• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Why do people bitch and moan with report threats because I won't go die with them? Fuck you I'm not TPing into your tower to make the fight 3-5. 3-5 loses, just not as quickly as 2-5. Same goes for pushing uphill into a base when all our ults are down and all of their ults are up and ready to use :\

Their decision making is obviously not the problem, your loyalty is.

My favorite is when people die in lane to an unexpected 4-5 man push, and then desperately rage-ping the T1 that has a quarter HP as the enemy team closes in on it, as if defending a hopeless tower 3v5 would somehow make up for them dying

I'm certain there's a high correlation between MMR and IQ
I dunno, yesterday I saw Artery stream a pub in which his QoP teammate rushed a headdress first and didn't buy boots at all, so there's always the exceptions.

The game certainly needs high levels of awareness and thinking know your feet to do well though, at least in the pro scene.

Razzer

You have 0 wards on the map
Your carry is farming your Jungle
Enemies take Rosh
You ping your carry from base and tell him to leave cause he will die
Literally 5 secs later all 5 enemies kill him because he stayed jungling
Fucking noob report doesnt ward or help me in gank gg noobs worst team 2014 enjoy LPQ retard

- Dota 2
I had the best example of this today. I'm mid, beating a clinkz easily, he goes to bot rune and gets a dd. I call 'clinkz dd rune bot care'. He is under a ward during all this. He then walks into our jungle visibly between the medium and large camp (we are radiant). I ping him out as this happens. My friend is bot with an Ember Spirit as Kotl. He retreats to the tower, says 'b' in chat, and pings where clinkz has likely gotten to by now. I also ping. Ember sits there, after all of this effort, and to no ones surprise clinkz pops invis and kills him. Except, apparently, Ember is surprised. 'WTF why no call Clinkz?' I shit you not he said this. I say I did, he says 'you didn't call dd though'.

This means that:
1. He did see me call it, so he was lying on purpose to avoid blame.

2. He is still doing this, as I did call the dd.

3. He somehow thought that it was ok to stay in the middle of a fairly pushed lane, pre level 6, despite all this.

4. He thought the dd actually made a difference when he already had 2 lane opponents so a 3v1 scenario was set up.

I audibly sighed.

I like Sheever and it seems like she works hard to stay on top of lots of stuff, but I do not enjoy her as a caster.

I like Sheever. Yes, she doesn't have the amount of knowledge people like Merlini or Synderan, but she has worked her ass off commentating trash tier matches that nobody else would touch, and has gotten consistantly better as time goes on. Say what you want about her, but that girl works her ass off and deserves at least some amount of respect from the community for it. I would rather have her than Ayesee to be honest.

Ayesee needs to work on his awareness and what his co-commentators say and he'll be a ton better, but I haven't seen that much improvement as of late so I'm not a fan of most of his casts.

WAIT. WHAT THE HELL???? Ayesee has CO-COMMENTATORS!? When did this happen? Every match I've ever seen him commentate he just talks continuously until he's blue in the face 20-90 minutes later. Oh, and if the game lasts more than 50 minutes he spends the remaining time trash talking how long and boring the match is and criticizing the teams for playing to win rather than slugging it out suicidally.

The dude has had like 3 years now to get it together and he's actually regressed and gotten worse than when he starting being the main commentator for big ticket events.

On Sheever
I think I would be the first one to know if I was invited, and I know of nothing tbh. I am invited to cast the qualifiers for the EU Hub and think maybe there is some confusion with that? Thanks for all the kind words though :) really means a lot.

Kard8p3

wsurSmW.png

0 wespect from the god of dota

I needed this to make it through the day, ty.

Arkanius

>Installed Linux to increase productivity in the last months of my thesis
>Installed Steam to check the performance
>DOTA2 works always above 60fps with everything maxed.

Fuck my life

Hats really are everything. Which is weird Valve seems so inconsistent adding them recently, considering it's the main income of the game.

They can't keep this once a month 8 set chest thing going. Contributors will just give up. It's especially annoying they've added tons of new heroes to be item ready and are working on many more, but add stuff for Dragon Knight and Faceless Void who have a million items, or wait like 3 months to add one super rare set for the new hero.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hats really are everything. Which is weird Valve seems so inconsistent adding them recently, considering it's the main income of the game.

They can't keep this once a month 8 set chest thing going. Contributors will just give up. It's especially annoying they've added tons of new heroes to be item ready and are working on many more, but add stuff for Dragon Knight and Faceless Void who have a million items, or wait like 3 months to add one super rare set for the new hero.

Yeah I dunno what they're doing with cosmetics right now. Aside from the player or team sponsored ones we've actually gotten very few new items in the last few months. And what we have gotten has seemed mostly pretty generic stuff or for the same old heroes.

And I can't think of when the last time there were new single items. Considering many of the best items are singles, that's disappointing to me.

Yeah I dunno what they're doing with cosmetics right now. Aside from the player or team sponsored ones we've actually gotten very few new items in the last few months. And what we have gotten has seemed mostly pretty generic stuff or for the same old heroes.

And I can't think of when the last time there were new single items. Considering many of the best items are singles, that's disappointing to me.

Valve even said that single items are some of the most popular items in the game. They really need to rethink their current strategy, because it seems to be frustrating for contributors to put so much work into something and see a month old mediocre Dragon Knight set be added and then they have to wait another month for another chance, all while a backlog of popular and shippable sets just keeps growing.

And you have tons of contributors who make only single items, and often a very high quality single item can be worth more to a person than a mediocre set.

