it happened again and again:

Whoa how the fuck did you win with that lineup against Death Prophet, Shadow Shaman and Venomancer? They should have splitpushed all of your T2s by like 20 minutes

inkls

Skrillaxe is fucking genious.

Yeah, my personal favorite is elder titanfall.

Glad to see they did something about the guy though, I saw some posts saying he probably can't make an alt account because Valve needs your credentials so that you can make a profit from the workshop. Is that correct?

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Yeah, my personal favorite is elder titanfall.

Glad to see they did something about the guy though, I saw some posts saying he probably can't make an alt account because Valve needs your credentials so that you can make a profit from the workshop. Is that correct?

yup, unless he makes a new name and bank account or something :p

dave is ok

aztek is ok
What kind of maniac tweets Valve asking why his account is locked after screenshots of him threatening workshop artists are all over the internet?

Never change, Eastern Europe.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
To be honest, it doesn't even look like he made all that much off of his shenanigans. The only item that he is marked as a contributor that got in was the Nether Lord set.

In other news, now e-Club Malaysia submitted a new item set to the workshop too, a Gyrocopter set:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=242006989
B5BD64A3C10A2D0D2007DA4869FC41B38FDBA228

Both them and Perfect World submitting items to the workshop with no description can't be just be coincidence, right? e-Club does have other stuff submitted since last year though, where Perfect World started like 2 weeks ago.

inkls

yup, unless he makes a new name and bank account or something :p

That's good to know. Thanks. Glad to know he won't be able to easily restart his operations.

What kind of maniac tweets Valve asking why his account is locked after screenshots of him threatening workshop artists are all over the internet?

Never change, Eastern Europe.

This isn't limited to Eastern Europe, alot of people underestimate what they post on the Internet. Just look at internet scandals in general: People say or post stuff on the internet without thinking that it's recorded and they'll try wriggling away from it. That guy has pretty good reasons to want his account unbanned due to the value of some of the items he stored on it.

He might have also figured that playing innocent or (don't know if it happened yet) claiming that someone else was using his account might get him unbanned long enough to recover some of his money.

Top Bottom