• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

elyetis

I feel bad for you single solo queue people. I can't tell you the last time I did solo, it would probably make me quit Dota. Thank God for Whatsapp though, I usually always schedule people from there so I always play with 2 or more people. Usually the GAF guild channel is dead unless a inhouse is going on.
I played 99.9% of my game with 1-2 friend ( sometimes more but that's far too rare sadly ), and did some solo queue recently, and I actually found myself 'rage' far less in solo queue because I went there with 0 expectation of having decent human being with me, and didn't even try to really win those game.

Kard8p3

LMAOOO, some white trash across the street just got their car repo'd, was hoping they'd be home so I could enjoy a fight.

Oh well, time to watch 109 while waiting for Arrow.

Sigh.. I feel like this game is being ruined by players on NA servers not speaking english.

Communication is so vital and not being able to communicate kind of kills the game.

Quesa

Maybe you should play with some of the people on your friends list. >.>

Word. Been solo queuing cuz I was in a funk and losing all the time but I played with gaf ppl yesterday and the game we got stomped was way less soul-crushing than usual. It was also all random so that probably had something to do with it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Ember spirit its still pretty good even with the nerfs, too bad he gets fucked up 1 on 1 by many carries. Ember its all about ranged dmg.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
7ZIemj3.png

Goddard

I was on a 6 game winning streak and it got ended by someone randoming wisp, abandoning our hard carry in the safe lane, and trying to solo offlane (feeding.) WHYYYYYY?

Hupsel

Man cant believe some people go all the way to 4k or more solo mmr. Im stuck at 2.7k and win 50% of the matches. Even when I play very well cant do anything if 3 other players are just bad. Guess that most people with high solo MMR are mid laners that control the early game and gank?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Man cant believe some people go all the way to 4k or more solo mmr. Im stuck at 2.7k and win 50% of the matches. Even when I play very well cant do anything if 3 other players are just bad. Guess that most people with high solo MMR are mid laners that control the early game and gank?
You can be anything as long as you have a strong impact. Support doesn't mean you sit behind your carry and deny, it means you go and fucking kill everyone starting from level 1, bully the shit out of them, counter-TP dives, etc.

Basically gitgud, your very well and my very well and a 5k player very well are worlds apart.

Low Tier

i do half and half.

if my team's civil I usually go mid (or ursa safelane if im dire)

if they already instalocked the cores, i'll just go support. You'd be surprised how many games you win just because you rotate properly.

5425, started at ~4900 after calibration.

dota's just a game of picking the right hero.
and whichever team has the least barbarians

Razzer

Whilst it may seem harsh, unless you are a smurf on the way up it's likely you are exactly where you should be in MMR. If you are getting matched with them they are roughly at your skill level when all factors are considered. That does not mean they are going to play at the average every game, so often you meet people on a hero they don't know well or are having a bad day in general.

Mid snowballers are good if you are way above everyone else in skill. This is likely not the case though. The article posted earlier has more info on this.

sixghost

I think part of the reason solo MM is so hard is because everyone has this same attitude. When you have 5 players all assuming they are the best on their team and are just waiting for their teammates to fuck things up you get a really negative atmosphere. You make one mistake and people start pinging and insulting you.

Goddard

I feel like in solo ranked I am way above my rank (3K) because my last game had a fucking solo offlane wisp who told me to fuck off and then fed a lifestealer, but I actually feel like I am below my party ranked MMR. Ranked CM 5 stacks I don't do that well in.

sfedai0

Banned

There is a noticeable increase of teamwork and individual talent the higher you climb the MMR ladder. Of course, there are still games where you get stomped and have no coordination. My success to winning is to paly mainly support/roamers. Smoke early, create space, and make sure the map is warded in a way that the team can gank easily.

Dares

Man watching Merlini play NEL just makes me realize how immature and annoying some of the pros are. Like I get it they are mostly young and stuff and it's competitive but damn...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I think i'm starting to hate solo ranked games, if i fgo support my carries can't carry shit if go carry i end up with shit supports. Solo ranked is killing my soul.

*queues for solo ranked yet again*

NBtoaster

I'm above 4k and I rarely play mid or carry. I prefer support or offlane.

capture3uiy8.jpg

Ultimatum

Banned
why are americans so fucking bad at dota

eu w might be full of russians but at least they aren't so retarded/shit/cunt/throw #trench

Ketch

I never win this game.

Why can't the fucking guy who goes like 20/6 and gets a rampage ever be on my team?

Edit: I mean I get it, I'm not good. I'm okay with that, I'm okay with being mediocre at best. But there's typically somebody in the match who actually is good, and all I'm sayin is that guy is always on the other fucking team.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright, looks like my API crawler is working right. Not too sure how good my data is going to be (I'm making use of GetMatchHistory to get SteamIDs), but I have it collecting info on all equipped items right now. It seems to run at a decent speed, checking one account a second. If I can schedule a windows task for it, I should be able to have some good data in the morning.

Top Bottom