Also some people like buying sets from the store directly. I have, cash in hand, ready to buy a Clockwerk set. I didn't like the one they added to the chest, but plenty on the workshop I do like. And now I have to hold onto that money for another month, as I wait for a chance to get items for a hero I like?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Valve even said that single items are some of the most popular items in the game. They really need to rethink their current strategy, because it seems to be frustrating for contributors to put so much work into something and see a month old mediocre Dragon Knight set be added and then they have to wait another month for another chance, all while a backlog of popular and shippable sets just keeps growing.

And you have tons of contributors who make only single items, and often a very high quality single item can be worth more to a person than a mediocre set.

Also some people like buying sets from the store directly. I have, cash in hand, ready to buy a Clockwerk set. I didn't like the one they added to the chest, but plenty on the workshop I do like. And now I have to hold onto that money for another month, as I wait for a chance to get items for a hero I like?

Yeah honestly when was the last time we got a cool single item like the Dragonclaw or Rotten Stache? Some of the most valuable items in the game and also most unique. More of that shit please. Keep the hero sets which are mostly a generic slight color change as far as I'm concerned.

I have no doubt we'll see some cool single items with TI4 with a luckbox and shirts and stuff, but no reason we have to wait all year for stuff like that.

manfestival

this dude was ursa the other day and suicide blink daggered into the enemy. then he proceeded to yell angry things at the team. I told him that he suicided and went in alone but that only angered him and then he proceeded to blame me for the problems of the team.

Ketch

The most frustrating thing about items for me, a casual consumer of virtual goods, is that it can be a pain in the ass to get the item you want.

Let's say all I want is the helm from some set. Search "hero name helm" on steam market, no result.What is it called? I don't know let's look at the store. They only list sets... Ok it's part of that set (or it's just not there) click in the set, it doesn't list the item names or let you buy them individually. Look up the set on google to find the actual name of the helm, search for that word for word in the steam market.. Pay 3 cents, get item.

All they have to do is put the items in the dota store.

Want helm from set, go to heroe's page in store, buy helm. Done.

I don't want to pay 2.50 for a mystery box either, just let me buy what I want to buy.

It's so stupid that I can't believe they have an economist on staff.

Kioshen

The most frustrating thing about items for me, a casual consumer of virtual goods, is that it can be a pain in the ass to get the item you want.

Let's say all I want is the helm from some set. Search "hero name helm" on steam market, no result.What is it called? I don't know let's look at the store. They only list sets... Ok it's part of that set (or it's just not there) click in the set, it doesn't list the item names or let you buy them individually. Look up the set on google to find the actual name of the helm, search for that word for word in the steam market.. Pay 3 cents, get item.

All they have to do is put the items in the dota store.

Want helm from set, go to heroe's page in store, buy helm. Done.

I don't want to pay 2.50 for a mystery box either, just let me buy what I want to buy.

It's so stupid that I can't believe they have an economist on staff.

I use this website instead of the market search because it's just too much of a pain.

--------------------

So I've started playing more games lately and at the same time going further than lv16 before a throne is destroyed. I was wondering if there are some quick and easy rules that I could follow to add stat points in a specific category. I used to add the stat point in the same category of the hero to add damage but afterward I just have no clue.

Is there also a key shortcut to add stat points like there is for skill points ?

Razzer

I use this website instead of the market search because it's just too much of a pain.

--------------------

So I've started playing more games lately and at the same time going further than lv16 before a throne is destroyed. I was wondering if there are some quick and easy rules that I could follow to add stat points in a specific category. I used to add the stat point in the same category of the hero to add damage but afterward I just have no clue.

Is there also a key shortcut to add stat points like there is for skill points ?

Do you mean like when you level up? Putting points into stats levels all of them up, you can't choose which attribute you add them to. If you mean items then just buy items that give the stat you want.

Kioshen

Do you mean like when you level up? Putting points into stats levels all of them up, you can't choose which attribute you add them to. If you mean items then just buy items that give the stat you want.

Yeah this is what I meant and I thought you had to select which attribute to pick. This simplify things a bunch. Thank you !

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah I played this game for like 7 or 8 months thinking you could select an attribute to level up stats in. Eventually learned you do all of them at once.

Fevaweva

If there is something I hate about DOTA 2 and I guess for MOBAS in general is that during a lot of teamfights, particularly late ones, its so difficult to see what the fuck is going on with all those explosions and effects going off constantly. I am astonished that people can commentate when that is going on without just going "Fuck it man, I don't know, your guess is as good as mine."

Probably my inexperience talking though.

If there is something I hate about DOTA 2 and I guess for MOBAS in general is that during a lot of teamfights, particularly late ones, its so difficult to see what the fuck is going on with all those explosions and effects going off constantly. I am astonished that people can commentate when that is going on without just going "Fuck it mad, I don't know, your guess is as good as mine."

I had that problem too in the beginning, but you kind of get used to it and know what to focus on. Even after getting used to it though fights can get really busy and it becomes hard to see what's even going on.

Hylian7

If there is something I hate about DOTA 2 and I guess for MOBAS in general is that during a lot of teamfights, particularly late ones, its so difficult to see what the fuck is going on with all those explosions and effects going off constantly. I am astonished that people can commentate when that is going on without just going "Fuck it man, I don't know, your guess is as good as mine."

Most of the spells are really good about matching color schemes with the heroes. If they don't, they usually make logical sense of which hero they came from. For instance Lina is all red fire stuff, then her Ultimate is white with a really loud sound and a clear indication it came from her.

Top Bottom