• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

you say that but merlini would own you
emoticon-12284-src-a6b6b993cb7adcce-28x28.png

Most played hero on my smurf lol

http://dotabuff.com/players/167701121

I enjoy playing him but he sucks in most circumstances.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You probably suck but don't worry, we all did at some point. I got a 58% winrate against Sniper. Even 6-slotted, he's easy to kill although his right clicks get pretty nasty late game. The only scenario where I found myself in a little bit of trouble (other than utter stomps by the enemy team where a Sniper happened to be on their team) is going high ground against a farmed Sniper. That indeed can get pretty rough.

I still find Sniper annoying to play against if the enemy team is half competent. Even if you can get close to him that means that you've just jumped into the middle of the rest of them. Its the same problem every initiator has except you have to actually kill him.

I still find Sniper annoying to play against if the enemy team is half competent. Even if you can get close to him that means that you've just jumped into the middle of the rest of them. Its the same problem every initiator has except you have to actually kill him.

Off the top of my head these heroes wreck him:

- Clockwerk
- Phantom Assassin
- Brewmaster
- Centaur
- Slardar
- Spirit Breaker
- Anti-Mage
- QoP
- Faceless Void
- Earthshaker
- Sand King
- Nyx
- Axe
- Bane
- Batrider
- Bounty Hunter
- Chaos Knight
- Huskar
- Mirana
- Naga
- Phoenix
- Riki
- Clinkz
- Slark
- Spectre
- Pudge
- Storm Spirit
- Tiny (Blink build)
- Ursa (Blink)

That's quite a list of heroes who are really fucking good against him. Basically blink initiatiors and stunners.

52club

That range increase on BH's track is really nice.

Sniper is super dangerous if you allow him farm/kills. If his team protects him with lockdown once he can get deso up it gets really hard to crack the base even if you have have a decent lead. So most higher level teams just gang up on him in the first 10 minutes rendering him useless for the next 20 minutes.

BigAT

Has DT done much before this? I haven't heard of them and they managed to 2-0 LGD and iG in addition to being ahead on Newbee right now.

Calidor

Has DT done much before this? I haven't heard of them and they managed to 2-0 LGD and iG in addition to being ahead on Newbee right now.

A fairly recent team formed with vets (ex RS) + pubstars. This week they have won all top tier teams in China, before that they took games a few games here and there

G.ZZZ

They came in 3rd in some tournament lately, don't remember which one. Air and Injuly have been around forever , especially Injuly iirc.

kvk1

I had a pathetic Dota dream last night.

I was captain of a team (?) in a LAN drafting against PPD (?), and in the draft you could actually ban items (?) alongside heroes.

He banned wards against me, and I could hear Bruno in the background saying how brilliant of a move that was, and how I was denied complete vision throughout the game, and how I was not good at this whole captain thing.

It was just the saddest thing to wake up to.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I had a pathetic Dota dream last night.

I was captain of a team (?) in a LAN drafting against PPD (?), and in the draft you could actually ban items (?) alongside heroes.

He banned wards against me, and I could hear Bruno in the background saying how brilliant of a move that was, and how I was denied complete vision throughout the game, and how I was not good at this whole captain thing.

It was just the saddest thing to wake up to.

I've had Dotadreams too man and yeah I'm just as bad there as I am in real life. It has actually become a pretty regular occurrence where I'll wake up just after making a game-losing play. I've actually just gotten used to that first few conscious moments with that sunken gut feeling.

kvk1

I've had Dotadreams too man and yeah I'm just as bad there as I am in real life. It has actually become a pretty regular occurrence where I'll wake up just after making a game-losing play. I've actually just gotten used to that first few conscious moments with that sunken gut feeling.

Haha, well it's good to know I'm not the only one.

Skab

I dont know that painting characters over another piece of art can qualify as amazing. They couldn't even be bothered to take out the copyright stamp.

Calidor

I dont know that painting characters over another piece of art can qualify as amazing. They couldn't even be bothered to take out the copyright stamp.

is just my nostalgia kicking in... so many hours
years
spent doing Meph / Baal runs

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The Compendium was out by now last year - and TI3 was in mid-August instead of mid-July

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Ketch

So many pro players get hand of midas is it really good for some heroes? I bought it once only :X

I think it's only good if your team is okay with you not showing up for fights, or not doing shit in fights. Which means it's never good in pubs.

I find it's okay when I'm playing in a stack, but I always make sure to let everyone know, hey guys I'm going to try and farm a lot so I'm buying hand of midas…. and then they say no so I don't buy it anyway.

Top Bottom