• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

I think without them Dota could get to 1 million concurrent at it's absolute peak. With them, who knows how high the ceiling is. Although this number is assuming Dota 2 never takes off in china like Dota did.

I remember playing Age of Mythology(an RTS) for years after it came out only because of the custom game modes and there were tons of other people right there with me despite the fact that it wasn't the most popular game out there.

Just think of the amount of people that say they don't want to get into this game because it's intimidating but like everything else about it.

Edit: Mirana, again. I hope she loses again.

One Weird Trick to Raise MMR That Raijin Thunderkeg Doesn’t Want You to Know About

Been reading a lot of "heated" discussions in regards to this lately with a fair bit of people arguing that picking "high impact" solo mids is not the best way to increase one's solo MMR (most likely from people tired of seeing 5 carry lineups in their solo queue). Anecdotally, when I used to pick support in solo queue, I would either do well early game but lose because our carry couldn't farm properly or do poorly early game. Either way I'd be opposing carry food late game. When I play mid or some type of farm dependent hero, I could always catch up if I did poorly early game since the character scales with farm. Anyways article linked above concludes that picking high impact heroes only works to increase MMR if you're essentially smurfing. I'm not sure I agree with that but then my solo MMR doesn't exactly support my assertions either.

Dares

I like the GD Studio talk about random bullshit style.

Some people think that it's a mess but that is what I like. They have way more natural chemistry, more than say BTS.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
One Weird Trick to Raise MMR That Raijin Thunderkeg Doesn’t Want You to Know About

Been reading a lot of "heated" discussions in regards to this lately with a fair bit of people arguing that picking "high impact" solo mids is not the best way to increase one's solo MMR (most likely from people tired of seeing 5 carry lineups in their solo queue). Anecdotally, when I used to pick support in solo queue, I would either do well early game but lose because our carry couldn't farm properly or do poorly early game. Either way I'd be opposing carry food late game. When I play mid or some type of farm dependent hero, I could always catch up if I did poorly early game since the character scales with farm. Anyways article linked above concludes that picking high impact heroes only works to increase MMR if you're essentially smurfing. I'm not sure I agree with that but then my solo MMR doesn't exactly support my assertions either.

I love this dude's articles, they are always damn good and his stats and analysis are pretty detailed and informative.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I know a lot of Dota hatsmakers hang out at GAF. I'm making a desperate plea for Brewmaster hats. This hero has a single set that's over a year old and only marginally changes his basic appearance and a few scattered jugs and flails that are underwhelming to say the least. I know he is not a popular hero, both in the meta or in pubs but he's been on the cusp of a breakout for a long time now. I think the right set could help bring him into focus. Anuxi, bounch, whoever. Somebody please help me.

docbon

Milkman getting FKN REKT by honorary GAF member travdood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0EOftCMWm4

RIP ellen pudge

8x14TP5.png

Absolutely living up to the name.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not really sure why my captain was thinking why they Drafted Invoker, Kunnka, and Death Prophet, with SD and Nyx as supports. Also, the Invoker made me leave my solo lane as Nyx :( I was Level 5 at like 5 minute in, and it took like another 8 minutes to actually make it to level 6 because the other team had a much better trilane and SD was level 1 at 5 minuets in.

Not really sure why my captain was thinking why they Drafted Invoker, Kunnka, and Death Prophet, with SD and Nyx as supports. Also, the Invoker made me leave my solo lane as Nyx :( I was Level 5 at like 5 minute in, and it took like another 8 minutes to actually make it to level 6 because the other team had a much better trilane and SD was level 1 at 5 minuets in.

Nope, I really can't figure out a way to fit all those heroes into one lineup and have it not suck.

Hylian7

This is why I avoid CM/CD queue with anything less than a 5 stack.

ksan

i don't see the problem with that draft itself, while i don't think it's the best ever, it's decent
kka/sd/nyx aggro tri
dp mid
inv solo safe

if you do well in the aggro tri, it sounds like you could transition into pick offs and pushes
especially with a exortvoker with a quite early necro

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Brad Shoemaker just got a rampage, live on stream (after wailing on Borrowed Time for its full duration). He then promptly died to creeps.

This is why I avoid CM/CD queue with anything less than a 5 stack.
Not all of us have that luxury to play with a 5-stack :(

It's still better than the clusterfuck that is all pick.
i don't see the problem with that draft itself, while i don't think it's the best ever, it's decent
kka/sd/nyx aggro tri
dp mid
inv solo safe

if you do well in the aggro tri, it sounds like you could transition into pick offs and pushes
especially with a exortvoker with a quite early necro
That's the only one I came up with as well. You'd have to do really well in that trilane though, Nyx and Kunkka really need their levels.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the patch should hit in a few moments, the ESL items have already been distributed, but don't have a schema entry.

Manus

I feel bad for you single solo queue people. I can't tell you the last time I did solo, it would probably make me quit Dota. Thank God for Whatsapp though, I usually always schedule people from there so I always play with 2 or more people. Usually the GAF guild channel is dead unless a inhouse is going on.

Top Bottom