• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
CreativePettyGreatdane.gif

still way better than korea at least

Well I was comparing NA to EU, SEA and China, in which case NA falls last. Korea barely even cares about Dota.

I thought the Pyrionflax announcer was really funny at first, but it started to get on my nerves after a while. The Lina announcer is perfect, it's funny but still not annoying.

Einbroch

Banned
I don't mean to sound racist or anything, but is there a trick to playing with English speakers? In at least 75% of my games all my allies speak Spanish, and it really sucks when I have no idea what they're saying. Even the pings are confusing.

Razzer

I don't mean to sound racist or anything, but is there a trick to playing with English speakers? In at least 75% of my games all my allies speak Spanish, and it really sucks when I have no idea what they're saying. Even the pings are confusing.

Not really, just one of those things.

On a related note, I find myself using the alt-click on skills and items stuff so much these days, they really are so so convenient. Need to get across to your teammate you should back with reasoning so they don't ignore you? 'Insert skill here - out of mana'. Wanna let them know you are about to initiate? 'Blink Dagger - ready', 'Black hole - ready'. Being able to quickly and efficiently tell your team what items you will get is also great. Honestly, you don't really need to type to communicate much anymore. Some more specific requests, yeah, but all the basics are covered. Its great.

Not really, just one of those things.

On a related note, I find myself using the alt-click on skills and items stuff so much these days, they really are so so convenient. Need to get across to your teammate you should back with reasoning so they don't ignore you? 'Insert skill here - out of mana'. Wanna let them know you are about to initiate? 'Blink Dagger - ready', 'Black hole - ready'. Being able to quickly and efficiently tell your team what items you will get is also great. Honestly, you don't really need to type to communicate much anymore. Some more specific requests, yeah, but all the basics are covered. Its great.
Agreed, and it really helps when others don't speak the same language. It's really easy to announce what items you're going to buy and what's on cd.

It's becoming less and less acceptable to not communicate with your team.

I wish there was some way to sort out who goes in what lane before the game starts. That's one of the few annoyances I still have.

Aselith

OH BIG MAN PICKING ON SUPPORTS I HOPE YOUR MOTHER SEES THIS

I went all the way down this rabbit hole and I have a russian friend now that always speaks russian no english and then he invites his russian friends and we stomp together. I've played 4 games with him 100% win rate.

Hupsel

I wish there was some way to sort out who goes in what lane before the game starts. That's one of the few annoyances I still have.

I always try to put my hero where I want him to be on the minimap before the game starts and people are still picking heroes but it doesnt work most of the time. Dont even know if pubs know you can do that and can click there.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I still feel the defence grid announcer is the best. You don't get hit over the head with puns and word play, and it tells far less jokes then other announcers, which I find to be a plus. It really does a good job at being an announcer with some flavor thrown in.

My only issue is I swear someone screwed up when a few of the lines play. like the line "On the bright side, radiant structure are impervious!" Sounds wrong when you are on dire.

inkls

I still feel the defence grid announcer is the best. You don't get hit over the head with puns and word play, and it tells far less jokes then other announcers, which I find to be a plus. It really does a good job at being an announcer with some flavor thrown in.

My only issue is I swear someone screwed up when a few of the lines play. like the line "On the bright side, radiant structure are impervious!" Sounds wrong when you are on dire.

Well radiant IS the bright side of the map :p

I always try to put my hero where I want him to be on the minimap before the game starts and people are still picking heroes but it doesnt work most of the time. Dont even know if pubs know you can do that and can click there.
Yeah that change had almost no effect. I wish people were forced to pick their lane after picking a hero, or some other way to direct people to the minimap.

Luckily people will often give a lane to you if you call it before them. At least that's been my experience with mid.

Granadier

On the plus side, most of the heroes in Dota seem to be flexible as far as where they can be played. So if you get forced out of your preferred pick you can usually still be successful if you play well.

On the plus side, most of the heroes in Dota seem to be flexible as far as where they can be played. So if you get forced out of your preferred pick you can usually still be successful if you play well.
The problem lies with the (pudge) players that think the game is ruined if they don't lane exactly where they want to (mostly mid).

Every hero can work in every lane in pubs.

Granadier

The problem lies with the (pudge) players that think the game is ruined if they don't lane exactly where they want to (mostly mid).

Every hero can work in every lane in pubs.

Yeah, but these are all League players that think they are the next Dendi. They all have to have the F2P skin as well.

i see everyone getting angry at mirana being spammed but no1curr about how pudge is chosen even more frequently?!?!?!

misogyny imo
:D

it's more an issue in competitive. I don't mind Mirana in pubs because most suck. Just chuckin arrows and praying for one to connect while failing to farm.

also, Pudge can't make his entire team go invis on a whim.

*cries*

Low Tier
huh.

every game is axe. and chinese invoker spammer.

like there's actually an axe in every ranked game i've played in the last 3 days.

Well I was talking about competitive sooo yeah

Speaking of ks, Rejects just missed the first blood on BS because they wanted Weaver to get the kill, thus missing the kill entirely.

Granadier

i shit you not, i saw that gif on reddit months ago and it completely changed my views on ks as a support

i never stop until theyre dead and i advise any supports i get to do the same lol

This.

All that matters is the win.
edit: What's the different between a kill and an assist anyways, ~150 gold?
not talking about spree stoppers

Aselith

This.

But the stats, bro.........................................................................................

dorkimoe

i had to reinstall because ive been getting some stupid framerate drops since the last update..and my gfx card definitely shouldnt be having issues.

Now the game seems weird...is there a setting to make panning the camera smoother? it seems to be like clunky now all of a sudden after the reinstall

Madouu

i had to reinstall because ive been getting some stupid framerate drops since the last update..and my gfx card definitely shouldnt be having issues.

Now the game seems weird...is there a setting to make panning the camera smoother? it seems to be like clunky now all of a sudden after the reinstall

Camera deceleration in options? I had to tinker with that a lot before finding a setting that suits me, the default setting is awful imo.

BeesEight

Because of this, I will kill secure at any cost, always and forever.

You do God's work. It's the only way to play and the mentality I always take as support. Kill. Secured.

This.

Formula is:

Kill: (streak + 200) + (hero level * 9)
Assist:
[1 hero] 125 + (12 x hero level)
[2 heroes] 40 + (10 x hero level)
[3 heroes] 10 + (6 x hero level)
[4+ heroes] (6 x hero level)

Seriously though, your carry should be farming well enough to make up for only getting assist gold. If they whine they're either terrible at last hitting or incredibly greedy (or your team has been terrible at supporting them but it's Dota so always someone else's fault). So yeah, if two people kill a level 10 hero then it's a difference of 150 gold between the kill and assist.

I've found objectively less people who don't speak English on EUW. You're likiely to find more Russians playing on USE/W than on EUW on my experiences. Trade off is about 40ms on my ping. I'm okay with that.

I wouldn't know, I stopped playing on US servers since I found out I get 100ms more ping there. All I know is that at the times I'm playing (afternoon EU) I get 90% Russians in every game. Maybe I should only play at night.

edit: I don't even mind Russians, but most of the ones that I play with either ignore everything and play by themselves or are the stereotypical asshole Russians.

Top Bottom